Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Proteus4994 posted:

same except my penis

so what's your excuse for every other day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

there has to be evil for there to be good

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
ctrl+c in Windows Photo Viewer copies the FILE, not the image

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

ctrl+c in Windows Photo Viewer copies the FILE, not the image

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
office group requested that it work that way

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

windows photo viewer is one of the most singularly confusing and bad things in the history of software

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
it views photos. whats not to get?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

and faxes

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Shaggar posted:

it views photos. whats not to get?

in windows 7 sometimes you have to make adjustments or everything's yellow tinted

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
that sounds like something is wrong w/ ur monitor.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
preview.app >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> windows photo viewer

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
quickview supremacy

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

remember in 2001 when windows photo preview thingy could actually animate gifs?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Metrication posted:

quickview supremacy

irfanview

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Last Chance posted:

:(

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Sniep posted:

irfanview>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>preview.app >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> windows photo viewer

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

well we know for sure the world doesnt want lunix
Android?

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

and not animated gifs

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
does anybody remember acdsee?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

prefect posted:

yep

e: remember when bagel/nimda hit and acdsee could do that poo poo over the network, welp

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Last Chance posted:

lmao too bad that lead to a security vulnerability so it got removed

gifs . the virus came from the gifs

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

prefect posted:

i do

hadn't thought about it in a while

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
irfanview though, is old but also kept updated and the best solution if you are on winders

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

homo punching bag posted:

lmao too bad that lead to a security vulnerability so it got removed

gifs . the virus came from the gifs

what

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Some picture formats could, if opened with the right program (like, I don't know, explorer.exe), execute arbitrary code. There was a major virus that went around the web a while ago using a long-dead picture standard that could execute coad/load remote sites when it loaded. Lowtax even had to permaban a dude who had the virus in his sig via a 1x1 transparent picture

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

thankfully microsoft software is much more secure now

Vulnerabilities in Kernel-Mode Drivers Could Allow Elevation of Privilege (2984615)
Published: August 12, 2014

An elevation of privilege vulnerability exists in the way that the affected component handles objects from specially crafted font files. An attacker who successfully exploited this vulnerability could execute arbitrary code with elevated privileges.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

thankfully microsoft software is much more secure now

Vulnerabilities in Kernel-Mode Drivers Could Allow Elevation of Privilege (2984615)
Published: August 12, 2014

An elevation of privilege vulnerability exists in the way that the affected component handles objects from specially crafted font files. An attacker who successfully exploited this vulnerability could execute arbitrary code with elevated privileges.

-formats c drive-

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

why is there a qr code on it

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Shaggar posted:

that sounds like something is wrong w/ ur monitor.

Nah, yellow tint in Windows Photo Viewer is a well known issue with Windows color management.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
can windows 8 finally display pdfs natively

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Metrication posted:

can windows 8 finally display pdfs natively

Yes if you count having to use the world's worst PDF reader (some lovely Metro app)

Fame Douglas fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Aug 13, 2014

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

univbee posted:

Some picture formats could, if opened with the right program (like, I don't know, explorer.exe), execute arbitrary code. There was a major virus that went around the web a while ago using a long-dead picture standard that could execute coad/load remote sites when it loaded. Lowtax even had to permaban a dude who had the virus in his sig via a 1x1 transparent picture
they fixed it, here's the xbone displaying a gif at ~320p butter smooth

https://vine.co/v/MYv1bw6gJur

still hosed in windows but nobody uses that thing right?

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

office-watch.con posted:

Last week Office-Watch.com told you about how Word 2013 document details are saved without disclosure in the Windows Registry. Many readers asked how the feature can be turned off.
A reasonable request in the circumstances but not according to Microsoft. Despite the privacy implications there’s no direct way to turn off ‘Welcome Back’.

The ‘Welcome Back’ feature in Word 2013 appears to have received little thought during development. It appears that Microsoft dropped in the feature because it looks great in demonstrations and was obvious to customers who didn’t know about the similar Shift + F5 trick.

why yes, I do want the cursor right where I left it when I closed word. revision is not authentically digital

https://www.office-watch.com/t/n.aspx?a=2030

The Killing Jelq fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Aug 13, 2014

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
I like the fact that if you try to use the "Remove Properties and Personal Information" feature on the details tab when viewing the properties on an image (in Win 7) it'll fail if an image has GPS information. You know, the thing you probably want to remove most.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...3b-677fa30a0140

Don't worry though. Microsoft finally fixed it (:ssh:in Windows 8.1)

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

The Killing Jelq posted:

why yes, I do want the cursor right where I left it when I closed word. revision is not authentically digital

https://www.office-watch.com/t/n.aspx?a=2030

that's nothing. one of the older versions of office sometimes needed to pad the files with garbage data for some stupid reason, so it just took whatever it found in RAM at the time and wrote it into the document file. naturally this was way before any kind of sandboxing so it was blindly logging pieces of other programs' working memory, without any kind of clue to the user, and saving those contents in exactly the type of file you are likely to disseminate to a bunch of other people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

that's nothing. one of the older versions of office sometimes needed to pad the files with garbage data for some stupid reason, so it just took whatever it found in RAM at the time and wrote it into the document file. naturally this was way before any kind of sandboxing so it was blindly logging pieces of other programs' working memory, without any kind of clue to the user, and saving those contents in exactly the type of file you are likely to disseminate to a bunch of other people

:nsa:

• Locked thread