Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Goddamn, Victoria is an awesome goat to bring this far. I've not seen too many seasons of this show, so who is the best goat ever brought to F2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Gina Marie was a top tier goat

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
A goat is a goat if they don't know they are a goat. She knows she can't win and is actively helping Derrick. She has looked at the camera and directly addressed Derrick's wife and kid by name and said, "I can't win. So I'm going to help Derrick win it for you guys". She's a grade a ditz and bad at comps, but that takes an incredible amount of self awareness and maturity to admit that and to all but walk away from half a million bucks.

Derrick owes her half the winnings if she doesn't make it to f2

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Goddamn, Victoria is an awesome goat to bring this far. I've not seen too many seasons of this show, so who is the best goat ever brought to F2?
Victoria is the goatiest goat to ever goat as far as this series goes.

Honorable mentions in previous season:

BB3 - Lisa Donahue would have been a great goat for Danielle Reyes to win the game but this was before jury sequester. The evicted houseguests got to see the broadcasts and Danielle's DRs where she was much more candid about how she felt about certain houseguests and ultimately the jury turned on her as a result. Jury sequester began the next year with BB4 to prevent that from happening again.

BB5 - Drew Daniel bringing along Michael "Cowboy" Ellis as his goat sealed his win as Cowboy was seen as a buffoon and a joke to the entire house (he really was).

BB7 "All Stars" - Erika Landin was Mike "Boogie" Malin's goat and a good one too as none of the jury respected her floater/cling to the power game. She was an awful All Star and was chosen as an alternate after a bigger name had to drop out (I forget who).

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008

Robnoxious posted:

Victoria is the goatiest goat to ever goat as far as this series goes.

Honorable mentions in previous season:

BB3 - Lisa Donahue would have been a great goat for Danielle Reyes to win the game but this was before jury sequester. The evicted houseguests got to see the broadcasts and Danielle's DRs where she was much more candid about how she felt about certain houseguests and ultimately the jury turned on her as a result. Jury sequester began the next year with BB4 to prevent that from happening again.

BB5 - Drew Daniel bringing along Michael "Cowboy" Ellis as his goat sealed his win as Cowboy was seen as a buffoon and a joke to the entire house (he really was).

BB7 "All Stars" - Erika Landin was Mike "Boogie" Malin's goat and a good one too as none of the jury respected her floater/cling to the power game. She was an awful All Star and was chosen as an alternate after a bigger name had to drop out (I forget who).

Cowboy wasn't a great goat considering he picked up 3 out of 7 votes. I guess he was a goat in the sense that Drew took him to the end over Diane because Diane would have crushed him, but it wasn't really a Victoria-esque situation of being kept around for weeks and weeks with no real alliance just to score an easy win against.

Erika was kind of an accidental goat. It's true she was just following Boogie (and, by proxy, Will) for the whole game and never would have won, but she was never intended to be in the Final 2. IIRC, Boogie was a dope and was fully planning to go to the end with Will, and Will certainly would have beaten him. Things went flying off the rails when Janelle and Erika banded together at the last minute and got Will out at the Final 4, resulting in Boogie sulking for a few days with no real plan or strategy. He did eventually put together that he might be able to cobble together a win if he won the last HoH and took Erika over Janelle, but that plan only came together in the last few days.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
For all the hate Boogie gets he did give us some pretty fun moments. His homage to Richard Hatch was awesome.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hG_x5zbO2oQ

Slightly sandbagged by his winning parts two and three, but still awesome.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Tide posted:

He's just vile. A vile human being with the maturity of a spoiled 7 year old girl. Sadly when he's voted out and (HOPEFULLY PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN) booed he's going to think it is because America hates him because he's gay and dressed in drag.

Too bad every season has had a gay player and they have never been booed.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yeah Wil from 14 I don't think was hated and he was about as stereotypical as Frankie, but not as nasty to people.

Tellara
May 2, 2003

Quality Custom Glassware Since 1923

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Yeah Wil from 14 I don't think was hated and he was about as stereotypical as Frankie, but not as nasty to people.

Wil was great, went out pretty early though

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yeah I don't think he made jury. The point is it would be a hard debate to win since big brother has a token gay character pretty much every season. Now that being problematic is another debate entirely but it's at least a good indicator that the viewer base of big brother as a whole doesn't hate Frankie for being gay and he should be self aware enough to know that being a "super fan".

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Wil ended up being far more entertaining AFTER he went home. He was pretty lame for the 2 weeks or so he was on the show.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Is tonight an eviction night?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Tide posted:

Is tonight an eviction night?

On CBS? No it isn't. In the actual house? I have no idea since I kind of gave up watching the feeds.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
I think the eviction might be during the day tomorrow. BB has told them to go to bed early and look nice in the morning. They said it was for activities, but I think they're airing an eviction on Tuesday, so it kinda makes sense that it could be an eviction.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The general theory seems to be that today (Monday) they'll turn the feeds off and film some footage for After Dark, the eviction, and HOH. Then POV tomorrow and the feeds turn back on after the episode airs. But that seems to be all speculation based on past seasons. I haven't seen anything confirmed.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I saw some confirmation about it. The sad thing is we won't get to see if Cody and Derrick tell Frankie he's fine and have him dress in the short-shorts then kick him out of the house.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

sbaldrick posted:

I saw some confirmation about it. The sad thing is we won't get to see if Cody and Derrick tell Frankie he's fine and have him dress in the short-shorts then kick him out of the house.

They'll show some of that in the episode, I think. They always show some talking after the POV ceremony and before the eviction, to build suspense or something.

Feeds are on highlights until after Tuesday's show. Before they went down, the HGs were tie-dyeing shirts from kits they were given. I guess that was the footage for After Dark.

Pahonix
May 29, 2004

Hooked on pahonix workid for meh!
Latest Jokers rankings history infographic:

Only two significant changes since last eviction:
* Derrick enjoying a pretty nice rise in the rankings over the course of the #BBRewind
* Cody(?) getting a slight bump in the last few days - I'm going to guess it's his shower scenes on the tv show :fap:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They're probably both getting a little boost for pushing so hard to get Frankie out. Its the GM affect like when she was briefly kind of a fan favorite when she focused her crazy on Amanda and nominated McRanda.

Its nice to know that when the feeds turn back on Frankie probably won't be there. I only need to hear that voice on the tv show now.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

STAC Goat posted:

They're probably both getting a little boost for pushing so hard to get Frankie out. Its the GM affect like when she was briefly kind of a fan favorite when she focused her crazy on Amanda and nominated McRanda.

Its nice to know that when the feeds turn back on Frankie probably won't be there. I only need to hear that voice on the tv show now.

Would this mean he doesn't get evicted to a live audience? That would be tragic.

So are the feeds off? We're for sure getting an eviction?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Bashez posted:

Would this mean he doesn't get evicted to a live audience? That would be tragic.

So are the feeds off? We're for sure getting an eviction?

There is literally no reason there wouldn't be an audience there for evictions. It is no different than filming a talk show, which is almost never a live broadcast.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

ToastyPotato posted:

There is literally no reason there wouldn't be an audience there for evictions. It is no different than filming a talk show, which is almost never a live broadcast.

Yeah but its probably an audience filled with CBS employees and therefore there will be no booing. Which sucks.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Bashez posted:

There will be an audience but it'll be filled mostly with obedient CBS employees and assorted seat fillers.
There has been nothing about tickets being available for tonight's show.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
It sucks that Frankie won't know how hated he is until the shows over

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

JakeP posted:

It sucks that Frankie won't know how hated he is until the shows over

Wouldn't be surprised if the Grandes have a legal team that told CBS that they couldn't do anything to hurt the public perception of the Grande family as they are in a sense a brand unto themselves. Most of his poor behavior has been left unaired as it is.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
A good bit of his bad behavior is really floating around the net as of late. I found most of it via twitter #bb16 hashtag. The last one I watched was about 8 minutes long on dailymotion of all things. He's getting trounced pretty hard. Hopefully hard enough that he just disappears forever.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In defense of the show, it's not like they purposely planned a taped show for Frankie's eviction. Timing just worked out that way. They probably screen the taped eviction audience no matter what because they don't want spoilers being leaked. Its a tragedy if he doesn't get booed because of a planted audience but its not a conspiracy.

I mean, they definitely gave Frankie a golden edit. Even after they finally started editing him as the villain it was still a majorly censored and protected villain. But this taped eviction being his is no more planned than the button was meant to screw him. poo poo just worked out that way.

Speaking of leaks, the feeds random turned on few minutes ago and guess which pink haired attention whore wasn't in the house? Nothing else obvious to report. They were all getting ready for the POV. Derrick was in HOH but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Cody or Victoria would obviously give him plenty of access even if one of them was HOH.

Tide posted:

A good bit of his bad behavior is really floating around the net as of late. I found most of it via twitter #bb16 hashtag. The last one I watched was about 8 minutes long on dailymotion of all things. He's getting trounced pretty hard. Hopefully hard enough that he just disappears forever.

Frankie's definitely not escaped this entirely even with the show editing him well. TMZ and Huffington Post have done stories on poo poo he's said and Twitter has had negative trends about him a couple of times. I think #AnyoneButFrankie trended after the button Rewind and I read that #HappyFrankieEvictionDay was floating around today. Then there's things like Jokers polls and super cuts on youtube.

Frankie hate is real and palpable.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Sep 16, 2014

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

In defense of the show, it's not like they purposely planned a taped show for Frankie's eviction. Timing just worked out that way. They probably screen the taped eviction audience no matter what because they don't want spoilers being leaked. Its a tragedy if he doesn't get booed because of a planted audience but its not a conspiracy.

I mean, they definitely gave Frankie a golden edit. Even after they finally started editing him as the villain it was still a majorly censored and protected villain. But this taped eviction being his is no more planned than the button was meant to screw him. poo poo just worked out that way.

Speaking of leaks, the feeds random turned on few minutes ago and guess which pink haired attention whore wasn't in the house? Nothing else obvious to report. They were all getting ready for the POV. Derrick was in HOH but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Cody or Victoria would obviously give him plenty of access even if one of them was HOH.

Frankie's definitely not escaped this entirely even with the show editing him well. TMZ and Huffington Post have done stories on poo poo he's said and Twitter has had negative trends about him a couple of times. I think #AnyoneButFrankie trended after the button Rewind and I read that #HappyFrankieEvictionDay was floating around today. Then there's things like Jokers polls and super cuts on youtube.

Frankie hate is real and palpable.

He will spin it ala Omarosa from The Apprentice.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Looks like the HOH is Derrick, there's a #1 Dad license plate in the HOH.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So that means Derrick pulled it off. He went the ENTIRE game without being nominated, despite there being four or five nominees most weeks. That's kind of insane. If Derrick wins he's basically got a "perfect game."

ToastyPotato posted:

I don't totally get the reference but I think I get the point. He's already claimed that any true star has as much haters as fans "because Madonna said so." He started the spin right after the "overwhelming no" for his play. He'll have enough fans from his sister and the random ones he legitimately has that he'll probably hide behind them and inflate the idea. And the truth is Frankie will probably jump on a plane and join Ariana's entourage and enjoy her new stardom. Eagle eyed BB fans will see him on his sister's arm at the next Billboard Awards or VMA red carpet as long as she doesn't crash and burn before then.

But the hate is out there and its alive and the "social media mogul" is going to have to deal with that. He went into this house expecting to become a star and maybe even his sister's equal. He's leaving to not only being hated but his sister is an even bigger star than when he went in. He didn't even get to enjoy the sweet spot of when she was the "it girl" before the backlash began.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

STAC Goat posted:

So that means Derrick pulled it off. He went the ENTIRE game without being nominated, despite there being four or five nominees most weeks. That's kind of insane. If Derrick wins he's basically got a "perfect game."

Feasibly he could lose the Final HOH and be considered "nominated", I don't see that happening though.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

ToastyPotato posted:

Frankie isn't nasty enough for that kind of Spin. People can hate a villein but they hate Frankie for his personality.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

sbaldrick posted:

Frankie isn't nasty enough for that kind of Spin. People can hate a villein but they hate Frankie for his personality.

I can't speak for what she is up to today but her initial strategy was to pull a "people love to hate me" type deal and people actually ended up making references to being the next Omarosa at some point.

I don't think it would totally work for Frankie, but I can see him trying to embrace being the "person you love to hate" persona in an attempt to stay relevant.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Teek posted:

Feasibly he could lose the Final HOH and be considered "nominated", I don't see that happening though.

True, I guess. But no one has pulled that off if I remember right. BB3 Danielle and Jason were never nominated until F3 but Lisa won the HOH. BBCan1 Jillian was never nominated but didn't win final HOH. If Derrick wins Final HOH then he legit has done nothing anyone else has ever done. But even if he doesn't the sheer number of nominations he's dodged between 16 houseguests, BotB, a returning juror, and a Rewind is pretty insane.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

True, I guess. But no one has pulled that off if I remember right. BB3 Danielle and Jason were never nominated until F3 but Lisa won the HOH. BBCan1 Jillian was never nominated but didn't win final HOH. If Derrick wins Final HOH then he legit has done nothing anyone else has ever done. But even if he doesn't the sheer number of nominations he's dodged between 16 houseguests, BotB, a returning juror, and a Rewind is pretty insane.

It would seem so much better if he weren't playing with possibly one of the worst casts ever.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

True, but you don't pick your opponents. And the truth is that part of the reason he's dealing with so many idiots is because he got out anyone he ever thought might challenge him. Players who were onto him like Donny or Nicole or strong willed people who couldn't be controlled like Hayden or Brittany all went home or were isolated largely by Derrick's moves.

I definitely don't think this was the strongest cast and the BotB is a huge asterisk on the season that made the first half way too easy for the guys. But still, Derrick somehow managed to run this game from beginning to end without ever touching the block. That's nuts when you think about it no matter who was playing.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
What happens if Cody or Caleb take Victoria to f2?

Curtis of Nigeria
Jan 9, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

IMO, put an asterisk by his name. Battle of the Block and his 20-person alliance made it easier for him to evade nominations every week. There were only two weeks of BoB in which two bomb squad members did not win dual HoH. Of those two weeks, Derrick was co-HoH with Nicole week 3; and Nicole won alongside Donny in week 6, and week 7 with Christine. He really has not done much to achieve a flawless victory, so it really is not that impressive. Hell, Cody was only nominated twice: By vote of skittles and by Frankie last week.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

BotB complicates things. Sure, it made it easier to control the house, but it also meant that there were 4 people on the block each week. Many of those nominees were stooges meant to throw the competition, but it's still remarkable that Derrick was never chosen to be one of those stooges. If he makes it to the final 2 he definitely deserves full credit, I think.

Speaking of final 3, if Derrick doesn't win HoH, do you think anyone takes him? Victoria definitely will. If Cody has to choose between Caleb and Derrick, he'll definitely choose Derrick, but would he be dumb enough not to realize Victoria is the perfect goat if she's in the final 3? Caleb is too confident in his Beast Mode supremacy to realize that he needs a goat and he has his weird machismo loyalty going on. I think he chooses Derrick no matter what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

ToastyPotato posted:

It would seem so much better if he weren't playing with possibly one of the worst casts ever.

I said it a while ago but my fear is Derrick will get the Kim Spradlin treatment and not get the respect his game deserves. He's played a fantastic game all the way through and run circles around his opposition. Part of why this cast looks so lame is how well Derrick has played.

Barring a last second train derailment he's playing at very least a top five game.

• Locked thread