Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Verviticus posted:

Jason Botchford @botchford · 18m

Demko likely needs surgery on both hips. There's an imperfection in his hip joint. Becoming rather common for goalies

Kevin Woodley is saying that it's an optional surgery that a lot of goaltenders are getting as a performance enhancer. It widens the butterfly. Obviously a concern, but I don't think it's a huge one.

quote:

Kevin Woodley @KevinisInGoal
I get reluctance to pick G early but not if teams drop Demko b/c of report may need hip surgeries; Widens bfly, makes us better in long run
Quote:
Kevin Woodley @KevinisInGoal
Hips now a boutique surgery for goalies, like lube job for joint not intended to move that way. Hear of kids having as performance enhancer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
lol the Englund defenseman the sens drafted has his comparison as Douglas Murray

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

The Dirty Burger posted:

lol the Englund defenseman the sens drafted has his comparison as Douglas Murray
look up his eliteprospects profile if your favourite number is 0 and it comforts you to see it

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
nice the rangers drafted someone named Richard Nejezchleb

i'd get that on a jersey that sounds like a loving demon

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

look up his eliteprospects profile if your favourite number is 0 and it comforts you to see it

Pierre Dorion just said he was the guy they were trying to get into the 1st round to draft hahahaha

whatever you say bud

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Oilers
3: Leon Draisaitl
91: D William Lagesson
111: G Zachary Nagelvoort
130: F Liam Coughlin

im not going to be able to spell any of those without looking it up

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
the rangers just drafted a 20 year old who just played his first year of major junior this season after previously playing in the lovely canadian high school/college system

i still think the first round of this draft had a lot of talent in it but yeah it's not very deep past that lol

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Jaedon Descheneau
Dakota Joshua
Clinston Franklin
Dysin Mayo

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

Jaedon Descheneau
Dakota Joshua
Clinston Franklin
Dysin Mayo

dysin mayo owns

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Blues grabbed some 19 year old midget from the Dub who apparently scores a poo poo ton (Descheneau). Hoping he can outplay his size and contribute at some point in his career.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

fits posted:

dysin mayo owns

Yeah he didn't play a ton with the Oil Kings but still put up a bunch of points and at 6'0 180lbs he's not huge, but hardly tiny. No idea why he fell like he did.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
nice the rangers drafted a pure offensive D, about loving time

they're more or less following the strategy i said they should which is draft a couple goalies and a bunch of D

i still think keegan iverson is a lovely pick though

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Oh good a 6'4" 190lb centre who had 10 points in 53 games with the Otters last year. gently caress you Benning.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
someone take a flyer on edgars kulda, thanks

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

fits posted:

someone take a flyer on edgars kulda, thanks

i'd be plenty happy if one of the teams i like were to do that

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

quote:

It appears #mnwild went a bit off the board with that Sjalin pick. Not even in http://nhl.com database, it appears.

lmao

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The Flyers have drafted a Russian

woah

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
there are some funny names in this draft but Hayden Hawkey has to be the best so far

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

kulda is still available :sigh:

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
I've been out doing yard work, did the Caps really trade up in the second round to grab a mediocrely rated goalie? That makes like no loving sense at all.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
even if you're not overly impressed with him it makes no sense not to take kulda here in the 7th goddamn round. do teams really think they'll get better than that here?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

MaoistBanker posted:

LOL, Brendan Lemieux is obviously pissed about going in the 2nd round. Hope he plays like his Dad. (Mostly)

I know Im late to the party but since I live here and go to quite a few Colts games I feel qualified enough to say that he is literally a carbon copy of his dad, only not as good at the hockey. Him melting down because he wasnt picked in the first round is hilarious and I hope Buffalo takes him away forever.

I dont know anything about any of Chicago's picks. Should I be worried?

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
kulda to the desert :/

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Furnaceface posted:

I dont know anything about any of Chicago's picks. Should I be worried?

Schmaltz' hockey idol is Patrick Kane, and none of the other picks really have any info in the database so we'll have to wait a few years to see if we found a Saad or Smith.

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!

Mr. Kite posted:

So how many sons of NHLers does that make?

Nylander
Kapanen
Lemiuex
Macinnis
Turgeon

There was that Reinhart kid too.

Also Daniel Audette.

TeamJesus fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jun 28, 2014

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
lol the islanders just picked lukas sutter, who is horrible and the jets already picked once. somehow he's gotten worse since then.

whatever, 7th round

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
Calgary took the only Victoria Royal in this draft (Austin Carroll at 184th). I'm surprised Joe Hicketts didn't go. He's small but really really good.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

a false posted:

lol the islanders just picked lukas sutter, who is horrible and the jets already picked once. somehow he's gotten worse since then.

whatever, 7th round

Hahaha he's terrible. He had half a ppg during his overage junior season. He'll have a hard time making an AHL team .

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

A Typical Goon posted:

Hahaha he's terrible. He had half a ppg during his overage junior season. He'll have a hard time making an AHL team .

his dropoff from his draft year to his draft+1 year is a sight to behold. But He's A Sutter

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

goldrush posted:

Calgary took the only Victoria Royal in this draft (Austin Carroll at 184th). I'm surprised Joe Hicketts didn't go. He's small but really really good.

Surprised me a bit too but considering his size, the fact he only played half the season, and how bad he was in the playoffs, it's somewhat understandable. He'll probably put a good year together next year and get drafted then.

a very nice paella
Oct 12, 2012

Kapitalism
It was a pretty good draft for us with 5 players going from Skellefteå AIK.

38. Marcus Pettersson (ANA)
112. Viktor Arvidsson (NSH)
144. Anton Lindholm (COL)
148. Andreas Söderberg (CHI)
196. Axel Holmström (DET)

I'm surprised Sebastian Aho didn't go though, he missed half of the WJC-18 because he was in the SHL playoffs but he did very well once he arrived.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

fits posted:

Oilers
3: Leon Draisaitl
91: D William Lagesson
111: G Zachary Nagelvoort
130: F Liam Coughlin

im not going to be able to spell any of those without looking it up

Nagelvoort is the current starting goalie for the University of Michigan and was pretty drat impressive as a true freshman last year. He wasn't supposed to play much and ended up stealing the job from a much higher touted Steve Racine. I'm glad a NHL club took a chance on him.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Unless there's something secretly wrong with him that hasn't gone public, Spencer Watson at the end of the 7th round is a crazy steal. Also, congratulations to the LA Kings for taking 66% of the Frontenacs taken in this draft.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

If people come across not lovely draft analyses, would they mind posting them either here or in the off-season thread?

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
back from my stupid probation, just dropping in to say fire Nonis, Carlyle. peace

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Paulocaust posted:

back from my stupid probation, just dropping in to say fire Nonis, Carlyle. peace

Looking like you wanna add Shanahan to that unless this really is just an elaborate tank job on his part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!

Hand Knit posted:

Unless there's something secretly wrong with him that hasn't gone public, Spencer Watson at the end of the 7th round is a crazy steal. Also, congratulations to the LA Kings for taking 66% of the Frontenacs taken in this draft.

It appears to be a draft strategy for LA to pick players who were slotted to go much earlier but fell for whatever reason in the 7th. Why not I guess?

They picked up Spencer Watson and Jacob Middleton in the 7th this year, both had 1st round considerations at some point in time, and they did the same with Nick Ebert in 2012.

• Locked thread