Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
His crush on Amber is bordering on scary. I believe he plans to confess to her tonight. BB should give him a piece of paper and pencil so he can write out:

DO U LIKE ME
Y N

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm double posting to inform you all that Caleb has decided to declare his love to Amber tonight! It will happen tonight! Caleb has decided to go for that brass ring of happiness and marriage and babies and all that stuff. Because, you know, that's what normal adults who met each other a week ago do. They don't hang out and flirt and get to know each other. They just declare their love like a John Cusack movie.

I love this cast. Even the racist.

Oh, my friend, Caleb's crush on Amber passed "scary" a long time ago. He's like 2 days from shooting the president to impress her.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

STAC Goat posted:

I'm double posting to inform you all that Caleb has decided to declare his love to Amber tonight! It will happen tonight! Caleb has decided to go for that brass ring of happiness and marriage and babies and all that stuff. Because, you know, that's what normal adults who met each other a week ago do. They don't hang out and flirt and get to know each other. They just declare their love like a John Cusack movie.

I love this cast. Even the racist.

Oh, my friend, Caleb's crush on Amber passed "scary" a long time ago. He's like 2 days from shooting the president to impress her.

Production is sitting in the backroom with a taser for if she rejects him (she will). Let's have a different kind of shitshow this year.

I bet they are really regretting the film where it looks like Caleb murdered a whole bunch of people.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

jordguitar posted:

Donny won the veto so it looks like he will be sticking around for a bit longer.

YAY!!

STAC Goat posted:

Oh god, I hope he does this during After Dark. He's this year's Danielle.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

The scariest part of Caleb was how he kept telling Amber that he knows she likes him. It doesn't help that he looks like his two favorite hobbies after hunting are date rape and rape rape.

Also super happy about Donny getting veto.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, he totally dropped a "if she says she doesn't like me I'll know its just that she's afraid to admit it" during one of his many rants. Make no mistake, he's a creepy stalker at best and at worst he has a girl tied up in his basement.

Donny the groundskeeper is bonding with Derrick the Parks and Recs guy over lawn care. It would be hilarious if Donny exposed Derrick's lie through some weird, intimate knowledge of pesticides or crabgrass.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, he totally dropped a "if she says she doesn't like me I'll know its just that she's afraid to admit it" during one of his many rants. Make no mistake, he's a creepy stalker at best and at worst he has a girl tied up in his basement.

Donny the groundskeeper is bonding with Derrick the Parks and Recs guy over lawn care. It would be hilarious if Donny exposed Derrick's lie through some weird, intimate knowledge of pesticides or crabgrass.

derrick was a parks and rec dude before becoming a cop, so i think he'll be okay on that front

Ana Lucia Cortez
Mar 22, 2008

Just ordered the live feeds. I keep seeing ads saying you can view them on your smart TV -- how?! I have a Samsung. I've tried Samsung Link but that seems to only apply to videos & photos on your hard drive. The TV web browser is garbage and won't play the feeds either.

I know I can just hook up my laptop with HDMI, but my laptop is lovely and gets overheated when I stream video for very long. I'm hoping there is another way.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

STAC Goat posted:

GAH! Okay, I'm less excited to watch Caleb's eventual rejection. This sounds more scary than hilarious.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm putting faith in CBS protecting her. And I have no doubt Devin would leap into action if she was threatened. When you think about it the best thing that could happen for everyone is for him to lose it in the controlled environment of the house with cameras rolling. Staff on hand to stop him and plenty of admissible footage for court. We can save the next anonymous Texan waitress who smiled when she gave him his coffee.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Ana Lucia Cortez posted:

Just ordered the live feeds. I keep seeing ads saying you can view them on your smart TV -- how?! I have a Samsung. I've tried Samsung Link but that seems to only apply to videos & photos on your hard drive. The TV web browser is garbage and won't play the feeds either.
If you have an iPhone or iPad with the HDMI out video adapter that would work. Other ways would be use a Xbox360/PS3/PS4 and stream it to the tv. I'd say you could also use an Xbone (the third Xbox) but no one actually owns that POS and if they did they've likely chucked it out the window by now anyways.

My laptop has an HDMI out so I do it that way or if your computer and tv are close together run an HDMI cable from your vidya card to the teevee.

Maybe check to see if the CBS app can be added to your Samsung apps or if Samsung has an app that can be a media server to shoot the picture to the tv from your compy.

Curtis of Nigeria
Jan 9, 2009

Ana Lucia Cortez posted:

I know I can just hook up my laptop with HDMI, but my laptop is lovely and gets overheated when I stream video for very long. I'm hoping there is another way.

I'd like to know if this is possible as well... I've been using Chromecast to stream to tv and it is better than expected so far. Most of what I stream from Chromecast usually comes in poorly.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Do we have a feeds chat room going this year?

Pahonix
May 29, 2004

Hooked on pahonix workid for meh!

STAC Goat posted:

Everyone seems to know who Frankie's sister is.

Really? To be fair, I haven't watched every minute of the feeds, but I haven't seen or heard anyone say anything about this. Who knows?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

Do we have a feeds chat room going this year?
We could set one up on goon approved irc.synirc.net but we have to use a different channel than #bigbrother cause that's the one the SA Big Brother forum game uses for whatever it is they do in there. It auto kicks you out.

So... squat on #bb16?

IRC has been a deadzone mostly for chat in past seasons 'cept during big events like Endurance Challenges and not everyone wants to deal with scary internet badlands IRC. Last year we kind of built a round robin of friends using the CBS chat box but it's pretty lovely and slow.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I dont know if I am just drunk as gently caress, but this word association game they are playing (123... got it) is crazy, and it is blowing my mind how good Frankie seems to be at it.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

JakeP posted:

I dont know if I am just drunk as gently caress, but this word association game they are playing (123... got it) is crazy, and it is blowing my mind how good Frankie seems to be at it.
Whatever happened to BIZZ-BUZZ or Indian Signs?

These kids today, right?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Outside finally got opened.

About to head to bed, but I'm really wanting to see when Caleb finally murders confesses to Amber tonight.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Teek posted:

Outside finally got opened.

About to head to bed, but I'm really wanting to see when Caleb finally murders confesses to Amber tonight.

Yeah I was hoping that was going to happen nowish but they are still playing pool and she was inside the whole time and I need to get some sleep. If anything cool happens drop a timestamp in here!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Caleb made a couple of tries earlier in the night to talk to Amber but there were people in the room socializing and having a good time so he just sat nervously and stared as he usually does when there are people around. He never said a word to Amber as far as I saw but he got so awkward and nervous that the cameras started just giving closeups of his hands fidgeting. I nearly choked on my dinner.

He talked to the boys about it and said he hates it when a girl "pretends" she's not interested because she doesn't want people to know so she "talks to everyone expect you." Yep. Amber has been clearly giving Caleb the cold shoulder today (especially ever since Derrick flat out told her Caleb was into her and looking to make a move) but sadly Crazy Caleb has decided that its not because she's not interested but rather because she's afraid that if they enter into a showmance it will ruin their games.

Sadly (or amusingly, depending on your perspective) Derrick seems to have decided to instigate this either to mess up people's games or for his own sick amusement. Not only did he tell Amber earlier in the day but he's been seriously encouraging Caleb in his delusion. Thanks to Evil Derrick's pushing Caleb now plans to tell Amber that everyone already "knows" they're in a showmance so its silly for her to play these games.

So yeah. We've taken a large step deeper into Taxi Driver territory. It continues to walk that fine line between hilarious and terrifying.

And now Cody and Zach have joined in on the clearly mocking encouragement of Caleb and he's eating it up.

Pahonix posted:

Really? To be fair, I haven't watched every minute of the feeds, but I haven't seen or heard anyone say anything about this. Who knows?

I probably jumped the gun on that one. He was wishing her a happy birthday openly by name when feeds came on and someone said something that made it seem like they knew, but I haven't heard anything to confirm it since then. So yeah, I probably made a bad assumption.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jun 28, 2014

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
I wonder how many women are having PTSD symptoms from seeing Caleb on tv. A lot, probably.

So there is pretty much nothing Amber can do that would convince him she's not into him. I bet she could self-evict, saying "that psycho Caleb is creeping me out. I'm going home," and he'd think it was because she didn't want to embarrass her family by having a romantic relationship on camera, and he'll just look her up when they get out. I see a restraining order in his future.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
So Zach and Frankie believe they will just coast to f2 because they are so good at the game. Can't wait to see them both go up against each other in 1-2 weeks.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

violetdragon posted:

I wonder how many women are having PTSD symptoms from seeing Caleb on tv. A lot, probably.

So there is pretty much nothing Amber can do that would convince him she's not into him. I bet she could self-evict, saying "that psycho Caleb is creeping me out. I'm going home," and he'd think it was because she didn't want to embarrass her family by having a romantic relationship on camera, and he'll just look her up when they get out. I see a restraining order in his future.

Yeah. The whole thing is kind of crossing the line and getting less amusing to me now that he's shifted from "awkward and nervous" to "rapey." Who'd have thought being a racist would be the least of his creepy character?

Now that he's openly talking all macho about it with the guys and they're clearly egging him on and having fun with it its just a matter of time before this becomes house gossip. So at least this is going to come to a head soon? Probably? I guess its better that it comes out in the open than Amber keeps having to walk on eggshells around her would be sex offender. If nothing else it should turn the majority of the house against Caleb if he doesn't cool it once this goes public.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Pow Pow giving Caleb advice on how to woo Amber "read the bible with her".

Edit: Caleb just said "sex ruins relationships" and that he would wait until he married Amber to have sex with her.

GaussianCopula fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jun 28, 2014

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh, you need the context.

Pao Pao: Stop telling her fight stories.
Caleb: I only told her one.
Pao Pao: Stop it! Why don't you read the Bible with her? You guys have that in common.

Paula's working Caleb hard to try and keep him on her side but even she knows this is kind of crazy. Caleb is super losing it.

"It irritates me when I want to give someone attention but they don't want it."

That sums up this story in a nutshell. And the Defense's case.

Now he's juggling to try and impress her. I just can't...

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Jun 28, 2014

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
This is some Billy Garcia level stuff here, I hope it ends as funny.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

JakeP posted:

The big difference being that Billy looked like this:

while Caleb looks like this:

and seems to have interests that are closely aligned with those of Amber (guns, hunting). It just looks he might not be Amber's type.

Caleb seems to be a nice guy and not the bigoted rapist some people make him out to be. Hell he sleeps in the same bed as Frankie for gods sake.

GaussianCopula fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jun 28, 2014

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Creepy Caleb updates...

Last night Amber sat near him. Caleb then started juggling to impress her and she said she wanted to learn. Caleb was happy. But then Devin said he wanted to learn and Amber slinked away. Caleb was sad.

Paula talked to him about Amber, recommending caution and patience. She suggested he stop telling stories about fighting and killing things and instead talk to her about the Bible. Caleb seemed disappointed to lose his A moves but thought about it. Pao Pao also encouraged him to wait "two or three days", which is oddly the rough time for the POV Ceremony to happen and Caleb to lose all his power.

Amber and Nicole were doing their makeup in HOH.
Nicole: "Are you going to sleep up here?"
Amber: "No! I'm never sleeping anywhere without girls."

Frankie and Amber were talking in HOH when Caleb arrived. Caleb told Amber she should hang out with him and Frankie (they sleep together) and she said "Maybe." She then went to bed. Later Caleb came back up to HOH and shouted "Where's my girlfriend?! She said she'd hang out!" She then said he was going down to get her but Frankie said he would. He didn't.

During their nightly pillow talk Caleb asked Frankie if he should ask to read the Bible with Amber. Frankie asked if Caleb has a Bible and he said no so Frankie suggested he just ask to borrow Amber's Bible.

This morning when music played apparently Amber and Caleb danced in the backyard and Amber took off Caleb's hat. We know this even though the feeds were off because Caleb retold the story multiple times. After it happened he ran to his HOH and grabbed a beer but by the time he got back the music had stopped and Amber had gone to bed. Sad Caleb poured his beer out in the sink.

This has been a true story. Nothing has been fabricated or embellished for drama.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I guess the lesson here is that looks have nothing to do with whether or not you act like a total dweeb around girls you like. 90% of his stress and disappointment would be gone if he just talked to her like a normal human being and they got to know each other a bit before being honest with her about his feelings.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

This still has the potential to end innocently enough, as I think Frankie will talk him down. I know he was in the military so I honestly wonder if maybe he just doesn't have much experience with this women stuff.

From his interview though:

Finish this sentence: My life’s motto is… If you want something bad enough, do whatever you got to do to get it; no matter the consequence.

Uh oh

What would you take into the house and why: My bible just to get my daily word in and scriptures to give me guidance and peace.

Well he apparently didn't bring it!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm completely convinced there's some sad story in Caleb's past that led him to spend the rest of his life overcompensating and desperately seeking approval. In two days I've seen him boast about his hunting skills, his fighting skills, how he's modeled and people wanted him to act, he was a record breaking high school football player and the only white guy on his basketball team, he waltzes and knows the Dirty Dancing routine, he juggles, he does one handed cartwheels, he competitive body builds and has been both impressively huge and impressively lean, he writes songs and loves to sing, he plays piano, and in high school he won a statewide poetry contest.

I know all this off of two days of feeds because he never loving shuts up about how awesome he is. "Overcompensation" and "insecurity" don't even begin to cover it. I expect to one day turn on the feeds and see this guy riding a unicycle or performing a magic routine.

Here's my totally made up origin story. Young Caleb was pudgy. Not obese, just some baby fat. He had a crush on the pretty girl at school who we'll call Mamber. One day he decided to profess his love to her so he went on stage during lunch time and said he loved her. She rejected him and everyone laughed. Caleb was so embarrassed he cried and peed his pants. He ran home to get comfort from his mommy but when he got home daddy told him she had left them because she didn't love them. Caleb was heartbroken but daddy said "don't feel so bad, she wasn't your real mommy anyway. Your real parents out you up for adoption because they didn't want you." Then he pantsed Caleb and gave him a wedgie.

THAT would explain to me why he seems this driven to prove to the world that he's awesome in every way.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
lol man Caleb is Reality TV gold, who would have loving guessed

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
Apparently, Caleb is thinking he might need to back off Amber, because she wants to move to LA, but he'd totally be willing to move for her.

Have they had more than one or two conversations?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

No.

They really, really haven't.

I want to apologize to GM for mocking her "relationship" with Nick. That now feels like it made more sense.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

STAC Goat posted:

No.

They really, really haven't.

I want to apologize to GM for mocking her "relationship" with Nick. That now feels like it made more sense.

I don't. GM was/is still batshit loving crazy.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

She is/was. But at least Nick was leading her on, sharing her bed, and in general acknowledging her existence.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

JakeP posted:

Billy was chasing someone out of his league though. Caleb could conceivably recover from any stumbles just because he's good looking... if he at some point realizes dating 101 is about initiative and not just crushing on someone.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Spiky Ooze posted:

Billy was chasing someone out of his league though. Caleb could conceivably recover from any stumbles just because he's good looking... if he at some point realizes dating 101 is about initiative and not just crushing on someone.

And if he can't "recover," he can just lock her in one of the Have Not ice chests until she's willing to admit she actually loves him too, deep down.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ok, so we have some non Creepy Caleb drama tonight.

Caleb is going to backdoor Joey. Everyone knows this. But Caleb has been lying and going to a few random people asking them to tell him who they want to go up and he'll just do what the house wants. Thing is, Caleb is sloppy and didn't ask everyone and Joey's been asking around. So Joey went to Caleb and asked him about it and Caleb said he had talked to everyone. Joey said "Well, a bunch of people say you haven't and you haven't asked me." Caleb says "yes, I did." So Joey announced to the house that Caleb was polling everyone so they should make sure he talks to them. Caleb then ran to hide in his HOH.

Now Joey is an idiot and playing this all wrong but she's caught Caleb in a blatant lie and he has no idea how to handle it. And what Joey lacks in brains she makes up for in balls so she could push this and create some drama. It almost certainly won't save her but she might be able to expose/take down some people on her way out the door. Maybe, maybe not. But its nice for something to happen that isn't Devin being an rear end in a top hat or Caleb being a creeper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

STAC I'm hearing Zach set Joey up to publicly call out Devin let's get a writeup chum

• Locked thread