Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sure, why not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I have no idea who my character, but my assumption is that he, I mean I, enjoys quaffing ale.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

MildManeredManikin posted:

Is Jamuraan super new, super old or just super weird?

He is number 1 da best.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Also hey... Let's do some digging and find out answers for ourselves.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hooray, forums work again. Just in time for my massive amount of vacation free time to end. Huzzah!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

What do you think of a comic called "Hal Wins Jam"? Epic tale of a scrappy wallflower who overcomes all odds to become the alpha hippie in an epic drum circle, or just scum?

What did Hal do to win the jam? Could he get preserves if jam was not to his liking?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Jamuraan posted:

This is a horrible reason to vote someone. That number needs to be at least 50% of his games.

Exactly, you're due.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Grandicap posted:

Exactly, you're due.

##vote Jammy

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

wins32767 posted:

Grandi, why are you scum in this game?

Because my role PM had 2 other players in it:(

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

No, I'm pretty sure that is how statistics work.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

DGK2000 posted:

My math is infallibly fallible.

Scum DGK would never admit that he could be wrong. DGK is incontrovertibly town.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

This game feels like the wind has fallen out of its sails. That is a disappointment.
I can scumclaim again if it helps?
I can vote Jammy again if it helps.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Any ideas based on the posting so far?

Sadly, no. wins feels reserved, but I'm not willing to vote him for that. I see nothing odd with hurt. I might have some gut on TT but I'm not at a point where I could explain it.

I think it might be his nolynch vote. Not that he made it because he is well known for being an idiot. But hat the way he made it feels like he is playing to his meta rather than actually believing it it. I think. Yeah, I guess it is enough to make me vote him.

##vote TT

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Friday night? Only the uncool kids.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Girl Meets World premiers tonight, so I have big plans... huuuuge.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

No worries, it'll be over before deadline.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Slightly Toasted posted:

WHAT WHERE

I need me some topanga

Disney Channel. 9:46-10:15. I am expecting disappointment.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Grandicap posted:

Disney Channel. 9:46-10:15. I am expecting disappointment.

I received disappointment.

It was really not good.

Also Topanga is still hot, so not a total loss.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Terrible strategy. But whatever, ##vote Ix

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

TT. Or an actual case rather than "Oh, guess we should pile on someone with a vote" (which was done at a time when 4 or 5 players each had one vote)

The arbitrariness of choosing Ix is suspect to me.

I mean, its like 4 minutes to deadline, but it irks me.

I am irked.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Pinterest Mom posted:

We should probably lynch someone who already has a vote on them.

##vote ix

Like, this is the post that starts the Ix wagon... why Ix? The 2 most recent votes at that point were on Jedit and my vote on TT. It feels arbitrary but not really.

I am suspicious of PM, and either Jedit or TT if PM was trying to protect them.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Also there are 5 people not voting, those people suck.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

And another 4 or people with only a single vote, those people also suck.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Votecount for Day 1

Ixtlilton (6): Jedit, Pinterest Mom, Slightly Toasted, MildManeredManikin, Grandicap, wins32767
Dr. Hurt (1): Juanito
Juanito (1): DGK2000
wins32767 (1): Jamuraan
Jedit (1): mr.capps
Tremendous Taste (0): Grandicap, Grandicap
Jamuraan (0): Grandicap, Grandicap
mr.capps (0): DGK2000, DGK2000
Lynch No One! (0): Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste

Not Voting (5): apostateCourier, Dr. Hurt, Hal Incandenza, Ixtlilton, Tremendous Taste

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 27th, 2014 at 9 p.m. MDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Opopanax posted:

Nobody was sent to Valhalla D1

It is now N1

Open nights?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Opopanax posted:

Am I not the best mod?

Is this rhetorical?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Jedit posted:

I disagree. We got literally nothing out of Day 1, no case on anyone including Ixtlilton. The only thing we have to work with is who voted for him, and that can't be interpreted without the flip. There's no sense I can see in scum bussing Ixt and giving us that information when they could say nothing and let it slide without appearing scummy in the slightest.

This I agree with, though. I mainly raised the possibility of a second scum team for the sake of completeness.

I feel like it would have been different if there had been another candidate at the time, but there was just a huge part of the game who wasn't voting at all. So it is easy to hide in that vast sea of apathy.

In other news, I think MMM is scum. MMM, capps and I are unconfirmed masons, well were in capps' case. So I think it is likely that MMM is scum based on that now that a town capps flipped.

The total of our mason conversation so far was MMM PMing me asking if we should talk at some point and me saying probably. So entirely worthless on all sides.

##vote MMM

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

Is your case entirely that a three-person masonry must have a scum in it?

Yes, quality case, right?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Dr. Hurt posted:

Grandi give me one good reason we should go gung-ho on MMM besides you being in a masonry with him. By your logic there is a chance that you are the scum so I guess we should vote you to test your logic?

Me first, him first, whatever. I think that he is the scum. I know I am not the scum.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Juanito posted:

It's more then the fact that he posted, it's that he posted and voted.

I don't know what this means.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Jamuraan posted:

I'm here and I, too, don't know what is going on. I want to hear MMMs story before I put my vote anywhere.

Grandicap, why did you out your buddy now? In case he kills you next? If he isn't scum, how do you think that would make you look?

There is no story. We've had little contact, but in a 3 man unconfirmed masonry there is probably a non town entity.
If he isn't scum, I fully expect to be voted off next, while that would be a bad thing, because I am town, I don't disagree with the logic of it.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Opopanax posted:

-Some people have fake claims but in the comics alignments get swapped around all the time for asgardians so not everyone does. An evil character may be town, a town character may be evil, and everyone has a fake claim available to them if they want it. Point being, don't make flavour cases.

I feel like I need to quote this.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'll lynch anyone

Taste is scum.

He is supporting a anyone lynch, when his go to move is a no lynch.

MMM is more scum though so not changing my vote as of now:)

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

This is a wilfully bad case, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're just trying to start discussion or something.

ST thought I was being dumb for asking if Wins had any reads. I can't say I really get it.

Not sure what you need to know aside from Grandi and I are in masonry that included capps and I messaged grandi asking if we should talk at some point to which grandi replied probably.

Did you talk to capps at all? I did not.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Everyone knows it's Dogs Go Kill 2000.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hour until deadline and I'm not going to be around at it, so ##vote wins

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

A 15 player game seems unlikely to have multiple killing roles and multiple 3rd parties. I think the most likely scenario is that wins was the SK.
There was no second kill last night.
The only oddity was wins "looking" for the second killer. This could be him just trying to throw people off of his trail. If there had been a second kill last night (if wins hadn't been killed), he would have had been a less than likely candidate.
I'm not sure if that is useful in finding scum, but I wouldn't be wasting any time in looking for another 3p unless something occurs that puts it back on the table.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

##vote aC

It's a hunch

Actually I agree with that,

##vote ac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Also it's kind of silly to assume wins is responsible for the first night's second kill, there could easily be a doc or bulletproof that stopped the kill last night or something

Fewest moving pieces. A town big would have likely claimed, a SK would reveal themselves shortly with another kill.

• Locked thread