Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
Kelda Briar

Probably, it had been too much to hope that the imposing Orc she'd flung away would stay where he'd landed. The look in his eyes was terrible! She stumbled backward, afraid at his onslaught, and although he tripped before he could strike her, she still felt the fear of it. In the chaos, she found every escape blocked by more harm, and the Orc's pets were quickly closing in as well. The wind though... it had changed. She felt suddenly tranquil, as though it were lifting her from the ground, away from pain and fear, to a place of absolute love, and peace. It was as though Sehanine was lifting her to the sky. Was she dying? She didn't remember being struck. It didn't matter though. As she opened her eyes, and gazed around the room, the chaos slowed to a crawl, and the peace she felt flew out of her in all directions. A blinding light, with a force she couldn't imagine.

Move: Shifting to J,7.
Standard: Using my "Glorious Presence" encounter power.

Glorious Presence, Int vs Will against Orc Brute 0: 16 = Hit, and moved to square J,13
GP vs Orc Guard 2: 7 = Miss.
GP vs Young Warg 3: 13 = If hit, move to square M,10.
GP vs Orc Brute 1: 17 = Hit, move to square M,3 (I think.)
GP vs Orc Guard 0: 15 = Obliterated by the sheer power of love.

9 Radiant, and 9 Fire damage to all those hit.

Jericho, Nadya, Keaira, and Myself, all gain +4 Temporary HP (Unless my Temp HP doesn't stack with the temporary HP I got from Llenewar?)

pre:
Kelda 						 
HP: 23/23 (THP: 8)        AC:   13    Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 9/9 (V: 5)       For:  12    Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +1   	 Ref:  14    Action Points: 1/1
Speed: 6     	         Will: 17
Languages: Common, Primordial

At Will			                Encounter		     Daily
Witch Bolt                          [x] Glorious Presence          [ ] Charm of Forbiddance
Breath of Night                       
Ray of Frost                        

Conditionals/Resists:
Fast Runner: +2 Speed on Charge/Run
Familiar: Gain a +5 saving throw vs poisons
Familiar's Vitality: When you use your second wind and your familiar is within 10 squares 
of you, you regain 3 additional hit points. 
Stubborn Protector: Gain resist 1 against ranged and melee attacks while adjacent to the 
goat familiar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003
Plowforged

Energy spikes along the outside of the robot and a low thrumming can be heard beneath the continuous sounds of thunder. He stands quickly from his stumble and steels himself against the orc, as he opens his mouth and attacks with surprising speed. His arms whirl and slash like knives at the orc soldier, and as he strikes into the beast he lets loose a terrifying warcry, half human scream and half raw cacophony, a noise dredged from only the gods know where. After that he strikes again, Howling with the fury of ancient metal grating on rust and blood, a howl so fierce that it makes the skin of his enemies spit and blood ooze from open wounds. As the yell finally subsides he pounds his own chest, sending sparks flying across what's left of his enemies and banging his plates back into their proper place.

Move: stand up
Shout of Terror: Attack:120+7=27 CRIT! Damage: 1d6+4(str)+4(Con, blood hunt rage currently bloodied)+4(Battleborn Acuity)=18 Extra effect: Blast 3 slows all enemies in blast, must include target - will get soldier + the Young Warg 1&2. +4 damage against all slowed targets until the end of my next turn.

Assuming that this (which might possibly include the conditional 9) doesn't kill the soldier, Spend an action point for:

Howl of Fury: Attack:1d20+7=25 Damage:1d6+4(str)+4(Con, still bloodied)+4(Battleborn acuity)+4(slowed target)=18
The young wargs in blast 3 (must include target but only damages other enemies)take 7 (Con+3 while raging)

Total damage: 18+18=36, +9 if I bloodied him for 45 to the soldier (and he's slowed)
Young Warg 1&2 take 7 and are slowed

Minor: Warforged Resolve (Healing 3 due to being bloodied, then gaining 3 temp hp, no longer bloodied)
Conditional: If at any time I bloody the soldier, all adjacent enemies will take 9 damage.

pre:
Plowforged, the Grain Reaper						 
HP: 17/33 (THP:3 )        AC:   12    Passive Insight: 10
Surges: 11/12 (V: 8)     For:  16    Passive Perception: 10
Initiative: +1   	 Ref:  12    Action Points: 1/1
Speed: 6     	         Will: 12
Languages: Common,

Howl of Fury                            [X] Warforged Resolve         [x] Bloodhunt Rage
Devastating strike                      [ ] War Cry
Melee Basic                             [X] Shout of Terror

Conditionals/Resists:
+2 to saves against ongoing damage (Warforged Resilience)
Once per turn when your attack bloodies an enemy, each adjacent enemy takes 9 (Thunderborn Wrath and Rage)

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008
Llenewar

With that stunning display of violence the Plowforged had earned a spot in Llenewar's nightmares for years to come. He made a mental note to never, ever become its enemy. Aiming for the soft, exposed bits on the orcs had been working out well for him so far and he continued this streak, burying the shale up to the hilt in the guard's eye and sending the rush of bloodlust and conquest to the Plowforged once again. An incredulous laugh dropped out of his mouth as he rejoined the rest of their crew of insurgents. "We're winning... by the gods, we're winning!!"

Minor: Sustain Battleborn Acuity
Standard: Energizing Strike to G8 grunt
Energizing Strike vs AC: 1d20+7 21 1d4+3 6
It is dead, and Plowforged gains a 4th temp HP (sadly, Anomaly and Danger-Pumpkin, temp HP don't stack). I could give myself the temp HP, but between my relatively high HP/surges and Ardent Outrage I'm not terribly concerned about taking damage.
Move: to H9; Jericho, Keiara, and Nadya all enjoy my Battleborn Acuity bonuses.

pre:
Llenewar		At-Will				Encounter			Daily
HP: 26/30 (tHP: -)	[-] Demoralizing Strike		[ ] Virtuous Strike		[X] Battleborn Acuity
Surges: 11/11 (v: 7)	[-] Energizing Strike		[ ] Ardent Outrage			
Speed: 6						[ ] Action Point
Initiative: +0						[ ] Second Wind
Action Point(s): 1					[X] [ ] Ardent Surge
Power Points: 2						

AC: 10		Fort: 15	Ref: 10		Will: 15

Melee Basic (improvised shiv): +4 vs. AC, 1d4 damage OR as Virtuous Strike (1/encounter)
Ranged Basic: N/A

Passive Perception: 10		Passive Insight: 17

Qualities
- Allies within 10 squares gain a +1 racial bonus to Diplomacy. (Group Diplomacy)
- I and allies within 5 squares of me gain +4 damage on OAs and +2 to Diplomacy and Intimidate. (Elation)
- When I use Second Wind, one ally within my Mantle can use Second Wind as a free action. (Wind of Sympathy)

Conditionals
- When bloodied by an attack, I will use Ardent Outrage as No Action.
	-However, I will not use Ardent Outrage if no other PCs will have a turn before I do.

Izzy
Mar 22, 2010

Gibbering in the void
Through Jericho, the spirits howl in anger at being denied their satisfaction, and turn once more on the orc in front of him. But once more, the orc shrugs off the assault. He turns at Llanewar's cry, seeing the dead orcs at the others' feet, the orcs themselves as they struggle through the grasping plants. He's right. By the gods, he's right. A thrill of hope surges inside him for the first time in months, and with this newfound confidence, he turns on their leader.

As his life force surges with Kelda's power, he leaves the stubborn guard to the others as thorns sprout from his club. With a flick of his wrist, they tear free and launch themselves at the larger orc. Sadly, they too have no effect. He snarls in frustration, but he's not finished. The tree near the construct that had once been a table bursts into bloom, and the damage to Plowforged begins to heal.

Spending an Action Point.
Move: Shift to H,7
Standard: Voice of Battle on Orc Guard 6: 1d20+6 12 Miss.
Standard 2: Bramble Ally on Orc Soldier: 1d20+6 9 Miss. :eng99:
Minor: Healing spirit on self: Spending a healing surge to heal Plowforged: 1d6+5 11 Considered next to his spirit companion since he's next to a table.

pre:
Jericho 						 
HP: 27/27 (THP: 4)       AC:   10    Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 7/9 (V: 6)       For:  14    Passive Perception: 20
Initiative: +0   	 Ref:  11    Action Points: 0/1
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will                      Encounter                    Daily
Call Spirit Companion        [X] [X] Healing Spirit       [X] Stone Root Spirit
World Speaker's Command      [ ] Speak with Spirits    
Haunting Spirits             [X] Bramble Ally       
Spirit of the Tempest
Voice of Battle

Spirit Companion

AC: 12
For: 16
Ref: 13
Will: 19

If a single melee or ranged attack does 11 or more damage to the spirit, it disappears and Jericho takes 6 
damage. Otherwise, the spirit is unaffected by the attack.

Conditionals/Resists:
World Speaker Spirit Boon: +2 to all defenses to allies provoking an AoO by entering or leaving a square adjacent 
  to his spirit companion.
Resilient Spirit: Spirit Companion gains +2 to all defenses.
Vigorous Spirit: Target regains additional HP equal to WIS mod (+5) when healing spirit is used.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Nadya

Nadya winces, feels relief, cringes, shouts in pain and then pants, half-grinning. "I-I.. d-don't do as well... getting beating up... and recovering.. like you!" But she can do this much... and gives the Brute a vicious clubbing!

Well, I'm sure the Camp has seen vicious-er. 4 Damage.

Overwhelming Strike on Brute South of Me for 4 Damage
Shift to H10, pull Brute to my Former Square.

pre:
Nadya 						 
HP: 25/27 (THP: )        AC:   15    Passive Insight: 14
Surges: 7/8 (V: 6)       For:  13    Passive Perception: 19
Initiative: +2   	 Ref:  14    Action Points: 1/1
Speed: 6     	         Will: 18    
Languages: Common, Giant

At Will			Encounter		     Daily
Overwhelming Strike     [ ] Heroic Effort            [ ] Aspect of Might
Radiant Vengence        [X] Angelic Alacrity     
                        [X] Oath of Enmity        
                        [ ] Abjure Undead
                        OR
                        [ ] Divine Guidance

Conditionals/Resists:
Superior Will: Extra Save vs all Daze/Stun at Start of Turn
Censure of Pursuit: Gain +4 Damage UEONT if Oath Target moves away willingly

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Keaira heals Nadya
Keaira enfeebles the Orc Brute at J,10 (I,9 at EOT) for 9 damage.

Kelda moves to J,7
Kelda kills Orc Guard 0
Kelda hits Orc Brute 1 for 18 damage, bloodying him and moving him to M,3
Kelda kills Young Warg 3

Plowforged kills Orc Soldier and Young Warg 1&2

Grunt in G,8 is killed by Llenewar , Llenewar moves to H,9

Izzy moves to H,7, missed attack.

Nadya shifts to H,10 and attacks the Orc Brute for 4 damage, forcing him to move to I,9

The scene in the mess tent is one of absolute carnage. Keaira continues to keep her foe in check with her incredible resolve, Kelda incinerates Orcs in a storm of flame and light, and Plowforged has managed to carve his way clean through the Orc Soldier, killing the charging wargs with the shockwave of the blow alone. It's clear the tide of battle is turning.

Keaira's Orcish opponent puts all of his remaining strength into what will, in all likelihood, be his final attack. Unexpectedly fierce and quick, Keaira doesn't have time to get out of the way of the clusmy strike, taking the full force of the blow.

Brutal Strike vs Keaira AC: 1d20+3 18 2d6+7 16

Keaira takes 16 damage.

Kelda knocks back Orc_Brute 1 only to have him leap back onto his feet and charge her. As furious as Keaira's counterpart, but twice as clusmsy. Unable to move effectively through the brush, he again finds himself hardly able to reach her, let alone attack her. As Kelda turns to meet the Brute's attack, the guard behind her makes a swing for her head, just as she weaves out of the way. The Orc is stunned at his own incompetence.

Orc_Brute 1 charges Kelda AC, flanking: 1d20+6 7 1d6+7 13
Orc_Guard 2 Attacking Kelda, flanking: 1d20+5 8

Kelda isn't hit.

The sole remaining Warg dashes through the overgrowth towards Nadya, grabbing her by the ankle and pulling, hard. Nadya hits the ground with a thud, rolling out of the way just in time to avoid a strike from the nearby guard.

Young Warg 4 vs Reflex: 1d20+2 18
Orc_Guard 7 vs Nadya AC, CA due to Prone: 1d20+5 8

Nadya takes 3 damage and is knocked prone.

Players, go! Both of the remaining Orc Brutes are on the verge of death.

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008
Llenewar

He grimaced as Keaira faltered under the force of the orc's blow, and returned some measure of enthusiasm to her. Not as much as he would have liked, however, for when he reached into himself his own emotional reserves came up low. If anyone got hit that bad again he didn't think he would be able to keep them up...

Immediate Interrupt: Adept Surge, Keaira can spend a surge to recover 8 HP and gets +1 to attack rolls for her next turn.

pre:
HP: 26/30 (tHP: -)	[-] Demoralizing Strike		[ ] Virtuous Strike		[X] Battleborn Acuity
Action Point(s): 1					[X] [X] Ardent Surge
Power Points: 2						

Melee Basic (improvised shiv): +4 vs. AC, 1d4 damage OR as Virtuous Strike (1/encounter)

Qualities
- Allies within 10 squares gain a +1 racial bonus to Diplomacy. (Group Diplomacy)
- I and allies within 5 squares of me gain +4 damage on OAs and +2 to Diplomacy and Intimidate. (Elation)
- When I use Second Wind, one ally within my Mantle can use Second Wind as a free action. (Wind of Sympathy)

Conditionals
	-However, I will not use Ardent Outrage if no other PCs will have a turn before I do.

TheArchimage fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jul 3, 2014

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013
Keaira

Oof!

"Like I said..."

The force of the nearly-fatal blow had been dulled somewhat. Keaira looks over her shoulder at Llenewar, nodding at him slightly, eyes wide, in a silent gesture of gratitude.

Keaira turns back to the Brute, clenches her teeth in resolve, and raises the club once more... and like usual, her only saving grace is some inner reserve she didn't know she had. The Brute takes 9 damage (which I think KOs it).

If the Brute is KOed, Keaira turns her attention to the soldier immediately to her right. She pants, "I... am... not... giving... up...", moving the Divine Challenge to that one instead.

Standard: Holy Strike, hit on a reroll, for 9 damage to the Brute at I9.
Minor: Divine Challenge to the mook at J8. If he wants to hit anyone who's not Keaira, his roll is at -2, and he's punished with 6 radiant damage.

pre:
Keaira von Vesnt
Keaira von Vesnt
Init: +0	Action points: just the one
HP: 10/28	Surges: 8/11:7
AC: 10	Fort: 15	Ref: 12	Will: 15
Insight +8; Intimidate +8; Religion +4; Perception: +3; Stealth: +0

Conditionals:
- +1 to saving throws, +3 vs. immobilize, daze, stun, or weaken.

[-] Divine Challenge: minor to mark. -2 to hit and 6 radiant for attacking not me
[ ] Second Wind
[ ] Divine Mettle or Divine Strength (one Channel Divinity/encounter)
[ ] Guardian Light
[1] Lay on Hands
[ ] Glorious Charge

Izzy
Mar 22, 2010

Gibbering in the void
Jericho

Just a little more. Just a little more and we've won. But he couldn't allow himself time to celebrate just yet. He turned and leaped up onto the table behind him, Staring down at the almost-dead orc that remained. He raised his club with both hands, and it began to smoke and spark. He brought it down with all of his strength, and it struck with a deafening clap of thunder.

Move: Move to I6 and get up on the table. If that provokes an AoO, World Speaker Spirit Boon gives him +2 to all defenses.
Standard: Spirit of the Tempest on Orc Brute 1: 1d20+8 (CA from getting up on the table, +1 Battleborn Acuity) 25
Damage:1d8+7 (+2 Battleborn Acuity) 11

pre:
Jericho 						 
HP: 27/27 (THP: 4)       AC:   10    Passive Insight: 20

Spirit of the Tempest
Voice of Battle

Spirit Companion

AC: 12

If a single melee or ranged attack does 11 or more damage to the spirit, it disappears and Jericho takes 6 

Conditionals/Resists:
World Speaker Spirit Boon: +2 to all defenses to allies provoking an AoO by entering or leaving a square adjacent 
  to his spirit companion.
Vigorous Spirit: Target regains additional HP equal to WIS mod (+5) when healing spirit is used.

Izzy fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jul 4, 2014

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008
Llenewar

Llenewar stepped into the fray, slashing left and right. He would not give up! He would not surrender! The orcs fell in the path of his tiny knife as though he were cutting down reeds.

Move: Shift to I9, assuming the Brute is dead.
Standard: Demoralizing Strike Augment 2, targeting both J8 and I10.
Demoralizing Strike (Augment 2) vs AC: 2#1d20+7 16 25 2d4+3 7
They are both dead.
Minor: Sustain Battleborn Acuity, because why not.

pre:
Action Point(s): 1					[X] [X] Ardent Surge
Power Points: 0/2						

Qualities

Conditionals

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003
Plowforged

Plowforged moves slowly, the gears in his ankle stuck on something he'd have to bang out later. He examines the room and sees all the dead orcs and can't help but smile triumphantly as he realizes they're going to win, at least in here. He feels surge of vitality and hope well through him as he moves into the new fight.

move to G8
Standard: Second Wind, recovering 8 hp's and gaining +2 to my defenses until my next turn

code:
HP: 25/33 (THP:4)        AC:   12(14)    Passive Insight: 10
Surges: 10/12 (V: 8)     For:  16(18)    Passive Perception: 10
Initiative: +1   	 Ref:  12(14)    Action Points: 1/1
Speed: 6     	         Will: 12(14)

Howl of Fury                            [X] Warforged Resolve         [x] Bloodhunt Rage
Melee Basic                             [X] Shout of Terror
                                        [x] Second Wind
Conditionals/Resists:
Once per turn when your attack bloodies an enemy, each adjacent enemy takes 9 (Thunderborn Wrath and Rage)

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Once the Orc's leader fell, the rest of them proved no match for your newfound power. As the last Orc falls, you feel tangibly weaker, exhausted, but alive.

You have all lost your special bonus powers, for now.

Taking a moment to survey the carnage, there is probably 30-40 dead Orcs throughout the mess tent and at least that many other prisoners, but you've won, for now. The other rioters are arming themselves with the corpses of the dead Orcs, so it's only right that you do the same.

You start by stripping their armor:

1x Scale Mail Armor
2x Hide Armor
8x Leather Armor

Then, you sort through the weapons you've rounded up. The Guards were just using simple Truncheons, but the bigger orcs, the enforcers and their leader, are all using... unusually fine weapons. The Orcs never made a habit of having weapons visible or at hand, so you'd never had a chance to observe them before...

Truncheon x8
pre:
Truncheon - Military Weapon
  1d6 damage - +3 weapon proficiency 

This club has a weight in it for extra balance. 
Mithril Hand Axe x2
pre:
Mithril Hand Axe - Military Weapon
  1d6 damage - +3 weapon proficiency - 10/20 range
  Off-hand, Heavy Thrown

This is a hand axe made from Mithril. Surprisingly well-crafted, the handaxe is perfectly balanced,
  allowing it to strike truer and be thrown from a greater distance.
Mithril Longsword x1
pre:
Mithril Longsword - Military Weapon
  1d8 damage - +3 weapon proficiency 
  Off-hand, Versatile

This is a longsword made from Mithril. This longsword is exceptionally crafted from the highest quality
  materials. At the base of the blade is an engraving of a mountain. Starting from the base of the mountain, 
  a river is engraved along the fuller of the blade.

This longsword has been constructed and balanced in such a way that the weapon can be comfortably wielded
  in the offhand or two-handed. It is a shocking testament to the quality of Orcish blacksmithing.
Adamantium Dagger x1
pre:
Adamantium Dagger - Simple Weapon
 1d4 damage - +3 weapon proficiency - 5/10 range
 Off-hand, Brutal 2, Heavy Thrown

This is a dagger made from Adamantium. The dagger has a silver hilt. The handle has been shaped to resemble
 intertwining snakes, that connect to the head of a Medusa. The Medusa's eyes are two brilliant rubies. The
 blade is without scar or blemish, the blade so black that it almost seems to absorb the light around it.

Heavier than a typical dagger, this weapon can punch a hole through nearly anything and can be thrown like
 a thunderbolt by someone strong enough.
It's up to you how you want to divide up the equipment. Anything you don't take will get scooped up by the other rioters.

As you sort the loot you have a minute to breathe and reflect. The Orcs seem to have stopped pouring into the tent, for now. You can hear horns off in the distance, but they're not getting any closer. Those with medical talent patch up wounds as quickly as they can.

(Everyone is healed to full)

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008
Llenewar

His shiv broke apart on the last orc, leaving him holding only a handle covered in gore. Most of his hand and forearm were likewise soaked in blood, and the smell of it hit at the same time the emotional high left him. He stared at his hand uncomprehending as the spoon handle shakily fell from his grasp; he saw what it was but his brain couldn't quite absorb it. A hand? His hand? No, his hand never looked like this. So much blood shouldn't be covering his hand. He buried his face in the crook of his other arm, thankful he hadn't eaten any of the slop for breakfast today. Otherwise he would be in the middle of very undignified vomiting. The situation was spiraling out of control, and he could no longer hold the reins (if he ever did). He was playing a much more dangerous game than lies for coppers in a backwater village. He wasn't prepared for this. He wasn't ready for this! Get him out!

He bit his arm, tasting a thick layer of dust seasoned with the salt of sweat. The jolt of pain brought him back to his senses even if the bite wasn't hard enough to break the skin. Think for just a second, Llenewar. Every time you've tried to set a long term plan, you ended up getting bored of the whole thing and the moment to act passed you by. Stop trying to figure this out. Let it ride. Figure out how you'll profit by this later. You know what they want to hear, so just... tell them.

He knelt down and picked up a handaxe, more beautiful than any he had seen since his days among the elves. He also grabbed a truncheon as a backup weapon; there were enough of them, after all. One look at the dagger and he grimaced. He never wanted to have to get that personal with his enemies ever again. Even though it represented more wealth than he'd ever seen at one time, he didn't want it. Not if it meant pushing his entire arm through anyone. This helped him collect his thoughts and find his angle. Then he went to work doing what he did best of all.

"People!" he shouted to get the crowd's attention. His voice rang out like he had never lost an ounce of his power, as though his arms weren't sore and his body weren't drained. Ignore the pain. Act the part. "Our tormentors are dead, our bonds broken! We are free! Grab what you can. Take their food, their supplies, and their armaments! We'll pick this place clean and be gone by mid-morning." Good, there's lots to do before the backup forces arrive and not much time to do it. There would be plenty of chances to consolidate his authority later, the important thing now was to plant the idea of him in charge. Issue orders like a leader and they'll treat you like one; the lie will become the truth. And hadn't he always wanted his own unruly mob?

Ah yes, and one more thing. He must not forget the public relations game. He called out again, "And will anyone help me get Anna down? It was her passion and courage which gave us today's victory, and now that we are in control I cannot bear to leave her one moment longer." He turned to his compatriots, the ones who fought beside him against such odds. Their success or failure from this point on would depend on them. "Will any of you?"

I'll let our strikers argue over who gets the longsword; I think I'm one of the only people with the Strength to get any use at all out of the Heavy Thrown property of the Axe. I'll leave the dagger for someone restricted to Simple weapons. I eventually want to specialize in Spears/Polearms, but it's going to be a while before I grab the right feats so this will do for now. Also taking a Hide and saving the Scale for our Defender!

Have a new statblock!

pre:
HP: 30/30 (tHP: -)	[-] Demoralizing Strike		[ ] Virtuous Strike		[X] Battleborn Acuity
Surges: 10/11 (v: 7)	[-] Energizing Strike		[ ] Ardent Outrage			
Action Point(s): 1					[ ] [ ] Ardent Surge
Power Points: 2/2						

AC: 13		Fort: 15	Ref: 10		Will: 15

Melee Basic (Mithril Handaxe): +4 vs. AC, 1d6+1 damage OR as Virtuous Strike (1/encounter)
Ranged Basic (Mithril Handaxe): +4 vs. AC, 1d6+1 damage, range 10/20

Qualities

Conditionals

TheArchimage fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jul 4, 2014

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013
Keaira

"That... could have been worse... Is everyone okay?"

Of course they're not. But she finds somewhere in her mind ideas on how to improvise bandages, how to splint limbs, how to staunch the flow of blood, how to keep wounds clean so they heal properly. It's not something she picked up at school, there was never a course that covered it. But now she knows.

Without paying much attention to how she's doing things for now, she lets the instincts take over and helps everyone get back on their feet. She even checks Plowforged's ankle and finds a gear has been knocked loose from its setting, and puts it back. Keiara may not even know the words "medicine" or "robotics", but here she is. It's been a dizzying day.

(I'll keep using a truncheon; most of what I need is +3 proficiency. The way this plays out in my head Plowforged and Nadya take the longsword and one handaxe, those being the best weapons overall; Llenewar already has the other handaxe. I agree the dagger should go to someone who only has simple proficiencies.)

(But I definitely need that scale mail. And keep your eyes out for a shield we can liberate...)

pre:
Keaira von Vesnt
Keaira von Vesnt
HP: 28/28	Surges: 8/11:7
AC: 17	Fort: 14	Ref: 12	Will: 15

Conditionals:

[-] Divine Challenge: minor to mark. -2 to hit and 6 radiant for attacking not me
[ ] Second Wind
[ ] Guardian Light
[1] Lay on Hands
[ ] Glorious Charge

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

(Quick post to say that my kokoro wish is the Longsword because it's versatile property makes it the closest thing I've got to a proper 2-hander as an Avenger. I have a Ranged At-Will and my Strength blows so I can't see the Axe getting much use.)

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Doomykins posted:

(Quick post to say that my kokoro wish is the Longsword because it's versatile property makes it the closest thing I've got to a proper 2-hander as an Avenger. I have a Ranged At-Will and my Strength blows so I can't see the Axe getting much use.)

same problem here, one of my at wills requires me to be holding a melee weapon in two hands and it's the closest thing we've got to a two hander.

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013
(Guess we'd better go kill some more longsword-holdin' orcs.)

Izzy
Mar 22, 2010

Gibbering in the void
Jericho

With the battle over for the moment, the strange spirit sinks back into the earth. Where it once stood lies a short length of horn, carved with crude runes and wrapped in beaded leather. A gift, or simply an old discarded tool accidentally unearthed? Either way, it feels important, somehow, and Jericho tucks it into his belt. He looks up sharply at the sound of horns; from the sound of it, their peace won't last very long. He scavenges some of the crude leather armor worn by their enemies, and finds an ornate dagger that feels comfortable in his hand.

"Let me help you," he says to Llanewar, making his way to the door. "You're right. She deserves a proper resting place." She deserved to live, but there's nothing he can do about that now, even after what happened.

What had happened, anyway?

pre:
Jericho 						 
HP: 27/27 (THP: 4)       AC:   12    Passive Insight: 20

Call Spirit Companion        [ ] [ ] Healing Spirit       [ ] Stone Root Spirit
Haunting Spirits             [ ] Bramble Ally       
Spirit of the Tempest
Voice of Battle

Conditionals/Resists:
  to his spirit companion.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003
Plowforged

Plowforged pulled the Mithril Longsword off of the dead orc, and then grabbed a set of hide armor. He swung the sword experimentally in both hands a few times to get the feel for it, then looked over these new found... people? Owners? The words rumbled slowly in his mind, eventually settling on either allies or friends.

"There are more, here now or coming. They wouldn't have tried to kill all of us unless they were done here."

He looks over the dead orcs for a moment, mulling something else over in his mind? Processor? as Llenwar speaks.

"I'll bring down Anna. We should burn the orc bodies, too, just to let them know she won."

code:
HP: 33/33 (THP:0)        AC:   15()    Passive Insight: 10
Surges: 10/12 (V: 8)     For:  16()    Passive Perception: 10
Initiative: +1   	 Ref:  12()    Action Points: 1/1
Speed: 6     	         Will: 12()

Melee Basic: Mithril Longsword (Two Handed) +7, 1d8+5

Howl of Fury                            [ ] Warforged Resolve         [ ] Bloodhunt Rage
Melee Basic                             [ ] Shout of Terror
                                        [ ] Second Wind
Conditionals/Resists:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Nadya

Caught by the worg and pulled off her feet Nadya is suddenly taken by memories of what happens to anyone in the camp who spots a "hole" in the Guard patrols and thinks that running too quickly will earn their freedom from lazy Orcs... those holes are usually intended as an exercise in demoralization and training for both man and beast. The worg would easily run the man down, pull his leg out and then go for the throat. Frantically kicking and screaming Nadya tries to swing her club, curl up into a defensive ball and stagger to one foot as quickly as she can all at the same time.

... When the dog is knocked clean off her by somebody else she calms down. Eventually. She makes a point to find and thank Keaira. "Two against one is no fair, I'm glad you backed me up!"

Then she sheepishly helps the others pick through the guards. At one point she feels a surge of divine elation as she spies the longsword, knowing that such an elegant weapon was surely meant to fall into the hands of a maiden as elegant as herself, hah. Then the machine seizes it and she sort of murmurs a weak protest made weaker still by the sight of Plowforged covered in so much blood and guts. She mutters a "Nevermind" if he asks and picks up a pair of truncheons. Then she stammers and blinks several times in shock as she catches the end of Llenewar's speech. Red in the face she is filled with sudden fearlessness and finds her way inevitably over to him, blocking his path and glaring up into his face. "You can't be serious! If we're still here in the morning we'll probably wake up to a fire or worse!" She gestures in both directions with both hands erratically. "This camp is huge, SURELY we need to take stock of the rest of it?! I mean, do you really think those are all the Guards?! Like they even pulled the scouts on patrol or the river watch and the guys watching the front door, "Hey there's a chance to pummel some Hummies in the mess hall, the overseer won't mind if you abandon post!"?!?!?"

She huffs and puffs and calms down a little but stands firm. "I could head out and try to take a look, contact somebody... we're just one work group! This isn't over yet! Can't you hear the horns?!"

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Kelda Briar

When the humming had ended, her tranquility gave way to panic again. But the fighting seemed to be done with. For now. As the others picked over the bodies of their foes, and began discussing plans Kelda simply kept her mouth shut, and her head down. Shock, maybe.

There were injured people in the tent, though somehow she wasn't one of them. She'd been protected. The whole thing had blown right by her, like she was untouchable. Still in shock. She silently milled about, looking for a way to help, or just a way to not have to think about all of this unpleasantness... or how any of it was possible.

pre:
Kelda 						 
HP: 23/23 (THP: 0)       AC:   13    Passive Insight: 19

Witch Bolt                          [ ] Glorious Presence          [ ] Charm of Forbiddance
Breath of Night                       
Ray of Frost                        

Conditionals/Resists:
Familiar's Vitality: When you use your second wind and your familiar is within 10 squares 
Stubborn Protector: Gain resist 1 against ranged and melee attacks while adjacent to the 
goat familiar.
I don't really think I need anything from here.

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jul 6, 2014

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Nadya's concerns seem prophetic when you hear shouts for help north of the tent. Scrambling through the carnage of the previous battle, you stumble out into the next! You reach the end of the tent in time to see the Orcs tear through a line of rebelling prisoners. There's none of the hooded thugs that have served as your guards - these are Orcs in armor with gleaming weapons. Soldiers.

Brutes wielding dull silver battle-axes move into a flanking position on the edges of the tents, while the more armored infantry guard over archers. The archers stand beside a brazier, setting arrows alight before firing them into the crowd. A pair of wargs, driven into a frenzy, snarl and pounce. In minutes they've cut down half a dozen rioters, and most of the rest of the crowd has scattered. Three wounded rebels stand amid the carnage, looking determined to fight, but relieved they have some reinforcement.

Allies:
Rebel 1 - AC16 / F13 / R16 / W14 - Bloodied
Rebel 2 - AC15 / F16 / R13 / W15 - Bloodied
Rebel 3 - AC16 / F14 / F14 / F14 - Bloodied

Enemies:
Brute 1 - AC13 / F14 / R13 / W13 - BtlAxe
Brute 2 - AC13 / F14 / R13 / W13 - BtlAxe
Soldier 1 - AC17 / F14 / R13 / W13 - LngSwrd
Soldier 2 - AC18 / F14 / R14 / W13 - Spear/Shld
Archer 1 - AC13 / F13 / R14 / W14 - LongBow
Archer 2 - AC13 / F13 / R14 / W14 - LongBow
Warg 1 - AC15 / F12 / R14 / W13 - Minion /w 10 THP
Warg 2 - AC15 / F12 / R14 / W13 - Minion /w 10 THP

Player turn.

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008
Llenewar

Soldiers. Actual, trained for murder and mayhem soldiers. They were playing for keeps now; it was either beat them back or get strung up like Anna. And no surge of power to help him; he would have to do what he could with what he had. Time to play the role of fearless rebel leader. He rattled off orders as though he had done this all his life, "Plowforged, you go left. Old man, little girl, you're with me. Remember, shock and awe. Hit them hard and never let up. Have no fear, your saviors have arrived!" Obvious stuff, but hopefully in the heat of combat they wouldn't notice that. It wasn't until he got up close that he realized his flimsy armor wouldn't keep him safe for long, that their swords and spear looked mighty sharp, and while he didn't really expect to topple the warg with one blow his attack was still a bit underwhelming. Still, first blood! That was worth something.

I was under the impression we were in the mess tent for a breakfast-ish meal, but looking back at the OP I don't see any specific mention of time so whoops. My intention was to say we would leave in half an hour, not half a day. Hope that makes it more clear.

Move: to J9.
Standard: Energizing Strike on Warg I8.
Energizing Strike vs AC: 1d20+7 25 1d6+4 5 damage.
Grant 4 temp HP to Nadya.

Jericho, if you can use your spirit to tie up the Soldier somehow that would be ideal.

pre:
HP: 30/30 (tHP: -)	[-] Demoralizing Strike		[ ] Virtuous Strike		[X] Battleborn Acuity
Action Point(s): 1					[ ] [ ] Ardent Surge

Melee Basic (Mithril Handaxe): +4 vs. AC, 1d6+1 damage OR as Virtuous Strike (1/encounter)

Qualities

Conditionals
- When bloodied by an attack, I will use Ardent Outrage as No Action; all enemies within 5 grant CA USoMNT.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
(It's around noon right now. The brazier is for heat, because it's fall in the north and thus it's pretty cold outside. It's been maybe 20 minutes since the last battle?)

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013
Keaira

Bullies. Keaira never could abide bullies. Of course they were present at boarding school, picking off anyone who showed weakness, who cried because they missed being at home, who didn't fit into the bully's idea of social structure, or who was simply lesser than them in stature or peerage.

Keaira had made a few friends by turning a verbal bullying into a brawl, leaping in with fingernails and teeth and sturdy boots, covering up any inability to fight with sheer enthusiasm for scratching and biting and kicking and pulling hair. The victim tended to be grateful for that sort of thing, but Keaira didn't do it to make friends. It was just the right thing to do.

There were punishments, of course. A girl of noble stature in a fistfight was something that the administration back at school couldn't tolerate. So there was detention and study hall, and kitchen duty, and latrine duty, and the ever-present birch rod.

It got to the point that Keaira saw the punishment as something of a reward. It meant she'd done something good. No one ever looks forward to a beating, but it made the welts a little less painful to look at them as a badge of honor.

Bullies.

And here Keaira was learning she could fight.

Find the biggest bully and keep him from hurting the others. The punishment is your reward. Locking eyes with the soldier at h4, Keaira issues her Challenge, and strides up to engage him. (Move to I4).

Assuming the Warg doesn't knock her over or anything like that, Keaira will swing at the Soldier, with the usual results.

Minor: Divine Challenge to the Soldier at H4.
Move: to I4, provoking from the Warg
Standard: miss with Enfeebling Strike

(Standard Defender stuff, move up to the biggest guy and pin him down while everyone else handles the mooks.)

pre:
Keaira von Vesnt
Keaira von Vesnt
HP: 28/28	Surges: 8/11:7

Conditionals:

[ ] Second Wind
[ ] Guardian Light
[ ] Lay on Hands
[ ] Glorious Charge

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003
Plowforged
for a
The robot advances on the nearest warg, the mithril sword whirling in his hands like a hurricane. He screams out as he rushes forward "FOR ANNA! FOR FREEDOM! I'm going to paint your green friends red with your blood you hound of hell!" From behind his voice comes the sound of an encroaching storm, the shockwave echoing out past the warg and lashing at his friends with all the rage and hate the robot feels.

move to j4
attack with Howl of fury 1d20+7=13
for a miss

code:
HP: 33/33 (THP:0)        AC:   15()    Passive Insight: 10

Howl of Fury                            [ ] Warforged Resolve         [ ] Bloodhunt Rage
                                        [ ] Second Wind
Conditionals/Resists:

Izzy
Mar 22, 2010

Gibbering in the void
Jericho

"You've done enough, friends," Jericho says to the the injured rebels, stepping forward to get between them and the orcs. "Get behind us. We'll take it from here." To his astonishment, he can still sense the tree's spirit, eager to join the fray. With a word he releases it once more, and it tears through the soil near Llanewar. Thorny vines reach out towards the orc soldier, but they are able to dodge them easily.

Move: to K8.
Minor: Summon Spirit Companion to I10.
Standard: Bramble Ally vs Soldier 2: 1d20+5 6. Miss.
Trigger: Enemy leaves a square adjacent to your spirit without shifting. World Speaker's Command: 1d20+5 7
Miss.

pre:
Jericho 						 
HP: 27/27 (THP: 0)       AC:   12    Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 8/9 (V: 6)       For:  14    Passive Perception: 20
Initiative: +0   	 Ref:  11    Action Points: 1/1

Call Spirit Companion        [ ] [ ] Healing Spirit       [X] Stone Root Spirit
Spirit of the Tempest
Voice of Battle

Spirit Companion

AC: 14

Conditionals/Resists:
  to his spirit companion.

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013
(Wow, we're off to a grand start.)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Nadya

(Step back y'all here is how it's done!)

"LITTLE GIRL?! I'M SEVENTEEN!" Taking a truncheon up in both hands Nadya can barely believe all these things that are so hard to believe! That she survived the riot just to fight again, that there are other rebels toughing it out as well as they are, that the Orcs have sent in some real fighters to annihilate them... or that she has time to be this mad about Llenewar's remark! Everything wells up inside of her and explodes in a soft blue hue of light that rises around her in a silhouette before surging down to the ground and lining out her destined path in a heart beat. She dashes up to J8 and with the second beat she has already crossed to G9 in a Shift, appearing next to Archer 2!

With perfect form and surprise she slams the quality club into the back of the Archer's skull for 15 damage!! The crack can be heard with painful clarity... especially for one! She looks over the Orcs she blurred between and smirks at everybody else.

Move to J8
Begin Angelic Alacrity and Shift 3 to G9
Hit Archer 2 for 15 Damage

pre:
Nadya 						 

[ ] Oath of Enmity        
                        [ ] Abjure Undead
                        OR
                        [ ] Divine Guidance

Conditionals/Resists:

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Kelda

Not again. Kelda didn't even know what was happening. She was going to get someone killed. Or fail to prevent someone from being killed. The others seemed to be so much stronger than her. They had the will to fight in their eyes, and their hearts. All Kelda had was a cat's skull, and she still wasn't sure if that was real, or she was crazy. She edged to the side of the conflict, fearful and uncertain what to do, when a hulking Orc turned it's attention away from the other prisoner's charging froward, toward her, slinking backward. She raised her hand, as though trying to block him from her sight, (or herself from his?) but as she did so, she felt something surge through her. Fear welling up from her heart, coalescing into energy, and arcing from the tips of her outstretched fingers toward the Orc.

Shifting to N4.
Witch Bolt against Brute 1: Int vs Ref 13 = Hit, for Witch Bolt damage: 8 Lightning.

pre:
Kelda 						 
HP: 23/23 (THP: 0)       AC:   13    Passive Insight: 19

Witch Bolt                          [ ] Glorious Presence          [ ] Charm of Forbiddance
Breath of Night                       
Ray of Frost                        

Conditionals/Resists:
goat familiar.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
(Getting lazy with this update because I lost the effort post. :smith:)

Warg AOO on Keaira missed.

Your initial attacks have mixed results, but the group you rescued look pretty relieved. Steeling themselves for combat, they split up and pick out targets.

Rebel 1 rushes down the Warg engaged in combat with Llenewar and hacks him apart with a pair of twin axes, killing the Warg.

Rebel 2 tosses Rebel 1 a vial of some cloudy liquid, which he promptly downs without thought. His wounds knit and he is no longer bloodied. She then moves by Kelda and pitches an improvised explosive into Orc Archer 1 and Orc Soldier 1. The Soldier dodges, but the Archer takes 8 damage.

Rebel 3 moves to attack Brute 2, narrowly missing the Orc Brute with a swing of his blacksmith's hammer.

They end up here:

The orcs move to counterattack. Soldier 1 shifts to flank Keaira and lands a brutal hit with his longsword, and the nearby Warg sinks his fangs into her ankle. Keaira takes 16 damage total and is Grabbed

Brute 1 swings his silver battleaxe straight into Plowforged's back for 8 damage.

Archer 1 shoots Rebel 2 and Kelda with a split shot of incendiary arrows. The arrow hits the Rebel for 9 damage and Kelda for 4 damage. Both take 5 ongoing Fire Damage. (save ends, or until fire is otherwise suppressed) Rebel 2 is looking pretty hurt.

Brute 2 drives his battleaxe into Rebel 3's shoulder for 11 damage, severely wounding him.

Orc Soldier 2 takes a swing at Nadya who expertly dodges the blow. Moving with almost preternatural senses, Nadya raises her weapon just in time to deflect an arrow from Orc Archer 2 as he Shifts away.

This is the final position of everything:

Player turn, go!

(this was actually a lot easier and I think I am going to try to condense combat more. As nice as :effort: looks it takes a lot of time and I'd rather spend that time making up cool loot. I will post updated HP totals and stuff either later or next round but I'm tired right now D:)

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jul 11, 2014

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003
[b]Plowforged whirls around, the sparks arcing between himself and the mithril blade as he chops at the orcish brute behind him. He allows the rage to flow through his circuits as he spins, allowing the raw power of rage to start turning the cranks and gears hidden within his body and drive his sword into his foes.

Bloodhunt Rage attack: 1d20+7=8 Miss!
pretty sure it's half damage on a miss, so (3d8+5)/2=10
+4 damage when I attack if I or my target is bloodied, if that bloodies him then 9 damage to each adjacent enemy

code:
HP: 25/33 (THP:0)        AC:   15()    Passive Insight: 10

Howl of Fury                            [ ] Warforged Resolve       [X] Bloodhunt Rage
                                        [ ] Second Wind
Conditionals/Resists:

Izzy
Mar 22, 2010

Gibbering in the void
Jericho

So many of them are injured already, but he can't give up. With a gesture he sends his spirit toward Nadya, and sweat beats on his brow as he gives his energy to heal her. With her safety now more assured, he rushes the nearest orc, screaming like a madman. The totem in his hands crackles with electricity, and the thunderclap that follows slams into his enemy.

Move: Move to J10, Spirit shift to H10.
Minor: Healing Spirit - Spending a healing surge to heal Nadya for 1d6+5 8
Standard: Spirit of the Tempest on Brute 2: 1d20+5 15 1d8+5 6, giving Rebel 2 a saving throw.

pre:
Jericho 						 
Surges: 6/9 (V: 6)       For:  14    Passive Perception: 20

Call Spirit Companion        [X] [ ] Healing Spirit       [X] Stone Root Spirit
Spirit of the Tempest
Voice of Battle

Spirit Companion

Conditionals/Resists:
  to his spirit companion.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Nadya

Nadya evades, dodges and dances around her target, goading the Archer into a charge with a feigned weakness right before she curses his name and breaks his nose with a 10 Damage Critical Hit!

Shift to G8
Oath of Enmity Archer 2
Overwhelming Critical for 10 Damage!
Shift to F8
Archer 2 moved to G8

pre:
Nadya 						 

[ ] Oath of Enmity        
                        [ ] Abjure Undead
                        OR
                        [ ] Divine Guidance

Conditionals/Resists:

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008
Llenewar

For a moment he thought he would have to make the horrible choice between A: protecting one of the wounded rebels to stay true to his new "charismatic rebel leader" persona or B: not getting ground into paste by a bloodthirsty orc. Thankfully Jericho walked into the thresher meant for him. Sorry, no moral quandary for him today. If the worst happened he could just blame it on Jericho... "you were right there, I thought you had it taken care of, we all did what we could", things like that. Keaira did not look so good, though. He provided some much-needed assistance to her mentally (emotionally? He was really going to have to take a moment to figure these powers out) while his sword arm assisted Nadya in her task. The thought did occur to him that she was eight years his junior and yet seemed way better at this whole "killing people" thing than he was. This was a little concerning, and he resolved to keep a close eye on her in the future. And maybe apologize later for calling her a little girl.

Move: to I8
Minor: Ardent Surge to Keaira, she can spend a surge to recover 12 HP and gets +1 to attack rolls UEoMNT.
Standard: Energizing Strike to Archer 2.
Energizing Strike vs AC: 1d20+7 14 1d6+4 5 damage
Keaira gains 4 temp HP. If the orc swings at Rebel 3, he's dead with or without the temp HP so I'm not going to cry if he bites it. Run away, dude! Run away!

pre:
Action Point(s): 1					[X] [ ] Ardent Surge

Qualities

Conditionals
- When bloodied by an attack, I will use Ardent Outrage as No Action; all enemies within 5 grant CA USoMNT.

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013
Keaira

Keaira swings at the Warg that's grabbed her, but even with Llenewar's encouragement, misses it. Since she's still adjacent to the Soldier, her mark remains on it even though she's busy with something else at the moment.

(Welp, thanks for the healing, sorry I couldn't make better use of it.)

pre:
Keaira von Vesnt
Keaira von Vesnt
HP: 24/28	Surges: 7/11:7

Conditionals:

[ ] Second Wind
[ ] Guardian Light
[ ] Lay on Hands
[ ] Glorious Charge

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Kelda Briar

The energy arcing out of her hand almost distracted her from the fact that a flaming arrow had just narrowly avoided her leg, and was now caught in the hem of her ragged dress, which was beginning to burn!

She tried hard to concentrate, and continue to focus that strange energy flying from her hand at the attackers, and as she did, the crisp wind around her swirled and dissipated the flames as though they were blowing out a candle.

Save vs Being on Fire!: result of 16, so I'm not on fire (do I take the fire damage from the initial attack, or just every round that I fail to stop it?)

Sustaining witch bolt on Brute 1: dealing an additional 9 electricity damage!

pre:
Kelda 						 
HP: 23/19[?] (THP: 0)       AC:   13    Passive Insight: 19

Breath of Night                       
Ray of Frost                        

Conditionals/Resists:
goat familiar.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Split into two, the team quickly tears into their respective sides. Plowforged's attack is parried but still manages to shatter bone, wounding the Brute he is entangled with. With a quick gesture, Kelda finishes him off, the greenskinned beast roaring as he slams into the ground, his Silver Battleaxe glistening in the fire light.

pre:
Silver Battle Axe - Military Weapon
  1d10 damage - +2 weapon proficiency
  Versatile, High Crit

This Battleaxe is made from alchemically treated silver and is free of any tarnish. It is expertly
  crafted. The battleaxe has a head with a single crescent blade that is sharpened to a razor's edge.
  On the left side of the Axehead is an engraving of an Orc surrounded by spirits of inlaid amethyst.
  On the right side of the Axhead is an engraving of an Orc surrounded by corpses. The Orc is lifting
  an Axe into the air. The engravings seem to describe a battle between Orcs and the Undead.

+1d6 Radiant damage vs Undead and Lycanthropes. This damage cannot be regenerated.

Nadya sets up Archer 2 with a brutal swing, and Llenewar finishes him off. With a gutteral moan, he collapses to the ground, dropping his Longbow.

pre:
Stonewood Longbow - Military Weapon
  1d10 damage - +2 weapon proficiency - range 15/30

This Longbow is made from a strange form of petrified wood. The Bow is engraved in a vine pattern. 
  At the end of each vine a gemstone has been set in place. The gemstones are carved in the shape of 
  cave flowers. The cave flowers are blooming.

This weapon can be used as a basic shield, even without proficiency, granting +1 AC and Reflex 

Jericho lands a hit on Brute 2, hitting him hard enough to make him notice, but not hard enough to make him take a knee.

End of Player Actions
Brute 1 is dead
Archer 2 is dead

Rebel 1 stalks around the southern end of the melee, moving into place behind Brute 2. Swinging his pair of axes, he lands one right in the Orc's thick neck, and manages to fumble and drop the other axe in the mud.

Rebel 2 applies a healing balm to Rebel 3, healing him. She then pulls a glass flask out of her satchel and tosses it to H6, the gas inside the bottle exploding in a ball of flame, badly burning Archer 1 and missing the Warg. A cloud of noxious gas fills the area where the bottle landed.

Rebel 3 boldly circles around her opponent, opening himself an attack but batting it away. Driving in, he slams his hammer down on Brute 2's head and squishes it like a blackberry. The Orc tumbles to the ground, dropping his Battleaxe.

pre:
Silver Battle Axe
  1d10 damage - +2 weapon proficiency 
  Versatile, High Crit

This Battleaxe is made from alchemically treated silver. The heavy broad axehead is shaped like a 
  wedge, tapering into a razor-sharp edge. The butt and crest of the axehead bristle with spikes of
  Adamantium. On the left side of the axehead is an inlaid pattern of Adamantium in the shape of a 
  Skull. On the right side of the axehead is an inlaid pattern of ruby in the shape of a hand. These
  symbols appear to be of religious significance.

+1d6 Radiant damage vs Undead and Lycanthropes. This damage cannot be regenerated.

End of Ally Actions
Brute 2 is dead
Caustic Cloud at H6 - 5 ongoing acid if end turn in AOE

Surprised at the extent of your resistance, the Orc Soldiers drive an assault against the party. Soldier 1 distracts Keaira with a feint slashing into in exposed spot and cutting terribly deep. Driving her to her knees, the Orc delivers a followup kick and knocks her to the ground. Warg 1 moves around for a followup strike but fails to sink his teeth in.

Archer 1 moves back out of the cloud, quickly firing a volley of arrows at the proned Keaira and Plowforged. The volley is mostly ineffective, managing to barely scratch the both of them. Taking advantage of the confusion, the Orc fires a followup shot, the flaming arrow sinking into Plowforged's chestpiece and catching fire.

Soldier 2 shifts to engage Nadya, jabbing his spear into her side, greivously wounding her. He tries to trip her with the weapon, but Nadya quickly dodges out of the way.

End of Hostile Actions
Keaira has taken 22 damage and is prone, but should still be concious
Nadya has taken 15 damage
Plowforged has taken 8 damage, +5 ongoing Fire damage (save ends or until extinguished)

Archer 1 is Bloodied

(Combat notes and rolls are here, everyone can go. Picking up and equipping weapon requires you to be in the square or adjacent, but is otherwise a free action, for fun's sake.)

--Edit--

The camp seems to have taken on an odd red haze to it, and it's not from the buildings that are beginning to be lit aflame around you. The sigils on the Orc's heads begin to shine in the light. They face you with grim determination.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jul 14, 2014

Izzy
Mar 22, 2010

Gibbering in the void
Jericho

He throws up an arm as he's spattered with orc blood, just in time to hear Keaira's cry. He spins, gasping as he sees both rebels knocked down, and both he and his spirit rush towards them. Again he feeds the spirit his energy, and it reaches out to the girl, but his energy runs out before he can heal her completely. But it's enough to let her fight on, at least for now.

He tries to ignore the exhaustion nagging at him as he summons the dead again, forcing their hate into the mind of the orc attacking the girl and the golem. He finds this one far more vulnerable, and the orc looks wildly around at visions only he can see, leaving him wide open for an attack.

Move: to K7, Spirit move to J5 (does not provoke AoO).
Minor: Spend healing surge for Healing Spirit: 1d6+5 6 HP to Keaira.
Standard: Haunting Spirits on Soldier 1: 1d20+5 13 damage 1d6+5 6. S1 grants CA to Plowforged until EoNT.

pre:
Jericho 						 
Surges: 5/9 (V: 6)       For:  14    Passive Perception: 20

Spirit of the Tempest
Voice of Battle

Spirit Companion

Conditionals/Resists:
  to his spirit companion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Nadya

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa also that axe is mine when I can reach it without being OoA gibbed

Nadya screams in dire pain and finds her clever, tricky movements have only trapped... herself! With a determined glare she tries to hold it together while holding her side and goes for a bit of tricky swinging, ultimately relying on her usual over-aggressive lunge and surprising fearless advances to swap places with the vicious Soldier. She gives him a welt in the side for 5 Damage as she Shifts to G9, moves him to F8 and then tries to hold her guard as she Shifts to H9. Her confidence begins to collapse as the truncheon trembles in her lone upheld hand.

"H-Help, please..."

Oath of Enmity on Soldier
Hit Overwhelming
O-Shift to G9
Move Soldier to F8
Deal 5 Damage to Him
Move-Shift to H9

pre:
Nadya 						 
HP: 10/27 (THP: )        AC:   15    Passive Insight: 14