Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

its the new microsoft thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

theadder posted:

postin in a bloody thread

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

tmesis posted:

bing is still giving me $5 amazon gift cards so microsoft is doing alright by me

he said, jewishly

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

if u tourn youre computer off how do you maintain a good ratio???

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

what an astonishingly stupid decision this would be

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

they came so close to doing a good job with the surface branding and it at least lives on an island where surface build quality == good and they really want to throw all of that away to confuse people with poo poo garbage nokia products? gently caress you microsoft i aint buying a fuckin lumia id sooner buy a thinkpadtab or w/e

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

looking forward to the surface lumia 360

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

homo punching bag posted:

Would be cool to own a Microsoft Rift that isn't anything VR related but is in fact a new accessory for xbone. Kinect is to be renamed Hulu. Hulu is now SurfaceVideo Pro

this but hulu is instead canned and xbox video is renamed surfacevideo 365

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

billg isnt even dead can we get him back somehow

how long must the ghost of ballmer haunt us

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

install spotify

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i do like that spotify is effectively zune marketplace|realplayers music store|all those other rent-your-music-library companies/systems but like 5 years later and wildly successful because of it

hell its even worse than those services because you cant load the music onto any offline device!

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

spankmeister posted:

you can though, if you have premium

wait i have premium can i somehow put these tracks on my rockboxed some old mp3 player

(this is strictly a point of curiosity, not an actual desire)

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

prefect posted:

french people eat horses, so they might be okay with cats for dessert :shrug:

fwiw ive heard horse steaks are tastier + better for you than beef also it is possible to get an fda-approved horse slaughterhouse in the us not that there are any

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

bidding for 127.0.0.1 starts at one million dollars in unmarked non-sequential bitcoins

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

adirondack park has dismal coverage and is just a few hours from the east coast megalopolis

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

sounds like whjere you wwork is a real hoot n holler

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

microsoft is firing 18 thousand people

lol

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

the gently caress PMing are you doing with visio

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

what qualifies as really really above average

like i think im good at c# but i dont have much to compare to

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

echinopsis posted:

gently caress who types that fast thtas awedosm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmjt5uCwSBY

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i played with a surface pro 3 today at micro center

the pen appeared to be relatively broken

onenote was utterly inscrutable

i think im getting old

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

this ones older but then that fucklord cremnob made some piece of poo poo andf then a bunch of yospos white noise lemming chucklefucks posted in it now theres two

his can be the rt version

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

pressin these on win 7

nothings happening

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

You know snipping tool us a thing right

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Sniep posted:

what is your OS doing that it requires 3rd party tooks to just do a ⌘⇧+3 or 4 based on if you are doing a whole screen or just a window? why is just doing that and having the png file dropped on your desktop not good enough?

yeah clover up-arrow 3 sounds great

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

neat, win-shift-n opens the nth pinned program

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

specifically, a new instance of. win-n switches to or opens if none are open

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

ctrl-winkey-space inserts a space

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

remember hot dog stand

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

MrMoo posted:

Because Apple is so consistent ...

so if you press shift its enter but if you hit it normally its return???? what the gently caress is even the difference? lmao thanks stebe you idiot fucker

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

syscall girl posted:

okay ima bout to get doxxed but I dated a girl whose current bf is named exactly that

and when I gave her a link to the malatora thread she confessed to dating goons in her past

Doxx in five... Four... Three...

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Siljmonster posted:

dear microsoft please let me have multiple instances of excel open at a time. I hate working in one space

thanks

a bideo james developer

you can already do this in a variety of ways:

launch excel again. now you have two instances
use the builtin window management. now you have multiple workbooks in one instance
do both of these. now you have poo poo inside poo poo

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

if u cant figure out how to do that you probalby shouldnt be using excel, the world's Most Dangerous Programming Language

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RMQksXpQSk katy perry's latest music video features some neat microsoft products. see if you can spot them all!

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

just lmao if you do not get down to timber, dark horse, and turn down for what

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

echinopsis posted:

:snugmrgw:

lmao @ your posting smdh

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

id sooner buy a winphone than an anroid at this point i think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

that's nothing. one of the older versions of office sometimes needed to pad the files with garbage data for some stupid reason, so it just took whatever it found in RAM at the time and wrote it into the document file. naturally this was way before any kind of sandboxing so it was blindly logging pieces of other programs' working memory, without any kind of clue to the user, and saving those contents in exactly the type of file you are likely to disseminate to a bunch of other people

:nsa:

• Locked thread