Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maximusi
Nov 11, 2007

Haters gonna hate
Ugh what a terrible episode. It's just not fun anymore. Why kill Alcide ??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

sleepingbuddha posted:

Neither did Alcide.

:vince:

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

All comedy is derived from fear.
Just so we are clear, they did kill Alcide so Sookie can end up with Bill or Sam, yes?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Maximusi posted:

Ugh what a terrible episode. It's just not fun anymore. Why kill Alcide ??

Final season, nobody's off-limits. They didn't have any plans for him after 3 episodes into filming, so they had him provide a random episode cliffhanger

sulphix
Dec 15, 2008

Illuen posted:

Just so we are clear, they did kill Alcide so Sookie can end up with Bill or Sam, yes?

I think you mean with Eric and Bill, at the same time, 24/7, just as the show has always promised but never quite delivered on. Jason can join in too.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
I actually really liked that ending scene, it came as a shocker like the olden TB days and I didn't think that was just possible anymore. Someone should really do a compilation of Sookie ugly-crying and put it on Youtube.

I'm also going to bet that Sookie will end up as some well-respected queen of all vampires by the end of this or the hero of mankind or whatever because of her precious fairy blood/vagina. Which I guess would be appropriate and in keeping with who she's been since the start of the show and how much she's craved belonging.

I dunno how I feel about Lala and Jessica's Recast Boyfriend. He's getting himself in the worst kind of situation us gays can get into. It's pretty bad to watch.

I'm thrilled that Hoyt's mom's finally dead. gently caress yeah Nora errr whoever you are.

Oh and I'd just like to say that if it weren't for Alexander Skarsgard, I probably wouldn't have kept tuned-in for as long as I have. He steals the show because he's a fabulous actor and anyone doubting this should watch any of his other works... Which is why I would yet again say that an Eric-centric Angel style spin-off would be loving incredible. I love the way his character evolved throughout the show from a badass dick of a vampire who only cares about himself to a badass dick of a vampire who actually has a pretty big heart.

Captain Mog fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jul 7, 2014

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Nate Falls posted:

I'm mostly working not on camera this season, sadly.

This week we finish filming the finale, and then I'm unemployed for realsies until I find another show.

Is it common for shows to still be filming 3/10ths of the way through a season? I mean I realize sitcoms do it, but that's because there's 20 + episodes and the story takes place in one location.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

limeincoke posted:

Is it common for shows to still be filming 3/10ths of the way through a season? I mean I realize sitcoms do it, but that's because there's 20 + episodes and the story takes place in one location.

I know that 24 this year is coming in crazy hot, like wrapped a few weeks ago hot

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Alcide died as he lived, naked and in a position that strategically hides his penis.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
So the killed the gay soccer-dad vampire Holly/Arlene got that glamoured Terry? Ok.

They killed Maxine Fortenberry, vindictive sMother of the year.

BUT THEY KILLED ALCIDE! That's too loving far True Blood! TOO FAR! We all want Bill to die before Alcide! He was super hot, like 'man of the year' hot and you took that away from us!

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
gently caress yes. I hope every remaining episode is like that, and the last episode of True Blood is only Sookie and Eric and horrible (ex)christian super bitch left alive and then they kill each other.

(This would be improved if you swap out Sookie with anyone else, but that's not realistic)

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Last season, gently caress it, kill everyone.

I like where this is going.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Gangringo posted:

in a position that strategically hides his penis.

The worst part, unfortunately.

Chopsy
Dec 27, 2005

GUNS GUNS GUNS
BIKES BIKES
YOUR MOM

limeincoke posted:

It's pretty standard for us, at least. I think every season we've started airing at least a month before we wrap up filming.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

pentyne posted:

I've honestly never cared for Alcide since he was introduced and all the other regulars have gotten so dumb that I can get behind this. I think Eric/Pam are the only ones I'm sort of rooting for. More so now that they're on their Sarah Newlin death mission.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Are they going to bury Alcide in the backyard?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Mister Kingdom posted:

Awesome.

You are also awesome.
\/\/\/\/

Bored fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jul 8, 2014

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Mister Kingdom posted:

It's too bad Sookie saw it, otherwise they could just say he left to live on a nice farm where he can chase dumb girlfriends all day everyday.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Welp, I guess the scrawny nerd showrunners were insanely jealous of Alcide's chiseled bod or something because that was kinda pointless and abrupt. Better than Tara's non-existent death scene though.

RIP one of the most sensible guys on the show.

And :lol: at Andy leaving the guy who shot him to die, because Action's Have Consequences, Kids :eng101:

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

This stuff with the infected vampires is wrapping up quickly. Next episode they rescue the other people and then ????

Nion
Jun 8, 2008

In the process of getting rid of all the plot armor, they seem to have gotten rid of any weight or significance behind character deaths as well.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
If this wasnt the last season you can rest assured they wouldve "turned" sniped Alcide

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax
I like how they thought Alcide's death was suitable as a cliffhanger with sad ending music. As if anyone gives a fraction of a gently caress. Do the creators seriously think anyone cares about these lovely characters?

TheAwfulWaffle
Jun 30, 2013
Who the gently caress is Rocky, and why is everybody so worried about him?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Aardark posted:

I like how they thought Alcide's death was suitable as a cliffhanger with sad ending music. As if anyone gives a fraction of a gently caress. Do the creators seriously think anyone cares about these lovely characters?

Jason, Jessica or Andy would've sucked. I've accepted Pam and Erik probably won't make it out alive.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

CODChimera posted:

This stuff with the infected vampires is wrapping up quickly. Next episode they rescue the other people and then ????

You're assuming it's going to be a quick and clean rescue. My bet is on either Sookie loving it up somehow or what's-her-face will go into labor mid-escape. She's already been having some weird pains and stuff down in the dungeon.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Aardark posted:

and yet, here you are making posts about the characters on the show you watch every week

Maximusi
Nov 11, 2007

Haters gonna hate

Nion posted:

In the process of getting rid of all the plot armor, they seem to have gotten rid of any weight or significance behind character deaths as well.

This is my biggest gripe with this season.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Way to go, Sookie, you got the hottest character killed.

I hope Sarah Newlin kills everyone.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

pentyne posted:

I hope everyone dies, then the final scene is some humans and vampires sitting around together in a bar in some other part of the country, where everything is clearly still pretty normal, and they're watching a news report about Bon Temps being destroyed and going "What the hell was wrong with that place, anyway? Was literally everyone there crazy?"

Marley Wants More
Oct 22, 2005

woof
They're all going to move to Oregon and become lumberjacks

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Eric's feathered 80s hair was the best part of the episode. That and iron forged cocks.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
That and 80's Pam with a perm. Did she have a perm in the earlier seasons? I've already forgotten.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

thathonkey posted:

If this wasnt the last season you can rest assured they wouldve "turned" sniped Alcide

Honestly I thought they were going to pull aa Dexter and spin up a completely new plot line about Alcide struggling with being a were-vamp, despite it being the last season.

That of course leads to:

Marley Wants More posted:

They're all going to move to Oregon and become lumberjacks

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

So then Jason's going to have a stroke as Hurricane Michelle hits land?

Or maybe Hurricane Adele, depending on which way you'd like to go with it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Can a werewolf even be turned into a vampire? I thought they were like immune to being turned.

Also we did get confirmation that Tara is actually dead, so there's no coming back for her. But I'm still surprised that they didn't actually show her death.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I think it's time for Sookie to have some Pecan Pie of Sadness again...

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

TMMadman posted:

Can a werewolf even be turned into a vampire? I thought they were like immune to being turned.

Also we did get confirmation that Tara is actually dead, so there's no coming back for her. But I'm still surprised that they didn't actually show her death.
Yes, Pam said she felt Tara's true death.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Pinwiz11 posted:

I think it's time for Sookie to have some Pecan Pie of Sadness again...

That had to be a weird scene to film. "Okay Anna, we need you to shovel this whole pie into your mouth while you sob continuously...and ACTION!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
The only good thing about this episode was Iron Forged Cocks.

Namaste.

• Locked thread