Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Name him Blintsy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Keeping my vote for Blintsy.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Torrannor posted:

Starting a LP during the World Cup... how mean! Now I missed most of it!

I really like this game. Though Mystic Quest will always be Final Fantasy Adventure in my mind, since that's what it was called in Europe.

It's a great game, even if it's a bit simple. Still, there are a ton of neat little details that make it charming. It also has some really good music.

I actually liked using the temple teleportation once I got enough crests. And you are right about Spencer's tunnel being much too long. Funnily enough, the protagonist in Final Fantasy Adventure made something out of a habit of riding waterfalls, I don't know why Shrug is different.
In the U.S., Final Fantasy Adventure was what we called one of the Secret of Mana game boy games.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Torrannor posted:

Yeah, sorry for not being clear. That's the game I mean. The game boy game Seiken Densetsu (Japan)/Final Fantasy Adventure (USA) was called Mystic Quest in Europe. The game that's LPed in this thread, Final Fantasy Mystic Quest was called Mystic Quest Legend in Europe. So my very first game with the name Mystic Quest was the game boy game.
Wow, that is... somehow even weirder.

• Locked thread