Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I meant the eyes. Puppies at this stage look and sound like they have the hangover to end all hangovers to me. I can just hear them wailing "Never ag*urp* again!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

Yeah, I meant the eyes. Puppies at this stage look and sound like they have the hangover to end all hangovers to me. I can just hear them wailing "Never ag*urp* again!"

They're relatively quiet! Firecracker starts moaning when she cant find mom/ her nipples, Independence i think wrapped herself in a fleece blanky once and was way over heated and panting so she was yelping, I bathed her in cold water and she was fine, and Rocket and Liberty can also be loudmouths when they're hungry. They're now all roughly double their birth weight today. I will hold off on more pics unless yall really want em til their eyes open etc.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

pizzadog posted:

They're relatively quiet! Firecracker starts moaning when she cant find mom/ her nipples, Independence i think wrapped herself in a fleece blanky once and was way over heated and panting so she was yelping, I bathed her in cold water and she was fine, and Rocket and Liberty can also be loudmouths when they're hungry. They're now all roughly double their birth weight today. I will hold off on more pics unless yall really want em til their eyes open etc.

MOOOORRREEE

If you want to post them. There is no such thing as too many adorable puppy pictures.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

This thread is fantastic. I love all these new baby pups!

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

10 days old!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArR82yxGcc0

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Waving to the camera :kimchi:

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

How's mama?

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DQ57tHS6c8

also pretty lady liberty

pizzadog fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jul 15, 2014

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They are not ten days old!

Are they really ten days old?

drat, doesn't seem like they're ten days old.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

pizzadog posted:

also pretty lady liberty

um i'm sorry to inform you but it's illegal to have toeses and noses be that pink. You're going to have to send me this puppy or else the cops are gonna get you. just looking out for your well being man

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Oh noes you'll have to take them allll....

Not sure if you can see on this pic but there's a red/purple hickey on Sparkler's abdomen near her thigh, from one of her fat hungry brothers trying to find a teat on her belly! Indy has a hickey on her too. Piggy dogs!! Your sister is not a boob!

Their breath is smelling distinctly more puppy musky since yesterday, less baby-like, eeeee.
I'm hoping their eyes open soon, they're 12 days old

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
They are so drat adorable it's painful. My dog would love a puppy but my shoes would not. I shall live vicariously through you :D

I wonder who dad was and what they'll end up being shaped like when they're bigger. Mom-dog is very cute, hope the puppies take after her!

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

It may be a no-brainer, but I would use this time to get them used to handling. I'm looking at those little needle claws and flinching. The best thing my breeder did was get my dog used to having her nails trimmed before she left her house. They're probably too young to actually cut anything.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

What a good girl. :3:

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

a life less posted:

It may be a no-brainer, but I would use this time to get them used to handling. I'm looking at those little needle claws and flinching. The best thing my breeder did was get my dog used to having her nails trimmed before she left her house. They're probably too young to actually cut anything.

I don't worry I'm often handling the poo poo out of the puppies as much as Ginnie lets me before she comes over and makes them pee on me. I'll probably try to get them used to the nail dremel buffer soon.

This just in , eyes are starting to open!
(12* days old)
I can count.

Rocket

Star

I also got a 3 foot tall midwest pen thing for them and attached it to ginnie's crate so she's got like a master condo branching off of the puppy pen it's pretty sweet I can also let her out of hte 2nd side door of the crate and the puppies probably won't figure out there's a door there for a month.

pizzadog fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jul 17, 2014

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me
Something the breeder we were going to for our puppy does is a circular massage from the time they're teeny tiny like this and onwards. Basically she flips them on her back in her lap and gentle rubs the ears and feet in a circular pattern, and handles their gums and whatnot since Shiba's are notoriously buttheads when it comes to stuff like getting their nails trimmed. All of her puppies end up being super good about being handled and having their feet hosed with. Worth giving a shot. She says at first they throw a fit but after a few days of doing it to each puppy for about 5 minutes each they chill way the gently caress out about it.

Cat Plant
Feb 11, 2007

There used to be green cats but they turned into plants because they slept too much.

Psychobabble! posted:

Something the breeder we were going to for our puppy does is a circular massage from the time they're teeny tiny like this and onwards. Basically she flips them on her back in her lap and gentle rubs the ears and feet in a circular pattern, and handles their gums and whatnot since Shiba's are notoriously buttheads when it comes to stuff like getting their nails trimmed. All of her puppies end up being super good about being handled and having their feet hosed with. Worth giving a shot. She says at first they throw a fit but after a few days of doing it to each puppy for about 5 minutes each they chill way the gently caress out about it.

I did this with my cat when she was 3 months old; quite by accident because I was 7 years old. I would sit with her and lie her on my lap and pet her all over.

She's ridiculously docile and the vets love her.

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

The rest are peepin' today, either in the process of opening starting to squint from the inside out or fully open. Indy has one eye open, Rocket has both

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They've gone from hungover to gripped by enui.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Psychobabble! posted:

Honestly I'd never considered trying this with any past dogs my family had...most that we got were raised from puppies (with the exception of our Rottie we got when she was 3 years old) and this would've been great to know back then. Little wiener dogs are notoriously wiggly when you try to trim their nails.

Also loving more puppeh toes, bellies and noses :3:

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

pizzadog posted:

The rest are peepin' today, either in the process of opening starting to squint from the inside out or fully open. Indy has one eye open, Rocket has both

That's weird, your video link doesn't work.

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Fiiine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5njR17UVEk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz0V8mmg1xA
Here's a long vid enjoy me probably baby talking to them

Liberty was the last to open her eyes today - got a black eye already! :3:

momma Ginnie enjoying a break from the puppies in the breeze

pizzadog fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jul 19, 2014

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

That's what I thought :colbert:

And also OH MAN LOOKIT THEM FUCKIN PUPPIES! Peepin and whining and holy poo poo those little potatoes are cute as hell

buffybot
Nov 7, 2002

They are so precious. I think Indy is my favorite. He looks like a troublemaker. I just want to smush them to my face. :3:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I love puppies. :3:

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Oh my what do we have here under this pillow!!

Ginnie loves this disgusting pillow. I brought it in for myself to sleep with overnight when she was in prelabor and she stole it off a chair when i left the room, and she kept stealing it and getting it grosser during labor, and then hiding the puppies under it, so i was like you know what you keep that pillow it is not recoverable.

The puppies got to meet a lot of new ppl on Saturday night, not sure they had any idea what was goin on but boy they are loved, and they put up pretty good with being held unless they're super hungry. I think 3-4 of them are 'spoken for' already after they're old enough to go.

As of this morning they sorta look up at the door when I come in or look for the mom when she goes out to pee etc., so that's new! I really wonder how much they can actually see/comprehend.

Good morning

dinner time

Also I'm thinking they may just be the quietest puppies ever. The only one that makes noises is Firecracker, who I posted the clip of, and that's about the extent of her whining when she is hungry looking for mom. The mom herself is really quiet too, I didn't ever hear what her bark sounded like until she had the pups and my other foster dog caused her to become protective. Silent doges!

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Independence has discovered her back legs:

Puppies have discovered chewing on each other's faces:

(That is Liberty and Rocket)

And here is Indy being tickled

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

pizzadog posted:

Puppies have discovered chewing on each other's faces:

Oh goooooooood look at that faaaaaaaaaaace

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

pizzadog posted:

Independence has discovered her back legs:

Little stumpies. :3

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Their lil back flippers are kickin now, and someone needed a bath when I got home today!

(I'm pretty sure she's my favorite, I know I shouldn't pick favorites but look at her lil eyes!)
Gonna give em a separate bed and potty area full of newspapers tonight

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

pizzadog posted:

Their lil back flippers are kickin now, and someone needed a bath when I got home today!

(I'm pretty sure she's my favorite, I know I shouldn't pick favorites but look at her lil eyes!)

They're so fat and cute and :3: You and Ginnie seem to be doing a great job!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
More pics of the brown one please.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Eifert Posting posted:

More pics of the brown one please.

Fixed that for you.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

pizzadog posted:

Her nose comes with boop spots :3: I think she's my favorite too - that's Liberty right?

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Women's Rights? posted:

Her nose comes with boop spots :3: I think she's my favorite too - that's Liberty right?

Yes. The boop spots are spreading too!

Mom enjoying a toy in freedom while I sit in puppy pile

Liberty chewing her arm

sssshhh

It's tough getting a good face pic of Sparkler, she mostly just burrows her face into things and nuzzles to sleep constantly and she falls asleep really quickly when you hold her

zzzzz

fat pink paws!

I rubbed Indy's belly when she was rolling around whining and she started TINY GROWLING !

pizzadog fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jul 24, 2014

Cat Plant
Feb 11, 2007

There used to be green cats but they turned into plants because they slept too much.

pizzadog posted:

I rubbed Indy's belly when she was rolling around whining and she started TINY GROWLING !

You get your rear end back in there and capture that on video!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sparkler is deflating. :allears:

Panzer Attack
Mar 9, 2013

girl, take it easy
Oh man their heads are so round, reminds me of my boy when I was getting photos from the breeder even though he's a tiny toy breed argh so cute! Ginnie is the most beautiful dog, and good on you for taking such wonderful care of them all!

buffybot
Nov 7, 2002

Cat Plant posted:

You get your rear end back in there and capture that on video!

This is something that needs to happen.

This the best thread to go through after a lovely day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sre9WWTf6Us

• Locked thread