Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Hal Incandenza posted:

If there are really 2 scum teams (highly unlikely in a 15 person game, the only people I can see asking this are scum on a really small team) or a SK those things will be readily apparent soon if we keep having multiple kills.

I didn't ask for that reason. Thinking about it, though, Ragnarok is Asgard vs the Ice Giants. In comic terms that's Loki, the Enchantress and Skurge (with a possible side order of Fenrir). One of those is dead, another has claimed and there's no way we don't have Loki as a bad guy. Two teams would therefore almost have to mean five scum, so in retrospect it makes no sense.

I completely agree with you about saying a Town Vig would claim, though. That's just dumb; the only reason to do it is if you're a one-shot Vig and you want to pull attention away from a potentially useful person once you've shot your bolt. If it's a multi-shot Vig then claiming would just get them killed, like you said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sorry this is a day late, but Happy Canada Day Opop, hope you are still recovering from some sort of maple syrup bender :canada:

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Sorry guys work has been kicking my rear end this week, I'll try to catch up tonight.

I won't be offended if you want to replace me opop but I do intend on playing it's just been ridic

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Opopanax posted:

-Some people have fake claims but in the comics alignments get swapped around all the time for asgardians so not everyone does. An evil character may be town, a town character may be evil, and everyone has a fake claim available to them if they want it. Point being, don't make flavour cases.

I feel like I need to quote this.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
##vote Jedit

Flavor cases are loving dumb. Especially so if you read the OP or what Grandi quoted.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

DGK2000 posted:

##vote Jedit

Flavor cases are loving dumb. Especially so if you read the OP or what Grandi quoted.

I didn't read the OP. If people on this forum felt shame often enough to require a shame emoticon, I would be using it right now.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Jedit posted:

I didn't read the OP. If people on this forum felt shame often enough to require a shame emoticon, I would be using it right now.
:goonsay:

:shrek:

:cripes:

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

DGK2000 posted:

##vote Jedit

This is setting of my scumdar majorly. This is a really, really bad vote.

##vote DGK2000

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Grandicap posted:

Me first, him first, whatever. I think that he is the scum. I know I am not the scum.

That's just what a scum would say. :ninja:

:drac:

Would vote DGK for trying to get a vote going on Jedit for being an idiot. Seems way too opportunistic to me. I can see a town person either not reading or forgetting the OP since the blackout and thought they had made a major breakthrough with flavor. Jumping on him and trying to make a vote out of that is scummy.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Dr. Hurt posted:

Would vote DGK for trying to get a vote going on Jedit for being an idiot. Seems way too opportunistic to me. I can see a town person either not reading or forgetting the OP since the blackout and thought they had made a major breakthrough with flavor. Jumping on him and trying to make a vote out of that is scummy.

Then vote him with me.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

DGK2000 posted:

Back from MTG. Ixt was a bad push, do not like ST for the ixt vote. Also very suspicious of Grandicap. It's the 3/5 compromise. Third and fifth votes are scum.

Plus add this...

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

wins32767 posted:

This is setting of my scumdar majorly. This is a really, really bad vote.

##vote DGK2000

K.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
This game really suffered with the forums closing a few days. But I want there to be blood so

let's do this

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Juanito posted:

This game really suffered with the forums closing a few days. But I want there to be blood so

let's do this

Whose blood do we want?

I would support a DGK bloodletting probably, along with wins or grandi.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'll lynch anyone

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'll lynch anyone

Taste is scum.

He is supporting a anyone lynch, when his go to move is a no lynch.

MMM is more scum though so not changing my vote as of now:)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I want blood

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Hal Incandenza posted:

Whose blood do we want?

I would support a DGK bloodletting probably, along with wins or grandi.
Maybe we could check out Grandi's case about MMM maybe being scum. I mean, the odds of 3 unconfirmed masons being town doesn't seem that great. And if he were scum, I don't think he'd try a case like that.

##vote MMM

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Grandicap posted:

Taste is scum.

He is supporting a anyone lynch, when his go to move is a no lynch.

MMM is more scum though so not changing my vote as of now:)
I'd make an exception for this day in this game since really nothing is happening. I'm close to being okay with getting voted myself.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I feel like everyone but me is 3p in this game, no one seems to care who is lynched ever.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Hal Incandenza posted:

I feel like everyone but me is 3p in this game, no one seems to care who is lynched ever.
I think things will get better.. just got to make it through this day

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm pretty ok with getting lynched if it gets discussion going.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Sorry for the lack of posting, I've had a busy Canada day + training at new job, reading up now.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Grandicap posted:

In other news, I think MMM is scum. MMM, capps and I are unconfirmed masons, well were in capps' case. So I think it is likely that MMM is scum based on that now that a town capps flipped.

This is a wilfully bad case, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're just trying to start discussion or something.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Umm... yes very convincing. Someone else was talking about MMM too, I really need to remember what was happening in this game.

ST thought I was being dumb for asking if Wins had any reads. I can't say I really get it.

Jamuraan posted:

I'm here and I, too, don't know what is going on. I want to hear MMMs story before I put my vote anywhere.

Not sure what you need to know aside from Grandi and I are in masonry that included capps and I messaged grandi asking if we should talk at some point to which grandi replied probably.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

MildManeredManikin posted:

This is a wilfully bad case, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're just trying to start discussion or something.

ST thought I was being dumb for asking if Wins had any reads. I can't say I really get it.

Not sure what you need to know aside from Grandi and I are in masonry that included capps and I messaged grandi asking if we should talk at some point to which grandi replied probably.

Did you talk to capps at all? I did not.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Grandicap posted:

Did you talk to capps at all? I did not.

I also didn't.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

My plan was to talk to Capps D2. I figured I could pretty quickly tell if he was scum from there and then I wouldn't have to talk to him anymore.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
What do you think about Grandicap wanting to lynch you? I don't feel comfortable with it until there's more evidence. Otherwise I always want to lynch wins so I'm still down with that.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I do not want to vote MMM. I'm also not sure about voting for grandi, just because his case is so stupid it's hard to attribute to malice. I mean, if MMM is town, what's the scum defense after? "Huh, well I guess it was a three town masonry, whoops! Guess I'm all alone now :downs:"

Y'know actually I'm starting to talk myself into it.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

A part of me wants to believe that grandi said the thing about one person in the masonry being scum because he's scum but like, that's a big stretch and I'm not sure grandi is that kind of dumb. So I'm assuming it's not a serious case unless grandi wants to come in and give so more backing to it.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

On another note, I don't like Juanito arguing that grandi is suspicious for making a case and then voting and then agreeing with grandi, backing up the case and then voting. I'm not sure if that sentence was clear but basically Juan did the thing he didn't like while siding with the dude he didn't like.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote DaGawdKilla2Thousand

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

MildManeredManikin posted:

On another note, I don't like Juanito arguing that grandi is suspicious for making a case and then voting and then agreeing with grandi, backing up the case and then voting. I'm not sure if that sentence was clear but basically Juan did the thing he didn't like while siding with the dude he didn't like.
Yeah, I'm really all over the place. You should probably vote me

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

I'm inclined to believe that 1 of 3 in an unconfirmed masonry is scum, based off of all of the games I've ever played with unconfirmed masonries.

##vote MMM

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Tremendous Taste posted:

##vote DaGawdKilla2Thousand

Also this is pretty close to what DGK stands for.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Juanito posted:

Yeah, I'm really all over the place. You should probably vote me

what is this

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

You guys are the worst masons.

Killing MMM is dumb, especially based on the chance that 1 out of 3 of them is scum. That is super dumb and idiotic. An easy way of actually looking like you are playing the game while making a dumb vote. Shame on y'all.

##vote Don'tGoCrazy2000 cuz I still don't feel any better about his playing (especially after the MMM vote).

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

An awful post in an awful game. Let us all pray for Odin to smite this thread.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Dr. Hurt posted:

##vote Don'tGoCrazy2000 cuz I still don't feel any better about his playing (especially after the MMM vote).

How many people in the mafia community can't get 3 letters right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

DGK2000 posted:

How many people in the mafia community can't get 3 letters right?

I Don't Give a Krap.

• Locked thread