Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
ZMR is in closed beta again for an indeterminate period of time.

ZMR is basically like a PC version of Deadtrigger. It is a multiplayer TPS, The objective is to kill as many zombies as possible in different modes. There are modes like in Killing Floor where you can kill things for points to open up new areas of the map and buy weapons (No you don't get free ammo refills in this mode). There is a Defend the area mode and other stuff, as well as pvp maps (which no one plays). The game is run by En Masse (Tera) and it is free to play with a cash shop similar to Showtime or APB where you can rent or get permanent guns and buffs. With the exception of the lag issue this game has some neat ideas.

Pretty pictures.

To join go here.

http://www.gamepedia.com/betas/zmr-closed-beta-key-giveaway

When it gives you the code go here and click 'Enter code'

https://account.enmasse.com/users/account

Also with this key you get a very nice shotty. You just reenter in the code but with 'gun' at the end so xxxxxxxxgun.

Game is now in open beta, No more codes.

Recent patch notes courtesy of Extra:

Game Updates

Added a new PvP game mode:
Mercs vs. Monsters: A competitive PvP mode that puts you in the shoes of the enemy Dominion soldiers and gruesome monsters you’ve been murderin’ up to this point. Each of the more than 20 mercs and monsters has a unique ability that adds a ton of variety to the mode and potential for epic gameplay opportunities!
Added six new maps:
Black Gold Rush (PvE and PvP)
Tourist Trap (PvE and PvP)
Death Metal (PvP)
Wetworks (PvP)
The Pit (PvE)
Altar States (PvP)
Added new missions

Item Updates

Added 7 new weapons:
Assault Crossbow (from gold and platinum shooting galleries, and loot cases)
TAC-15 ZK (VIP) (from gold and platinum shooting galleries, and loot cases)
M92 Magnum (from gold store and silver and gold shooting galleries)
AUG (from gold store and silver and gold shooting galleries)
Type 54 (from VIP store)
MP7A1 (from VIP store)
G36 (from VIP store)
Added a new gear set:
Silver Star (from VIP store)
Added 2 new costumes:
SWAT Raid (from VIP store)
Mine Crafter (from VIP store)
Some items are no longer VIP only and can be purchased for EMP by non-VIP players or won from the gold and platinum shooting galleries:
Fire bomb
QSZ-92
Street Sweeper
PSG1A1
Vector SMG
F2000
TAR21
Some costumes no longer require VIP status to purchase:
Desert (EMP)
Widowmaker (EMP)
Weekend warrior (Gold)
New items can be rented with Rep:
QBZ-95
Super 90

Miscellaneous

Replaced 30-day duration items in the loot cases with 7-day duration of the same type.
Full screen functionality is available again.

Bug Fixes

Female voice for Aisha now has the correct voice files.
Narrator voice for gaining and losing the lead in PvP matches is now correct.
Hawaii time no longer extends outside of the UI area in the dropdown list.
Auto-stim boost displayed in loadout now costs the correct currency.
Mucus repellant displayed in loadout now costs the correct currency.
SMG reflex scope now has the correct EMP price.
Fire bomb now displays the correct obtain method in the showroom.
FAMAS now displays the correct obtain method in the showroom.
Harbinger boots now have the correct name: “Widowmaker boots.”

Known Issues

First Blood M4A1 does not work with left and right weapon modifications.

ShadowMoo fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jul 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
i wish the game industry would stop making new zombien games for 2 years like a mutual agreement not to, gently caress

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Game's actually pretty fun, zombies or not. I don't seem to get sick of zombie games though, so there's that.

Thanks for posting regardless OP, enjoying it so far :) Don't see myself spending a dime on it or ever really playing seriously, but it's fun

Edit - I take it back, this isn't fun at all. Just play L4D or Killing Floor if you want to kill some zombies, they're both better than this.

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jun 26, 2014

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
For EU Goons, the EU version is marketed under a different name by a different localization studio. Just like the US version it just started into CBT. It's called Hazard Ops.

Average game that can be fun with friends, I'm not a fan of the Zombie Survival maps as they feel like a 'ligh' version of the CoD maps, even on higher difficulty when you finally get Boss encounters. But I enjoy the generic PvE maps and the Extermination 'raids'. I'll stick around until the first Dino maps show up, cause I want to kill a laser and rocket armed T-Rex before I make my final judgement about the game.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Based on the achievements it seems there are vastly more PvE levels than what's currently in the closed beta. The game definitely shines on the Expert difficulties of the Paranormal Ops and Assault varieties. There's currently a 3/3 mix of Zombie Missions to Human NPC modes, that said the Paranormal Ops mission mode that contains zombies is a semi-linear romp that doesn't feel like the two CoD clone levels at all, especially considering the boss fight at the end. The boss fights can get pretty challenging on higher difficulties and aren't gear checks which is refreshing from just about every online game ever. Unlike L4D and KF, having half a brain to dodge attacks and position yourself strategically is key to not dying horribly instead of just having a properly leveled up character and camping in the same spot. There's also a pretty drat good variety of weapons in this game. Overall I think this game provides a much more challenging and polished game than just about every PC based co-op shooter out there. I also like that you can choose between playing against Zombies or NPCs with guns. The enemy variety on higher difficulties is pretty good as well.

Note that if you've only played missions on "Normal" difficulty you're heavily missing out as the higher difficulties have new and smarter mobs, in addition to the boss fights. Snagged some screenshots of 2/4 boss fights in the game currently: http://imgur.com/a/j25j5

The gashapon shooting gallery is pretty refreshing as I've already won two permanent weapons from it and I haven't paid a cent for this game.

Contact "Grumpy" in game to get an invite to the Goon corp, Goonwater PMC. Looking to get some organized runs in for some of the harder difficulty modes or if you just want to play a casual match that's cool too. Just not playing with pubs would be ideal.

Teamspeak info is in the corporation info in-game.

Feindfeuer posted:

For EU Goons, the EU version is marketed under a different name by a different localization studio

This region split annoys me because it splits goons, but due to the nature of this game I think latency is a pretty important factor. Curious if the EU version has more missions released though.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

i wish the game industry would stop making new zombien games for 2 years like a mutual agreement not to, gently caress

This is more a third person shooter with a few zombie modes thrown in than a zombie game.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jun 27, 2014

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Extra posted:

This region split annoys me because it splits goons, but due to the nature of this game I think latency is a pretty important factor. Curious if the EU version has more missions released though.

Our current Zombie maps are pretty much CoD Zombie maps (with added boss fights beyond base difficulty), so I guess we currently have a very different map selection, there is a single longer 'story type' mission with a romp through some mines followed by a Manor/Castle that is also dominated by Zombies but also has a variety of other mobs, we get an update with new modes and Mummies later today... still no word on the rocket T-Rex. :smith:

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Seems like they've largely fixed the lag spike issues and as a result of them gave everybody who endured it some free swag.

Noticed you can use the gun suffix codes on all 3 websites to get all of the 30 day guns. I used 10minutemail as a throwaway for the compulsory registration. Posted the codes I got from testing so first come first serve on those.

Assault AWP Sniper Rifle
GNRWPE634NXNKAYNgun

M870-ZK Shotgun
6RFYRCR7MKC7CJ4Egun

M1100 Shotgun
GAKPKPX7YGRH6LWTgun

They are entered here:

Feindfeuer posted:

Our current Zombie maps are pretty much CoD Zombie maps (with added boss fights beyond base difficulty), so I guess we currently have a very different map selection, there is a single longer 'story type' mission with a romp through some mines followed by a Manor/Castle that is also dominated by Zombies but also has a variety of other mobs, we get an update with new modes and Mummies later today... still no word on the rocket T-Rex. :smith:

That's a shame, I think we lucked out with having 4 non-CoD clone maps. Kinda jealous of the mummy thing but yeah since Zombies are outplayed we need to see more :krad: dinosaurs.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jun 27, 2014

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

The update just arrived, only played one map so far but that was incredibly fun. It was just versus the evil Soldier/Cyborg dudes, but it was a nice change of pace as you actually had to push forward to progress while previous maps were more about defending until the enemies reinforcements ran dry. Here you had to push, otherwise you'd be facing infinite waves of bad dudes slowly grinding you down.
If more Co-Op maps like that arrive I can see me playing that for quiet some time, especially on the harder difficulties.

We also got three new of the longer 'story' style missions, I haven't played those yet, but I ran one of the new CoD Zombie surival map nad they come with chinese zombies, including their own custom set of special infected.

They are also used in the new PvP 'Best' mode, where you start as a basic unit of either the Zombies or the Soldier/Cyborgs and use the points you gain during the match to respawn as a better class, using the standard enemy mobs you encounter during PvE as the classes. It's surpisingly balanced and fun.

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jun 27, 2014

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
:siren: Open Beta Is Here No Dumb Codes :siren:

Patch is up, 6 new maps.

It seems like the general MO is keep releasing content every few weeks while transferring the special snowflake guns/outfits from the cash shop to the normal market and introducing new special snowflake guns/outfits. It's nice because you get a chance to stockpile gold and rep in anticipation of the next patch so you can buy up the new guns. Also what is one of the strongest guns in the game (AUG) is now available with in-game cash.

quote:

Game Updates

Added a new PvP game mode:
Mercs vs. Monsters: A competitive PvP mode that puts you in the shoes of the enemy Dominion soldiers and gruesome monsters you’ve been murderin’ up to this point. Each of the more than 20 mercs and monsters has a unique ability that adds a ton of variety to the mode and potential for epic gameplay opportunities!
Added six new maps:
Black Gold Rush (PvE and PvP)
Tourist Trap (PvE and PvP)
Death Metal (PvP)
Wetworks (PvP)
The Pit (PvE)
Altar States (PvP)
Added new missions

Item Updates

Added 7 new weapons:
Assault Crossbow (from gold and platinum shooting galleries, and loot cases)
TAC-15 ZK (VIP) (from gold and platinum shooting galleries, and loot cases)
M92 Magnum (from gold store and silver and gold shooting galleries)
AUG (from gold store and silver and gold shooting galleries)
Type 54 (from VIP store)
MP7A1 (from VIP store)
G36 (from VIP store)
Added a new gear set:
Silver Star (from VIP store)
Added 2 new costumes:
SWAT Raid (from VIP store)
Mine Crafter (from VIP store)
Some items are no longer VIP only and can be purchased for EMP by non-VIP players or won from the gold and platinum shooting galleries:
Fire bomb
QSZ-92
Street Sweeper
PSG1A1
Vector SMG
F2000
TAR21
Some costumes no longer require VIP status to purchase:
Desert (EMP)
Widowmaker (EMP)
Weekend warrior (Gold)
New items can be rented with Rep:
QBZ-95
Super 90

Miscellaneous

Replaced 30-day duration items in the loot cases with 7-day duration of the same type.
Full screen functionality is available again.

Bug Fixes

Female voice for Aisha now has the correct voice files.
Narrator voice for gaining and losing the lead in PvP matches is now correct.
Hawaii time no longer extends outside of the UI area in the dropdown list.
Auto-stim boost displayed in loadout now costs the correct currency.
Mucus repellant displayed in loadout now costs the correct currency.
SMG reflex scope now has the correct EMP price.
Fire bomb now displays the correct obtain method in the showroom.
FAMAS now displays the correct obtain method in the showroom.
Harbinger boots now have the correct name: “Widowmaker boots.”

Known Issues

First Blood M4A1 does not work with left and right weapon modifications.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jul 4, 2014

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

I applied under the goon guild as LordLime.

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

This seems pretty cool.

Applied to the corp as Kevlar.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Both accepted.

Summary of new maps:

Altar States - The new map that actually matters and features a bunch of new units (10-15 per side) and all of your levels and gear don't matter. 10/10 would play again A+++ best PvP mode in the game.
The Pit - Mercy Killing (5 man CoD zombie clone) in an abandoned mine with a decent boss fight.
Black Gold Rush - Area 51 on an oil rig. (8 man player vs commandos)
Tourist Trap - Hot Dam in italy (5 man player vs commandos)
Death Metal - PvP (Who cares)
Wetworks - PvP (Who cares)

thantos911
Aug 25, 2012
might give this another shot, when i was playing the lag was just unbearable.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
The lag issue was completely fixed.

Also, if you were around during the lag issues on closed beta they sent everyone tons of poo poo in the mail as compensation.

ShadowMoo fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jul 6, 2014

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

The Early Access for the Founders of the EU version (Hazard Ops) kicked off this weekend. We now also are restricted to renting, at least when gun mods are concerned. We can still perma buy all weapons and while they are changing the prices for release they hosed up some perm prices, you could pick up the M3 shotgun, M1 Garand and some grenades cheaper perm than the 3-day rent for a few hours. The smoke and flashbangs are still bugged and are 213 credits permanent at the moment.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

applied as DirectivDunk

ChaiCalico fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jul 16, 2014

Xenorax
Jul 29, 2010
A friend of mine showed me this game the other day and I quite like it. I'm hoping some of you still play it, and I'm applying to the corp as Xenorax.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Is this actually an MMO? Is it open world? Because that would be awesome.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

No, it's instanced mission based and it also doesn't feature a Hub world/room. So it's not an MMO at all, just a F2P shooter with trash-themed co-op missions. It's still fun if you want to just shoot zombies/mercenaries/robots with your friends for free.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I'm usually hanging out on the teamspeak most evenings eastern time if the pubs got you down and want to run a mission or two. Also accepted all applications. TS info is under "Corp Message", some of the APB goons may jump into a game or two depending on who is around.

It seems the official word is content updates are scheduled for the start of each month. There's probably not enough content to keep players entertained for the whole month unless you're big into the PvP modes. The hardest difficulty "Nightmare" appears to be a cash-shop gashapon experience, but that's not to say Expert is anywhere near easy if you don't have a fat stack of revive coins.

For me the primary carrot on a stick is getting the silver/gold bullets to roll in the gashapon at a chance at permanent weapons.

Thumbtacks posted:

Is it open world?

I wish :smith:

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jul 16, 2014

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

In the EU version (Hazard Ops) the Nightmare Cards also regulary drop from the 'Gold Bullet' minigame which you get munition for pretty regulary as reward for finishing missions on the higher difficulties. Dunno if the NA has similar drops or if you're locked out of nightmare unless you pay, that would suck. :smith:

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Feindfeuer posted:

In the EU version (Hazard Ops) the Nightmare Cards also regulary drop from the 'Gold Bullet' minigame which you get munition for pretty regulary as reward for finishing missions on the higher difficulties. Dunno if the NA has similar drops or if you're locked out of nightmare unless you pay, that would suck. :smith:

From what I've heard you can get nightmare cards from the gold bullets on the NA version as well. More reason to do higher difficulties.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
You can. I have gotten 2 or 3 nightmare cards.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Codes for a permanent Mauser C96 Model 1932 Handgun:

69CDFC43DC7MLM5AHAP53WHW6 and KPPXATCFTX6947XHYR7XNCRKG, if it's already lurked you can get more codes here at the MMOHuts giveaway.

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jul 29, 2014

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Feindfeuer posted:

Codes for a permanent Mauser C96 Model 1932 Handgun:

69CDFC43DC7MLM5AHAP53WHW6 and KPPXATCFTX6947XHYR7XNCRKG, if it's already lurked you can get more codes here at the MMOHuts giveaway.

I grabbed the second one. Thanks!

Grobbit
Jan 20, 2009
I played around on the EU version (Hazard Ops) but it seemed that after a few hours I wasn't really seeing that much variety. Plus the pricing/rental model seems setup to encouraging players to drop $$ to perma weapons/gear. Not that its an exact comparison, but I think Warframe had (recent updates have made it more of a grind that previously) a better flow of earning/crafting stuff to encourage continued play.

Still slightly pissed that not only do they not have a restore character option even after contacting support, but that once you have made+deleted a character that name is unusable (bonus laughs "any purchased items are character bound" so make sure your happy with your Merc cause if you delete it for what ever reason you've lost any RL cash items associated with it.

It also seems that Hazard Ops doesn't get the love that ZMR has with give-aways.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Not sure what you mean, the only thing you can't get perm at the moment are weapon mods, but all those weapons listed for ingame cash and archievment score can be bought perm. A few days of dailies is enough to get a gun you want. The limiting factor is more the level-restriction on said guns, but I guess that's the same in ZMR.

Edit:
It's actually really weird, cause for me it feels like they try to prevent me from spending money with locking all those fancy premium guns behind level restriction and having only very ineffective premium/xp/credit boosts for sale that also regulary drop from the stupid bullet 'reward minigame', plus the higher level guns don't seem to be more powerful... so why even care unless it's a gun you like for the looks.

Anyway, It's certainly not a deep gaming experience, I'm not sure why I even stick to it. I guess it just fills my need for 3rd person arena wave survival and I just need a break from ME3 multiplayer and Warframe.

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jul 29, 2014

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
August patch it out, notes are here:
http://zmr.enmasse.com/news/posts/august-patch-notes

I'm pretty satisfied with the amount of content that keeps getting released. The new Land of the Dead map is pretty drat good, 3 boss fights. Total of 4 PvE maps released this patch which is pretty exciting. There's really not a good [pick-up and play PvE TPS out there so this definitely fills that niche. Warframe is neat but I find there's a bit too much linear progression for my taste.

Feindfeuer posted:

not a deep gaming experience

That's why I like it. Feels more like an arcade game to me instead of a shooter with RPG mechanics tacked on.

Especially since they added the 3 free respawn per mission thing which was well overdue.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jul 30, 2014

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Here's another C96 code for ZMR: KPPXATCFTX6947XHYR7XNCRKG, this time from F2P.com. Even if those codes were for Hazard Ops I'd be giving them away cause the C96 was the one sidearm I bought even before I had the level to use it. I have a Mauser fetish.

nodadchad
Feb 11, 2003

So this is on Steam now. Any new players other than myself?

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Tried it out. They haven't fixed the lagspikes, and pubbies have no loving idea that if you just grabbed an ammo box you don't need a second one holy gently caress you are all the worst. Gonna play this solo, with friends/goons, or not at all. Likely the latter if the lagspikes don't go away soon.

Mechayahiko
May 27, 2011

Doctor Rope
Applied under Mechayahiko1

Chobayt
Oct 9, 2012
I've tried it out, the lag gets pretty bad sometimes. They've figured out the cause and should have it fixed pretty soon tho. I'm in as Chobayt if you want someone to be garbage while shooting garbage with.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Soon as the lag is fixed up this will probably be a good weeks worth of fun.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

I'm Marysue. I'm shocked it wasn't taken; I knew it had to be as soon as I saw the jiggle physics.

Iceman2343
May 7, 2007

I'll take the Job.

I'm in as Stalina. Game seems pretty good so far, and it looks like they fixed the lag issues.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
How has nobody mentioned the striking similarity to Gears of War? That's what got me to check it out.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

How has nobody mentioned the striking similarity to Gears of War? That's what got me to check it out.

I came in here to post this. I enjoyed horde mode a lot as well as terrorist hunt in Rainbow 6 Vegas so I think this'll be right up my alley.

e: App sent to GoonwaterPMC

Is the auto kick timer on death intentional?

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Sep 26, 2014

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I'll reinstall the game and accept anyone who applied. If anyone who is more active in the game wants leadership please let me know.

Nechronic posted:

Is the auto kick timer on death intentional?

All signs point to yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Anyone have any recommendations as to what guns I should be saving up for or working towards? I'm still using just the default ones right now.

Edit: also, I applied to Goonwater PMC as Trapstar

• Locked thread