Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Isn't there some kinda bug with the claw weapons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Are you not fighting every battle? I get every enemy in the dungeons and I'm never lacking for firepower when playing.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Bregor posted:

I always thought the field sprite and the white flag sprite for the dogs were pretty cute :3:

And yeah, White is :krad:. As a kid I always saved magic and consumables because "WHAT IF?!?!?!" but with a decent amount of seeds you can pretty much spam it. It's very satisfying.

The field sprite of the dogs always looked like a jiggling pile of chocolate donuts to me as a kid and I still can't not see it to this day.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
The rope bridge just screams "unfinished" to me. No enemies, no treasure, just a small scene that could have happened in the focus Tower or the forest just as easily. And I remember when I first played my friend tried to convince me there was a secret character and I somehow convinced myself it involved the rope bridge for that very reason.

Rabbi Raccoon fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jul 20, 2014

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I think it could be made more challenging and/or balanced, it just requires more thought than "throw numbers and status effects at a bestiary".

1) Keep all the weapons on the same tier competitive. Swords really aren't useful until the third tier because you get an axe so soon after getting the swords. And if memory serves, there aren't many enemies weak to swords and axe-weak enemies are coming out of the woodwork.

2) Put a limit on the amount of Seeds you can carry. Say...5. As has been stated, once you hit Fireburg, the rest of the game is basically a formality.

3) I'm not sure if it's possible with this game's engine, but let Kaeli, Tristam, Phoebe, and Reuben be able to level up. And, obviously, lower their joining level.

4) Take out respawning chests entirely, but have shops that sell shurikens and arrows (depending on who your buddy is at the time).

5) Keep all magic competitive as well. There's no real reason to use Fire, Quake, or Blizzard after getting Aero and the Wizard spells.

6) Make Refreshers actually useful. I don't think I've ever used one. Either stat-lowering attacks are so ineffectual that I don't notice them, or they're also bugged. Fix that issue.

7) And I did like the idea for battlefields that more battles means a better reward. I'd keep that too.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Krumbsthumbs posted:

I think his 2nd appearance is why many people think Reuben is the worst party member. The first time you have him he hits like a truck and can one shot almost any enemy you meet. Also, he resists the move prevalent elemental attack enemies will throw at you so he's reasonably The 2nd time? He's lucky to make it through a couple fights without dropping and can hasn't gained any real ground in damage.

Can we just get Kaeli back? Also, what the hell is Phoebe doing right now? Blowing up more of her grandfather's place?

Moping around and posting in her LiveJournal about how no one invited HER to the party in Windia and she can't figure out why because she's so pretty and vivacious and if they'd only GIVE HER A CHANCE they'd see it!

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I've always thought Tristam was from Windia. It's the only town that doesn't have a playable character.

Hmmmm...have you shown off the inter-town teleporting? Not too handy at this point but it's a nice thing to throw in.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

TheFattestPat posted:

Haha, the first time I played this game I wondered around that ship forever. Nothing like being stuck in a monster infested maze with Reuben.

I wonder if at some point they were going to let you swap out between the four party members. I just kind of noticed that this is the one time all four of them are in the same place (well until Tristam leaves).

So are we to believe that no one was suspicious of a guy named "The Dark King" until he was mentioned in this amazing prophecy? And where's that floating old man, we haven't seen him in quite a while.

Oh! That does remind me. He is hidden somewhere but he only has one line and there's nothing really there other than him. Doesn't really do anything but it's flavor text.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
With a steady supply of Seeds and his armor he's basically invincible. Wouldn't you?

And thanks for the LP. One of my favorite games to knock out on a sick day

• Locked thread