Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
toooooo sweeeeeet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Yeah I want Yujiro to step up his game sooo bad. Terrible strikes and that godawful buckle ganso bomb in this match.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

What the hell is up with Makabe?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Jerusalem posted:

What the hell is up with Makabe?

He got his jaw broken in the tag match against Goto/Shibata.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Hate to say it but the air has really gone out of this card since intermission.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

He got his jaw broken in the tag match against Goto/Shibata.

Ah, I was unaware of that, and that puts this match into an entirely different context.

Dunbar posted:

First half was definitely superior, which isn't usually the case.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Dunbar posted:

They really should have gone with the SuzukiGun match going before intermission and the Junior Championship getting more time after intermission.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Great, great ending to that match.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Too sweet!

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
Probably Gallows/Andersons best match together.

Need a gif of that perfect Gun Stun.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Haha, who was that adorable middle-aged suburban couple who came into the ring? :3:

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Too Sweet good brothers!

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Biosys posted:

Probably Gallows/Andersons best match together.

Gallows's best match, really. He's been dragging Anderson down but they finally seem to be getting into the groove.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Holy gently caress, Nakamura, what about your spine?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Wasn't expecting him to kick out of the Boma Ye.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

No loving way :shepicide:

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

TOO SWEET TOO SWEET TOO SWEET TOO SWEET

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
bad luck fale is good now guys

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
Did not expect that result, but hat was actually pretty good from Fale.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That match was better than I expected but I really wasn't expecting Bad Luck Fale to win it, and I really can't see him holding the title that has been elevated to near Heavyweight Championship level.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Too sweet.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love this crowd a lot

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
I just figure they had to get the title of of nakamura before the g1 so they can start setting up the Shinsuke/okada dome match

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Ishin posted:

I just figure they had to get the title of of nakamura before the g1 so they can start seeing up the Shinsuke/okada dome match

This is my thinking.

But still: BULLET CLUB HAVE ANGERED THE STRONG STYLE

THE STRONG STYLE WILL NOT TOLERATE THIS DISREPECT

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Bullet Club number 1 stable in the world.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This was a pretty solid show and I liked that closing promo. Kinda bizarre that the best match of the night was the opening tag though, and that the second best was just before the intermission.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

This was a pretty solid show and I liked that closing promo. Kinda bizarre that the best match of the night was the opening tag though, and that the second best was just before the intermission.

That was good although I liked Ibushi/Rico and the two Bullet Club tags more, I just really wish we'd gotten more out of Ibushi/Rico :(

Biosys fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jun 21, 2014

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Bard Maddox posted:

Bullet Club number 1 stable in the world.

It's all fun and games until you forget that SUZUKIGUN ICHIBAN

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Were the last three matches good?

I fell asleep until KA's promo woke me up.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Anderson is a really good mouthpiece.

Thauros posted:

Yep, they were all good if not particularly noteworthy aside from Fale actually winning.

Edit: Curtis Axel! :lol:

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011

Thauros posted:

Yep, both the tags were great and Fale/Shinsuke was prob. Fale's best performance to date.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Thauros posted:

They made up for the Chaos v Suzukigun going on forever but the crowd wasn't as hot as it was earlier.

Chaos v Bullet Club was pretty good except for Yujiro nearly killing Ishii three times.

IWGP Tag Match was Gallow's best match in New Japan and they made the selling with Makabe's jaw work.

IC match was another very good Nakamura/Fale match & Fale's finish is very over. He's a lot more agile than you'd think he is.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I keep waiting for NJ to have a Show of the Year type show but they can't seem to get over the hump. This one started out so hot, too.

I wonder if there will be an IWGP defense on the Kizuna Road iPPV. If not, I think they'd have to wait until the September shows to have it defended, which would be almost 4 months in between title defenses. But I can't think of a good opponent for Styles next month.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011

Dunbar posted:

I keep waiting for NJ to have a Show of the Year type show but they can't seem to get over the hump. This one started out so hot, too.

I wonder if there will be an IWGP defense on the Kizuna Road iPPV. If not, I think they'd have to wait until the September shows to have it defended, which would be almost 4 months in between title defenses. But I can't think of a good opponent for Styles next month.

Naito is probably the only person I can think of to challenge, no one is going to buy into that match at all but at least it'll be really good.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Biosys posted:

toooooo sweeeeeet

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

It's all fun and games until you forget that SUZUKIGUN ICHIBAN

i'm sorry is this that stable that's been embroiled in bad comedy feuds for months and holds zero belts???

too sweet, motherfucker

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Dunbar posted:

Yeah I was kinda disappointed by this one. I was expecting it to be really great but the two matches I was most excited for (Ricochet/Ibushi and Ishii/Okada vs. AJ/Yujiro) ended up being kind of underwhelming. Could they not have given Ibushi/Ricochet a little more time and taken some time away from that Saku/Yano vs Misu/Iizuka match that just wouldn't loving end? I feel like Ishii eating a pin in such a short match to Yujiro's lovely finisher hurt him a bit too.

I'm cool with them putting the IC belt on Fale because I think he's been good lately but if they give Yujiro the Good Match Belt....gently caress!!!

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jun 21, 2014

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Maybe I'm just being dumb but I can't seem to find a way to watch the VOD of this show (which I use to download a copy to my hard drive). It asks me for a ticket number to access it (I'm logged in) where in the past I've just clicked on the VOD link for a show I bought and it has just played automatically.

Edit: Even if I click the "watch the recorded video" link from the e-mail ustream sent me it just goes to an off-air page.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jun 22, 2014

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Maybe I'm just being dumb but I can't seem to find a way to watch the VOD of this show (which I used to download a copy to my hard drive). It asks me for a ticket number to access it (I'm logged in) where in the past I've just clicked on the VOD link for a show I bought and it has just played automatically.

Edit: Even if I click the "watch the recorded video" link from the e-mail ustream sent me it just goes to an off-air page.

ustream sometimes does this for me and to fix it I click on "I already have a ticket" and then refresh the page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Maybe I'm just being dumb but I can't seem to find a way to watch the VOD of this show (which I used to download a copy to my hard drive). It asks me for a ticket number to access it (I'm logged in) where in the past I've just clicked on the VOD link for a show I bought and it has just played automatically.

I don't see a VOD link unlike usual. I assume it'll be up tomorrow.

• Locked thread