Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Sin
3 XP; Highlighted: Cool, Weird

Sin eases the girl down, and turns that blank smile up to her father. "She will sleep without dreaming for the duration of this crisis and perhaps a few days beyond. You need not fear. I have not harmed her, and nor did the spirit, at least in any physical sense, though I suspect she may have nightmares for a time once things have passed." He stands, though he has to sort of half crouch given the low ceiling of the room. "I have done what I can here and now, sir. I must go and find Jack, that this may be resolved for good and all."

And without another word, he strides out, heading for Jack's office with a quick, loping gait. Or at least, he heads that way long enough to notice the commotion at the gates, angling towards the crowd. If there's something happening of that size, chances are Jack's there dealing with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Chaplain Hard/Sharp

"I don't suppose you could provide a glass of water, eh Addy? And maybe some information? Who knows when you could use a favor from a man like me..." I'm not a terribly unhandsome man. Back when I still had a flock, there were times when women asked if I was free. I was, and still am, a man of the Lord, and thus cannot take a wife, but that doesn't mean I can't engage in friendly conversation every now and then.

Roll Hot for talking up Addy:2d6-2=9

BlurryMystr
Aug 22, 2005

You're wrong, man. I'm going to fight you on this one.
Doc (Hard/Sharp)

"Morning," Doc says. "Looks like we've both been busy. Had an accident earlier, Zeller. Fell off the roof, cut himself bad. He's patched up and resting at the clinic, but he'll need some place quiet where he can heal up for a week or so. Got any rooms open he can use for a spell?"

He eyes the bus full of new arrivals. "Or did I just miss my chance?"

Permotriassic
May 29, 2007

Feed me and tell me I'm pretty
Dagny: Jackson perks up when he hears you have a job. He tries to play it cool, but you can hear desperation tinge his voice as he speaks. "Working with Goss? I guess I could use a little action..." He scratches at the stubble on his chin. "But you got to just promise me something. If I get in there with you, you need to put in a good word for me with the priest for some protection. You know him well enough, and I need to be making sure I don't get run out of here like I did in Billings. Not gonna say I like this place, but its a hell of a lot better than hitching 'cross the dust." He stands from his meager haul and looks you in the eye. "You do that and I'm all over this."

When was the last time you saw Chaplain? What do you do?

Sin: The man nods and takes the girl to a little cot in the corner. He heaves an exhausted sigh and thanks you, dropping into a threadbare chair to rest. As you leave you can see him keeping silent watch over his daughter. You head toward the gates to find Jack, hearing the sound of people. You arrive to find the crowd dispersing. The people part around you, giving you a wide berth. As the people clear out, you see Jack chatting with Doc. Behind them you see the source of the commotion: a new caravan of people setting themselves up outside the walls. A well-dressed man directs the tent raising and a few of the children are wandering toward the gates tentatively. One spots you and points, hiding behind a gate post. Nothing new for you.

What do you do?

Chaplain: Red Addy cocks an eye at you, but resumes wiping the bar. "Don't get many in here asking for water, sugar. Info, that's another story." She brushes her hair back again and leans down in front of you, giving you quite a view. "And I ain't a lady to owe favors to. But if you're willing to deal, I know I am. How's about this, you give me one of those pretty little knives you've got strapped on you, I tell you what you want to know, and I'll give it back when you come to visit me." She gives you a little wink and turns around to grab a glass.

What do you do?

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
Bean (Hot/Weird) XP:1

Red Addy's.. After the ball player? Judging from the name, it sounded like the sort of place where folks used to crowd around the radio and catch the ballgame. Though, if it was anything like the other bars Bean's attended, all the radios would have been smashed to bits long ago. Funny how no one's in the mood to listen to static anymore.

"Play a gal a song, huh? Sure sure, I can do that. Got just the thing in mind, too." Bean stood up and took a slight bow with a flourish. "I'll let pretty little Sally know you're keeping an eye out for her, Oldie, don't you worry." He grabs a cup of coffee as he departs, giving the oatmeal a wide berth. Communal anything just spells bad news in this sort of place. Off to Red Addy's!

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Dagny, the Operator (Cool/Weird - 3xp)

She wanted him to talk to Chaplain? Last time she crossed paths with him, it was on the last leg of those theater jobs. She was visiting an old acquaintance who'd went straight - married some girl named Margaret, or something. Settled down. For her part, Dagny spent most of the visit either bugging the couple about where they might have seen a set of large curtains like the ones she was being paid to find or drinking and smoking cigarettes on the porch. He seemed like an okay sort - if you can look past the whole "religion" thing, that is.

"Yeah, I can do that. I can't claim he'll listen to me outright, but it'll seem legit if you haven't been pinched yet. You haven't drawn any undue attention to yourself while you've been here, right? Y'all seen him anywhere?"

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jul 11, 2014

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Sin

Sin kind of slinks into view, a little hunched. He's trying not to draw too much attention as he moves towards Jack, but when you're as tall and angular as Sin is, and wearing a clown mask to boot? Kind of a lost cause. He listens to Doc and Jack jawing for a moment, shifting from foot to foot a little uncomfortably, and then clears his throat. "Doc, my apologies for interrupting, but...Jack, do you have a moment? It's important. I believe the water supply may be compromised." His voice goes a little squeaky as he tries to whisper the last few words, not wanting it to go to all and sundry.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
Jack Hard/Sharp
2 XP

Jack pauses to speak with Doc. He furrows his brow in concern upon learning of Zeller's condition. "That's a drat shame about Zeller. We can find him a space in the main complex; I'm sure Catherine can find a bed for him." Jack glances at Garson. "Besides, this gentleman and his people won't be staying for long."

Turning to Sin, Jack's eyes widen, revealing a sense of panic which he quickly banishes from his demeanor. He responds with in a low voice. "I see. Sin, can you please come with me back to my office? I'm going to need more detail. Doc, if you don't mind, could you come along as well? I want to know the health risk of whatever Sin's got to say."

Jack turns to Garson. "My deepest apologies, sir, but there's pressing business I must attend to before we reach an agreement about water for food." Jack motions over a nearby member of the militia. "Andrews here will make sure you're well taken care of. I'm told we have a fantastic jazz musician in the settlement. Perhaps he'll be giving a performance today."

BlurryMystr
Aug 22, 2005

Doc (Hard/Sharp)

Doc's brow furrows. "Yes. We should talk about this privately. Don't want to start any rumors."

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Sin

Sin's masked head bobs in agreement, and he turns abruptly, elbows executing a wide parabola that nearly thump into a bystander's head, before beginning a loping, ground-eating trot back in the direction of Jack's office, people parting around him like the Red Sea.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
Jack Hard/Sharp
2 XP

Jack watches Sin lope off towards the main building before turning back to Doc. "Of course. Do you mind if Sin joins us or shall we meet one at a time? In either case, let's head up." Jack leads the way back to his office. As he walks he asks, "So how do things look with poor Zeller. Is he going to make it?"

Permotriassic
May 29, 2007

Bean: Red Addy's looks...well not quite like what you expected. Far from people gathering up for the big game, it looks a little more like where you'd curl up for something with a little more action. You catch a drunken youth slinking out the door looking nervous. He see you, but quickly looks down at his feet and scurries off. You step into the bar area and see Chaplain and Addy having a chat. You can't tell much from the back of Chaplain's battered vestments, but it looks like Addy's putting the moves on him. When you enter, she looks up. "Well hey there music man, what's your pleasure?"
When was the last time you met Chaplain? What do you do?

Dagny: Jackson stutters for a moment. "Well...no I guess I don't think so" He finally gets out, his eyebrows furrowing. "But I just need some protection is all! He's got that little tent church just down the way, but I ain't seen him today. Actually come to think of it, somebody said they saw him going into Addy's place, but that's gotta be bullshit right?" Irene barks a laugh. "You gotta grow up sometime, kid. That priest is just the same as the rest of us, only he's got a god to hide behind."
What do you do?

Jack: Garson stares up and down at your associates but eventually shrugs. "Your people come first, I understand that. But eventually we need to work out our deal." He walks back to the people setting up tents, shouting orders and helping move.
Feel free to continue your conversations until you get back to the main building

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Chaplain Hard/Sharp

I was still in the process of considering Addy's offer when Bean walked in. I'm still a little wary of the man, but who knows if he remembers leaving me for dead. Maybe instead of bad blood between us there's simply no blood. I turn back to Addy.

"You've got yourself a deal, Red." I smile as I set down one of my knives. I had no intention of getting the knife back, but I had one to spare and wanted that information. I like Addy, despite her flaws, and the Lord did bless her in His own way, but she was putting me in a compromising situation. "I hear someone named Rack is playing at building an army. You know anything about that?"

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

"Addy's place? There's a first time for everything, I guess. Besides, I want to check out how the place is laid out before we meet with Goss tonight."

Dagny dragged her crew over to Red Addy's place and took a seat at the other side of the small bar when she saw that he was chatting up Addy herself. Now that's interesting in and of itself...

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Bean's eyebrows raised once he entered the sordid establishment. So this was the kinda place you missed when you stayed cooped up in your room all day. He nods to Addy, giving her a wink as he taps the side of his sax case. "Impromptu show, Ma'am. Courtesy of a junker-workin' gent named Oldie." Scanning the crowd, he realizes that Oldie didn't give him a description to go by. "I got a special audience, though. There ain't a pretty little thing named Sally working right now, is there?" Red Addy could put the moves on a straight-laced feller like Chaplain, but Bean's the kinda guy who can move right back.

Back to Chaplain though, he seems like he's got an idea of what Bean's up to. As such, Chaplain's not someone to be messed with, at least not directly. They might've met earlier, but running out on a man who's bleeding to death isn't the sort of thing that leaves an impression in the musician's mind. "Of course, all are welcome to attend," Bean adds, giving the man a nod and a grin.

BlurryMystr
Aug 22, 2005

deadking posted:

Jack Hard/Sharp
2 XP

Jack watches Sin lope off towards the main building before turning back to Doc. "Of course. Do you mind if Sin joins us or shall we meet one at a time? In either case, let's head up." Jack leads the way back to his office. As he walks he asks, "So how do things look with poor Zeller. Is he going to make it?"

Doc (Hard/Sharp)

"Zeller's torn up, lost a good deal of blood. But he's young yet, he'll pull through and have a hell of a scar to show for it." Doc pauses. "So, the folks in the bus. Are they moving through or moving in?"

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
Jack Hard/Sharp
2 XP

Jack continues to stroll up the hill towards the main building. "That's drat good news. Thank you for saving Zeller, I don't know what we'd do without you. As for the new arrivals, they won't be staying. They need water and we need food, at least until we get the green houses fully repaired. We're going to make a trade and they'll be moving on, I promise.

Permotriassic
May 29, 2007

Bean: Addy whistles and points at the stairs. "She'll be comin' down to work about now if she knows what's good for her. But feel free to have a drink while you wait on her. She's the big blond one." You can guess pretty well that Miss Sally's no bartender. The place is pretty quiet, but a few of the other girls have wandered down from upstairs to 'advertise' as it were. You'll get an audience but it looks like you'll have to wait a bit for Oldie's lady.
What do you do?

Chaplain:She turns her attention back to you, snatching up the knife and slipping it into her dress pocket. She leans in close to your ear with a grin. "Sure appreciate it, sugar. Now Rack's just the recruiter, he makes the boys feel all mean. Gets 'em riled up right? But he answers to Joyride." She goes back to washing the bar, but still doesn't raise her voice. "Seems like that carzy bastard ain't happy with just being an enforcer, wants a little bigger piece. Most men do, I've found." Without seeing her face there's no way to tell if she meant that as innuendo, but her bitter laugh speaks volumes.
What do you know about Joyride? What do you do?

Dagny: The door shuffles as you enter Red Addy's place. The lady herself is standing behind the bar, whispering something into Chaplain's ear. Irene nudges Jackson in the ribs. "See, what'd I tell ya? He might be a badass but he ain't any more holy than my uncle Bob," She says under her breath. Bean's there too, carrying his sax and looking around for someone. The bar area is surprisingly small and close, most of the room taken up by couches and a small stage to one end. Its not the ideal location if poo poo goes down, but you could probably make an exit if you had to.
What are you looking for here? What do you do?

Sin: As you reach the main building you're greeted by a lady wearing a TB mask, her only visible features her eyes and fine brown hair. As you approach, she backs away. You can't actually see her expression, but her eyes are cold. Alice Clark never much approved of you. "What do you want, Sin? Jack's not here."
What was your first interaction with Alice like? What do you do?

Jack and Doc:As you finish your conversation you get to the main building. You see Sin and Alice talking to each other. Its a little unsettling really, to see two nearly faceless people in a staring contest.

Go ahead and talk, but whenever you're ready you're there. What do you do?

Permotriassic fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jul 17, 2014

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Sin

Well, it does tend to sour a person on you when they first confront you emerging out of a dust storm, scalpel coming crost a man's throat and opening it right to the windpipe. Wouldn't ordinarily incline a body to let you inside their hold, neither, but under the circumstances Sin wasn't shy about reaching on into Alice's brain and giving it a little tug in the right direction. Afterwards, he was able to explain those circumstances - the man (men, really) that died under his blade were advance scouts for a roaming bandit gang that was looking to do a bit of a Trojan horse maneuver on the hold, but the dust and Sin's unnatural senses had done for them in time to stave things off. Wouldn't exactly have inclined the fellows to treat Sin very nice, though. It was enough to get a pass, and Sin's been useful since. Probably more useful than Alice, who after all is only an administrator, and not possessed of...extra insights. But she never has forgotten. Sin does his best to treat her with extra care and politeness, but that keeps things civil, not friendly.

"Afternoon, Ms. Clark. Jack is just a bit behind me thataway, but I have news that required a more private venue, if you see?" He sketches an awkward bow, and makes to lean against the wall as he waits for Jack and the Doc to catch up.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
Chaplain Hard/Sharp

"Mighty big thanks, Red. Remember, it's the little things like this that garner Heavenly rewards."

I haven't had the opportunity to tangle with Joyride. I knew he was a dapper man that played killer for Jack on occasion. It was interesting, the wheels within wheels here at St. Theresa's. I have heard Joyride is a severe man, one not to be taken lightly. I wonder if Jack knows that Joyride is gathering up a flock. Maybe he'd be interested in that particular piece of information?

I get up from the bar, giving a quick sweep of the room. Lot of players in here, all of the sudden. I spot Dagny. Good girl, that one. A little selfish, but we're all human. She's got a good heart, from what I can tell. I give her a wave.

"Hello, child. And what might you be doing in a pit of sin as this?"

sephiRoth IRA fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jul 17, 2014

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

Dagny smiled, and quickly gave an order to Addy now that she was done talking before turning back to Chaplain. Less variety here, to be sure, but booze wasn't what you went to a place like this for, now as it?

"You think you're surprised. I was looking for you, actually. How've you been?"

She didn't have much to go on - she had considered him something of a buzzkill when they had last met, so she stayed out of his way. Taking her order from Addy, she took a long drink and tried to size him up a little.

Read a Person. Holding 1 question.2d6+2=7

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Just to note, we already established Joyride in my vision as a burly, male orderly type working for Jack as an enforcer with a clean-shaven scalp, a porkpie hat, and a murderous tendency. Assuming our MC meant that to be the same character? We just saw him in action, though, no dialogue or history or anything.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

malkav11 posted:

Just to note, we already established Joyride in my vision as a burly, male orderly type working for Jack as an enforcer with a clean-shaven scalp, a porkpie hat, and a murderous tendency. Assuming our MC meant that to be the same character? We just saw him in action, though, no dialogue or history or anything.

Holy poo poo, I totally missed that! I made that post at like, loving 2AM or whatev. I totally forgot :( gimme 2 shakes, I'll fix it. I'm the worst player

Permotriassic
May 29, 2007

malkav11 posted:

Wait, poo poo, my fault. I got some stuff twisted, and from Dagny's first post I thought Joyride was an outsider. I'll edit my junk. Also I'll work on the character m-m-mega post tonight. Sorry for the confusion!
e: Actually, I've decided to keep it Joyride. Changed the explanation.

Permotriassic fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jul 17, 2014

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

areyoucontagious posted:

Holy poo poo, I totally missed that! I made that post at like, loving 2AM or whatev. I totally forgot :( gimme 2 shakes, I'll fix it. I'm the worst player

No worries. It was kinda :words:

BlurryMystr
Aug 22, 2005

Doc (Hard/Sharp)

"All right," he says to Jack. "We just have to be careful. You've got a good place here, but that can change in a flash if we aren't cautious. Lotta folks out there won't understand this place and will tear it down if they have the opportunity. Just something that worries me, is all."

He pauses a moment, taking in the sight of the two masked people regarding each other. "Remember the days when seeing something like that qualified as a once in a lifetime experience? Heh."

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
Jack Hard/Sharp
2 XP

"Barely; I've worn this drat thing so long it almost feels like part of me." Jack tugs gently on his own mask. He continues, "I understand your caution and I appreciate the advice. It's a good place because good people keep it afloat."

Turning to Alice and Sin, Jack greets them both. "Good afternoon to you both." He turns to face Alice first. "Alice, Doc tells me Zeller's had an accident. If you see Sister Catherine, please tell her to find a bed for him. Also, I'm sure you've heard by now, but there's a caravan outside the gates. They aren't staying, but they have foodstuffs for trade, and if I'm not mistaken we're in need at the moment. I'd appreciate a report on our stocks so I know how much to try and trade for."

Jack turns and faces Sin, not quite making contact with the eyes of the brainer's mask. "Sin, you told me you had something to say about our water?" Jack opens his office door and gestures inside. "Gentlemen, won't you come in and we'll get down to business."

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Sin

Sin pushes back off the wall, straightening to that full, imposing height before sketching a quick bow to Alice and heading into Jack's office, hunching some to get through the door. He looms a little uncomfortably in the corner, and once everyone's situated and the door's closed again, he speaks. "There was a fellow from the cabins who came to me because his daughter was doing poorly. Got hooked into the Signal somehow, was ranting and raving and about losing her mind. I treated her, to the extent I could, but in the process I caught a buzz of what got into her. And it's coming from the water. Got a pretty distinct picture of what it might be, too. You seen Jebediah around lately? Because I surely have not. I think I know where he has been, though. Down in the reservoir. Dead, like. And not quiet, neither. And Jack? Pretty sure it was your boy Joyride and one of his crew put him down there." His voice tilts especially worried at this last piece of information, though his mask keeps right on smiling.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

"A drink sounds mighty fine. Gimme something light, though. Just to wet my whistle before I start the show, you see." Bean nods to Chaplain as he walks up to the bar, snapping up the man's vacated spot. "And unless the performers drink for free, go ahead and put it on Alma Mae's tab."

After assembling his saxophone and taking a swig of his drink, Bean starts running through some scales. He's already got a piece in mind, but something about this place is starting to make him wary. He's used to playing up on a stage, not down with the rest of the crowd. Not to mention that caravan's still out there somewhere. Best to get this show on the road, fast.

The ever-present radio static never seemed to bother Bean too much. He always figured it was because he was a performer. Everyone likes to hear him play, and if there's some sort of entity in charge of the 'buzz' then they're no exception. That's why Bean always starts playing when he opens his mind, running through the scales and warm-ups that he dedicates to Sally's name.

Lost: 2d6+1=9
Marking XP.

Permotriassic
May 29, 2007

Bean: Addy gives you a grin and a nod, pouring something clear yellow into a dusty glass. "Alma Mae, huh? You dog." As you start to warm up a wide eyed young lady comes wandering down the stairs, unfocused and almost floating on some unfelt current. You've got to give Oldie some credit, the girl's fair stunning, with golden hair and a fine face. She pushes her way through the pillows and couches to the front of the little stage and stares mesmerized. You've seen this look before, this is the girl you were looking for. Some of the others begin to gather around as well, drawn more by your music than any mystical force. Sally sighs and sits. "I don't think I heard anything that pretty in a long time, mister. You playing here all night?"

Dagny and Chaplain: You can see some skeptical looks from the girls as they come down, but as Bean starts playing eyes all move away. Irene wastes no time getting herself a drink, sitting down heavily at the bar. Jackson goggles at the ladies in various states of undress standing near the stage, but he keeps himself under some sort of control. Addy leans back on the bar, listening intently, either to Bean's music or to your conversation. You can't tell.

Sin, Doc, and Jack: Alice happily takes her attention off Sin and listens to Jack's instructions. "Will do," she says and quickly bounds off to the water stores. As you talk, you hear a knock at the door. Garson cracks it and announces himself with a cough. "Is it a bad time?" he asks, his voice stern. "Something about the reservoir?"

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
I'll get something up for Sin once Jack's weighed in. Sin would want to make sure Jack is okay with disclosing to Garson and will therefore take his cues from Jack.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
Sorry guys, work's been a bit crazy. I'll have something up later today

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
Jack Hard/Sharp

Jack begins to answer Sin, but stops when Garson lets himself in. He greets the man with a smile that does not reach his eyes. "Mr. Garson, as I explained to you outside, I must meet with my colleagues here in private to discuss this situation. I understand you are concerned about your people, but I assure you, if there is anything wrong with our water you will be informed. We certainly have no intention of trading you something that is not safe. But until we discuss these matters, you must excuse us." Jack pulls open his desk drawer and pulls out a bottle of whiskey. Before the dust it wouldn't have been anything special, but now it's top shelf and almost full too. "Here, take this gift and enjoy yourself. The gentleman escorting you around can find you a glass. Stay close; I'll be in touch soon."

Jack waits for Garson to respond and leave before he continues.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Sin
4 XP; Highlighted: Cool, Weird

Sin leans against the wall and regards this intruder levelly with that blank painted smile, head cocked just a bit as he attempts to tune the Signal to this newcomer's frequency.

Casual Brain Receptivity (read a person/weird): 2d6+2=7 +1 XP

What does your character intend to do?

Permotriassic
May 29, 2007

Jack and Doc: Garson bristles, but accepts the bottle of liquor. "Trust doesn't come easy these days, you ought to know that. I'll be back, and you had better give me the full story." He fingers a pistol at his hip menacingly. "I got no time to waste here while my people are sick of thirst." Garson looks at Sin for a moment but says nothing. He turns on his heel and walks back out the door, leaving his handler behind to look on with dread. The man glances at Jack and then runs after Garson, doing his best to look composed.

Sin: The man's signal is loud, to be sure. You almost imagine you could hear it without your particular attunement, but the static is after all just static. Garson pointedly ignores you as he talks to Jack, but when he finishes turns toward you. The signal comes through like a long distance broadcast for just a moment as his eyes meet your painted face. We're fucking desperate. I don't want to hurt anybody. Maybe there's a black market here. You see Garson try to read your painted smile for just a moment, but his eyes show his distress. As he turns to leave, you hear a shudder in the signal as he strides away. How interesting.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Sin

Sin waits for Garson's signal to fade a bit before he turns back to Jack and says, "Man talks tough but he isn't looking for violence. His people need the water badly and he would like to buy it. Doesn't mean it won't come to blows if he thinks we're holding out on him and he can't find anyone else to take him up on it. And I think it is very likely indeed to come to blows if his people drink the water in its current state. We will need to move expeditiously."

BlurryMystr
Aug 22, 2005

Doc (Hard/Sharp)

"This girl," Doc says to Sin, "Was there anything else wrong with her? If there's a contamination in the water supply, we could have a lot of sick people on our hands before too long."

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Sin

Sin gives a little shrug. "You know I'm not the best at diagnostics, Doc. Could be she had something physical wrong with her, too. But she seemed like she was resting just fine once I drove out the echo in her mind and turned off her, ah, antenna for a bit. Problem's gonna come if we can't clear out the water. Not everybody's going to be that sensitive, but no way to know which until they drink."

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Bean (Hot/Weird) XP:2

"Anything's on the table, Addy! Maybe even an encore!" The fat man replies merrily, raising the reed to his lips. "Fat chance," Bean mutters under his breath. Once he finishes tuning up, Bean eases into a slow, melodic tune that lilts through the dilapidated bar.

Artful & gracious: 2d6+2=6 +1 XP

The music's there, and it's as lovely as ever, but maybe Bean's heart's not all into it. Upon finishing the song, Bean gives a wave and a little bow, making sure to shoot Sally a wink. "Now this show's courtesy of Oldie, who thought you fine ladies could use some cheering up. Be sure and shoot your thanks his way, folks! I figure I got one more tune left in me for now, so let Ol' Bean take you all back to the good old days when it was easy to Get Happy!" Leaping into the next song, Bean glances over to the table where Dagny and Chaplain are sitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
Chaplain Hard/Sharp

I applaud after Bean's song ends. Regardless of the man's lack of moral qualities, he can certainly play. I turn to Dagny. "I'm right as rain. Just needed to talk to Addy for bit, needed some information. Normally I'd avoid such temptations as these, but sometimes to do the Lord's work one has to learn to walk in the mud. What about you? Here for work or something different? You said you needed me?"

• Locked thread