Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Mr Dog posted:

Still waiting for widespread IPv6 :(

lol if u aren't full dual stack

~/$ ifconfig en2
en2: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
options=10b<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_HWTAGGING,AV>
ether 40:6c:8f:35:6b:38
inet6 fe80::426c:8fff:fe35:6b38%en2 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x8
inet6 2001:1900:2018:13a:426c:8fff:fe35:6b38 prefixlen 64 autoconf
inet6 2001:1900:2018:13a:186b:d0a5:3bfc:99c5 prefixlen 64 autoconf temporary
inet 10.1.40.219 netmask 0xfffffe00 broadcast 10.1.41.255
nd6 options=1<PERFORMNUD>
media: autoselect (100baseTX <full-duplex,flow-control>)
~/$

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

cute little NAT boundary you got there, but seriously. don't do it again

yeah that's from inside the LAN here i can pull an external IP tho if i want (i happen to have routes to one on a different interface)

~/$ ifconfig en0
en0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
ether 10:40:f3:89:27:54
inet6 fe80::1240:f3ff:fe89:2754%en0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x4
inet 8.30.130.97 netmask 0xfffff000 broadcast 8.30.143.255
nd6 options=1<PERFORMNUD>
media: autoselect
~/$

so thanks for not judging me by my networks

All IPs Are Beautiful*

*except 169.254.0.0/16 addresses

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Millstone posted:

lol nice scrub tier 100Mb ethernet connect ion oy you got there

ya you get one guess where that limitation is

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
hint: it's the 10/100 switch.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

anthonypants posted:

i would have guessed the ethernet dongle is actually usb

the ethernet dongle is thunderbolt and gigabit

notice how its only half the width of a USB plug, and a little thicker

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
I.B.S.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Cirrhosis Johnson posted:

The Microsoft stores kiosks weren't all closed, surprisingly.

the mall by my work had a msft store for like what seemed to be a week then it downsized into a kiosk and now an even tinier kiosk

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

pram posted:

the gimp

lmaooooo

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Careful Drums posted:

thanks i'll keep that in mind. i duno if i can travel all the time though i have a family

ontopic:

man i wish apple had a tweeter to announce when apps get developed for iOS oh wait that's the first platform anything is ever developed for

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

the gently caress is an antivirus for on a telephone?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
what is ei.cfg

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Michael Jackson posted:

delete it from windows iso and you can choose what edition to install from a windows 7 ultimate dvd. A single dvd for multiple edition and upgrades. My life have been a lie.

its almost like you lease a mainframe from IBM and it comes with more CPUs and RAMs inside it than what you can use but it can just be unlocked with 1s and 0s if you pay up $$ so corrupt!!

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
windows store

now that's a think i sure have never used and have no intentions on ever using right there

unironically super happy that ive never not once had an inkling to go and visit a windows store

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Werthog 95 posted:

no no, you're thinking of the microsoft store. the windows store is the microsoft app store

whatever it is i dont want any of it!

"you can tell it's bad, sucks and is for idiots by looking for the Windows brand" -What microsoft's slogan should be

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Wheany posted:

they could have made it good, like they could have actual windows "desktop" apps there, not metro apps. have some requirements about the install package and enable auto-updating desktop apps. people could still go to whatever random site people use to download their software, but they could have an option of just going to the app store and type the name of the app, click and have it install.

instead they have links to the vendors web sites for some selection of desktop software.

so what you are saying is that they failed at emulating the

real thing?

color me surprised.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Proteus4994 posted:

i don't even pay attention to yospos.xlsx but i thought everyone knew sniep's name was james. not exactly the biggest secret in the pos

the best part about this even is that it's not even true save for a nickname.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
100% honest, "james" exists 0 times anywhere in my actual name.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
microsoft should put their lil weewees into an ant hill

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

duTrieux. posted:

sometimes it's good to have multiple thrads on the same topic

it keeps the conversations separate so each can evolve into their own individual constructive discourse without interrupting each other!

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

qirex posted:

a literal bargain bin of surface 2RTs

that is sooooooo cute how they put on the little alarm tether things on the boxes as if they were a theft target

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
what is your OS doing that it requires 3rd party tooks to just do a ⌘⇧+3 or 4 based on if you are doing a whole screen or just a window? why is just doing that and having the png file dropped on your desktop not good enough?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

echinopsis posted:

that is a handy built in tool but what about when you just want a little bit and not a whole window

then you just drag the box you want... command shift 4 and then drag a box over what you want

if you want just a single window, press space then click on the window

i mean i know it's not like "PrtScr" having a button on the keyboard itself, here on macs, but despite the weird key combo at first (which if you actually do it, it's a really easy key combo to do), despite it being weird, it's 10x as functional as the windows one WHEN THEY GET A DEDICATED KEY FOR IT EVEN

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Cocoa Crispies posted:

what's the key combo for that symbol

if you can't think of what it might be (or if it doesnt have one) just pull up the special characters thing with ⌃⌘+Space

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

computer parts posted:

for emoji specifically you can also do CTRL+⌘+Space

😱

hey

hey there

umm

⌃ is the symbol for control

you just replied with the same command i gave

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
hm weird mine opens the whole panel. when you're inserting text and click the edit menu, what does it show the shortcut is for "Special Characters" ?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

whats the proper shape of the enter key? :can:

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
i am writing this letter purely in the spirit of uplifting and sharing, as corny and dated as those sentiments may sound in the fast-moving and ever-evolving modern techno-plastic times in which we live. primarily, i want to share with you my view that buy a mac

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
does she... ever just call you.. on your phone.. just to talk? just to say hi? just to say she loves you?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
OH GORDANA I LOVE YOU TOO

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
how about "is it going to rain today" or "timer, 14 minutes" or "add sour cream to my shopping list" ?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

univbee posted:

they wouldn't have booted; launch bones require the kinect to be plugged in or they won't update at all; you have to install a firmware update before you're allowed to have the kinect unplugged at all

they must have patched that fast cuz we got our xbone here at work pretty well right after they came out and never, ever have plugged the connect into it.

i know, because i am the one that set it up from the box and got it on gold and poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
preview.app >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> windows photo viewer

• Locked thread