Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

http://www.ustream.tv/njpwjp - as usual for big shows, buy on Japanese site to save roughly 5 USD

Some may be underwhelmed by the Nakamura/Fale main and the lack of an IWGP title defense, but Osaka crowds are usually fantastic and this looks to be the best undercard of the year on paper. The IWGP jr title match has the potential to be a strong MOTYC, and Bucks vs. Timesplitters, Ishii/Okada vs. Styles/Yujiro, and Nagata/Honma vs. Goto/Shibata should all be really fun. The NWA match should be a lot better than normal as the K.E.S. are actually pretty good and even the eternal MiSu/YTR feud is at least a little fresher due to Iizuka's turn. As a bonus I think it's a lot tougher to predict a lot of the matches than it usually is for NJPW shows.

If you're the type to buy some but not all big NJPW shows depending on the card I'd strongly recommend watching this one.

quote:

Card

Main event - IWGP Intercontinental Championship Match
Shinsuke Nakamura(c) vs. Bad Luck Fale

IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Match
Bullet Club(c)(Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi and Togi Makabe

CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada and Tomohiro Ishii vs. Bullet Club (AJ Styles and Yujiro Takahashi

Kazushi Sakuraba and Toru Yano vs. Suzuki-gun(Minoru Suzuki and Takashi Iizuka)

IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Match
Kota Ibushi(c) vs. Ricochet

NWA Tag Team Championship Match
Ten-Cozy(c) (Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Satoshi Kojima) vs. K.E.S. (Lance Archer and DBS Jr.)

Yuji Nagata and Tomoaki Honma vs. Hirooki Goto and Katsuyori Shibata

Tetsuya Naito vs. Tama Tonga

IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Match
Young Bucks(c) (Matt and Nick Jackson) vs. TimeSplitters (KUSHIDA and Alex Shelley)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just over 8 hours till showtime, right? I'm looking forward to this just for Ricochet/Ibushi, which should be incredible.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Just over 8 hours till showtime, right? I'm looking forward to this just for Ricochet/Ibushi, which should be incredible.

Yep, it's currently 19:45 here in the eastern US and the show's at 04:00 tomorrow.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I love this whole card. It's really nice to finally have a show without a single Gracie or NWA idiot again.

Besides the obvious highlights I'm really looking forward to the continuation of Nagata & Shibata's beef.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Usually with these shows, I don't mind to sleep in until about 6 so I can catch all the post-intermission stuff, then double back and catch the first half later in the day. But this is one where I really want to watch from the beginning live, so I guess I'm going to have to try to go to bed around 10 and wake up by 4.

Then go back to sleep before the main event.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

:toot: no NWA losers and no Gracies :toot:

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Dunbar posted:

Then go back to sleep before the main event.
I wouldn't be too surprised to see Fale take the IC and make it a midcard belt again.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i yawning already

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Can't wait for ricochet/ibushi

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's beginning

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

It actually worked! I went to sleep early and woke up in time to watch the show. Pretty excited to see some of these matches.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Takashi Iizuka is a son of a bitch :argh:

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
This is the most full I've ever seen BODYMAKER.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So apparently the Bullet Club's thing is to co-opt catchphrases of popular 90s heel factions?

Edit: Haha, these repeated tags into the armbar spot are amazing. :allears:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

I still haven't watched Ricochet vs. Kushida. Am I a bad person?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Jerusalem posted:

So apparently the Bullet Club's thing is to co-opt catchphrases of popular 90s heel factions?

Too sweet.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

This is the most full I've ever seen BODYMAKER.

THey've been selling it out for their big shows lately, hopefully that continues. Crowd sounds hot like usual.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Young Bucks gimmick is basically use other peoples things that got them over without having anything unique about themselves.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Hey now, they've also ripped off the Shield's catchphrase, they're broadening their range.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Thauros posted:

THey've been selling it out for their big shows lately, hopefully that continues. Crowd sounds hot like usual.

They also changed up their entrance stages in Osaka this time so I think they've crammed more folks in there.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Crowd looks and sounds real good in any case, which is nice.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Crowd looks and sounds real good in any case, which is nice.
They really do. I so prefer the atmosphere in a place like this versus running a bigger place and only partially filling it.

I wonder if those stupid 90s catchphrases even connect with Japanese fans? Or does it come across like a random heel mannerism?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This is getting good! :munch:

Edit: REAL good! :suspense:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Jun 21, 2014

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

What a spot! Can't believe that wasn't the finish.

edit: Hell of an opener. If the show only gets better from here, we'll be in great shape.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

YESSSSS!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Good match, would support these two teams feuding forever until the end of time

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

iom realy tired

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
Well that match was great.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Young Bucks can finally go home. Go home young bucks go home.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Holy poo poo that really ruled. Went a little heavy on the false finishes but man it ramped up the excitement pretty incredibly.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Love how the crowds finally behind the Time Splitters. KUSHIDA was getting so over during BOSJ and this crowd loves them some Shelley.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

This should be short. Poor Naito. Hope his knee gets better before the G-1

edit: Ugh that doesn't look good

Dunbar fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Jun 21, 2014

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

nothing about Tama Tonga's gimmicks makes any sense.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

nothing about Tama Tonga's gimmicks makes any sense.

Look, he just really likes Knights of the Old Republic 2, okay? :mad:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

dying at naito mocking the only other thing Tama tonga is good at besides the stinger splash.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

To be fair he's REALLY good at the Stinger Splash.

Edit: Kinda surprised Naito won to be honest.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

He landed right on his knees!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bad night for the Bullet Club so far.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

This should be a really good match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
sorry for fanbooking but I'd love to see reDRagon to come in and become bros with Shibata.

• Locked thread