Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Andrew_1985 posted:

But her worst moments: Eggs. Eggs.
Eggs. He was an okay guy but loving hell she ignored common sense.

Wasn't she basically hypnotized by the Maenad?

Edit: Yeah, she was under Maryann's control, until they were able to free her using Sookie's telepathy. Common sense didn't have a chance to play any part in her decisions.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jun 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

OK, I just watched this episode, and I'm confused by one thing here. Well, actually, a lot of things don't make sense, but here's one of them. Isn't this a problem that basically solves itself if humans just stay in their houses at night? The infected vampires will die soon, and as long as they're not invited they can't break into your house to get you. Wait it out. You can still go out during the day in perfect safety.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Once Tara was recovered at Lafeyette's and Sookie/Sam/Bill told her they would go back to stop Maryanne/Save Eggs/The town because they couldn't be hypnotised, Tara was irrationally crazy. She got her mum to hold Lafeyette at gunpointi and let her run RIGHT BACK into the nightmare where she is almost IMMEDIATELY rehypnotised.

Really Tara. They went to all that trouble to save you and you immediately undid it. All that wailing made it so much worse.

But really, the worst thing that's ever been on True Blood has been the inbred-meth addicted - werepanthers. Oh and most of the werewolf storylines.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Tiggum posted:

OK, I just watched this episode, and I'm confused by one thing here. Well, actually, a lot of things don't make sense, but here's one of them. Isn't this a problem that basically solves itself if humans just stay in their houses at night? The infected vampires will die soon, and as long as they're not invited they can't break into your house to get you. Wait it out. You can still go out during the day in perfect safety.

In hindsight the outdoor nighttime human/vamp mixer wasn't timed very well!

Andrew_1985 posted:

werepanthers

I've uh, mentally blocked most of this out.

If Alcide isn't naked this is fast forward fodder for me. And I never, ever do that except for this show.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Tiggum posted:

Yeah, I mean the only people really benefiting from the arrangement are uninfected vampires. They get free uninfected blood and shelter from the Hep V vampires. But if all the humans just stayed indoors all night all the vampires would eventually kill each other off with the Hep V, and then no more problem!

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
Yeah I have to say, this show's campy, trashy southern gothic charm has almost totally evaporated by this point. It was really going strong until about the third or fourth season and then BAM. Rapid downhill slide.

For all of its flaws, Season 1 & 2 TB were very, very well written. Season 2 had tons of character development and plot twists and it was engaging and fun. But what the hell is going on now? It's basically "The Walking Dead" but with vampires and on HBO. Ugh.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I Found You

Sookie spearheads a mission to a nearby town to find out what the future holds for Bon Temps. Meanwhile, hostages taken during the H-vamps' attack on Bellefleur's hope a familiar face can lead them to freedom; Lettie Mae desperately tries to channel her family's past; and Vince stirs up a posse to seek justice on their own terms.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Oh Vince, you're such a regular character.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Senjuro posted:

If Tara comes back and starts screaming :byodame:WE'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY:byodame: then I am loving done with this show.

She'll return once Lafayette starts singing All Along the Watchtower.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Tiggum posted:

No one ever said anyone from Bon Temps was smart.

But yeah, basically. So I don't see any big deal if you just wait it out for like a year, all the crazy loving Hep V vamps just die out. Honestly they probably should've just done that as their timeskip and fastforwarded to a world with like only like 2 million vamps left or something.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

Never fails. Only Dexter's salad-sawing scene comes close.

Edit:

I followed the Dexter thread, but not this one. What's the hilarity behind this picture?

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
... did you not look at the picture? It's pretty self-explanatory

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Twee as gently caress posted:

... did you not look at the picture? It's pretty self-explanatory

Honestly, it just looks like a picture of an old woman with two kids.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Y'all posted the wrong version

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And away we go this week.

Candy Dawn
Aug 7, 2007

Ponsuke-san!!
Wait what?

Not complaining though.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Candy Dawn posted:

Wait what?

:stonk:

Ouzo On Ice
Jun 21, 2005
Sweet Jesus, what the hell am I watching?

bryn987
May 31, 2014
Lol what an opener

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Oh hey the good show came back after that weird thing they showed last week!

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Oh True Blood what won't you do, you silly goose.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Show me Skarsgard's cock already for gently caress's sake

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Capn Beeb posted:

Show me Skarsgard's cock already for gently caress's sake

Then it wouldn't be art!

Maximusi
Nov 11, 2007

Haters gonna hate
Wow, that was probably the most homoerotic scene in True Blood.

Candy Dawn
Aug 7, 2007

Ponsuke-san!!
I wonder if she's really dead. I didn't see her explode. Just the aftermath.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Seriously, gently caress this guy.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Wouldn't we have seen Pam react in some way if Tara was dead? Isn't she Tara's Maker?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress these dumb rear end 'Angry Villagers'.

LazyDivey
Jun 18, 2004

Orange crush momma is a laugh laugh laugh.

bryn987 posted:

Lol what an opener

I missed the opening what happened????

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

LazyDivey posted:

Hot man love action.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

LazyDivey posted:

An Eric/Jason dream sequence.

Candy Dawn
Aug 7, 2007

Ponsuke-san!!
Holy gently caress.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
This is nicely atmospheric

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll
Our 2nd Amendment right to not be hosed over by our government!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
This is loving hilarious.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Come on Jessica get your murder on

Candy Dawn
Aug 7, 2007