Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Ernie. posted:

##vote byers

Pretty much confirmed scum imo

The way he's trying to push that what I'm doing is scummy screams that he knows magres will flip town

Yeah, pretty much. I was teetering on it before that case he made on you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

##unvote

The old fake turbo to catch a scum truck aye?

Byers why are you so confident with so little information?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Shall we not go on in such great a cause?

##vote Byers

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Byers clearly knows Magres is, at the very least, not mafia. ##vote byers plus turbos are only funny if you pull it off before the person posts

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
##vote Byers :shrug:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Philip J. Fry posted:

Hey PM, right now the deadline is at 9PM on 4th of July.... I know weekend deadlines tend to suck but I'm guessing a good half of the idiots in here (myself included) will be too drunk to participate at deadline.

Or we can just turbo lynch magres.

Fine. The deadline is now set to when you'll be angrily coming out of the fog of hangover.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Confirming

##vote bowmore definitely seems like scum this game

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

I am pretty sure I have an 80% success rate on hitting scum with D1 turbos.

What more do you need?

Also his reaction to the turbo was pretty meh... why not just claim?

My reaction to the turbo was meh because you're a moron. If it's a game where people are going to actually turbo me for no reason, then it's going to be a stupid game and I want none of it. If you want my claim you can have it in my flip.

Also this thing on Byers is stupid. Use your brains a little and ##vote Ernie. Turbo happy as gently caress.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Opopanax posted:

Byers clearly knows Magres is, at the very least, not mafia. ##vote byers plus turbos are only funny if you pull it off before the person posts

I would agree with this and will vote byers or quidnose today. I kind of prefer quidnose, but byers for turbo happy fun time. What's the vote count?

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Magres posted:

My reaction to the turbo was meh because you're a moron. If it's a game where people are going to actually turbo me for no reason, then it's going to be a stupid game and I want none of it. If you want my claim you can have it in my flip.

Also this thing on Byers is stupid. Use your brains a little and ##vote Ernie. Turbo happy as gently caress.

Turbos rule hth

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Votecount is Byers at 5 iirc. Not positive, I'm at work and votefinder gets blocked here :( but I checked it on my phone a couple hours ago

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Votecount for Day 1

Byers2142 (5): merk, Ernie., Kumbamontu, Opopanax, bowmore
Ernie. (2): Opopanax, Opopanax, Byers2142, Magres
Magres (2): Ernie., Opopanax, mr.capps, Hal Incandenza, bowmore, windshipper, windshipper, merk, Philip J. Fry, merk, Ernie., Philip J. Fry, Opopanax, bowmore
Quidnose (1): Quidnose, windshipper, Quidnose
windshipper (1): Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, Quidnose
bowmore (1): Quidnose, Quidnose, Slamburger
Hal Incandenza (0): bowmore, bowmore
merk (0): Philip J. Fry, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, Opopanax, Opopanax, Ernie., Ernie., Philip J. Fry
Opopanax (0): Opopanax, Opopanax
mr.capps (0): Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza

Not Voting (2): Philip J. Fry, Sandwolf

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 05th, 2014 at 3:01 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Lets test Magres' ideals and see how they hold up if we turbo ernie
##vote ernie

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Byers knowing Magres will flip town is more convincing than Magres having a poor reaction to the turbo or Ernie being a jerk. ##vote Byers

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm a moron??? Got my eye on you Magres

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Quidnose posted:

Byers knowing Magres will flip town is more convincing than Magres having a poor reaction to the turbo or Ernie being a jerk. ##vote Byers

HMMMMMMMMMMMM

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Windshipper why are you being intentionally obtuse and framing it in having grand insight on my play at this point.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Quidnose posted:

Windshipper why are you being intentionally obtuse and framing it in having grand insight on my play at this point.

How am I being intentionally obtuse? :confused:

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

I also am not claiming anything about knowing how you play. I'm saying your phrasing and posts earlier were awkward and scummy. That has nothing to do with any ~intimate knowledge~ of your play or you, but just a straight up fact.

I also find byers scummy, for the aforementioned reasons. You voting byers then puts me in something of a conundrum. Hence the HMMMMMMMMM

Your reaction to, that though, leaves me little choice but to keep my vote on you.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Literally using "intentionally obtuse" sounds ten times more intentionally obtuse.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

way to leave windshipper with no choice Quidnose

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

BIG WORDS BRAIN HURT ANGER MAKE

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

windshipper posted:

BIG WORDS BRAIN HURT ANGER MAKE

Never be discouraged. If I were sunk in the lowest pits of Nova Scotia, with the Rocky Mountains piled on me, I would hang on, exercise faith, and keep up good courage, and I would come out on top.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

LOUD NOISES!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Magres posted:

How is this a thing? I made a joke vote on you and it turned into a turbo (I would've stuck with it), and then I made a serious vote on Byers and it also turned into a turbo. Just because I'm the first one on turbos doesn't change the fact that people are agreeing with them, and that half the thread is turbo happy, and where the hell do you get off not voting Byers is really what I'm trying to ask here.

mr.capps posted:

Lets test Magres' ideals and see how they hold up if we turbo ernie
##vote ernie

Capps gets it.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I'd like to take some time out of my day to mention that Byers has disappeared after laying it on thick earlier on. HOW CONVENIENT.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Ernie. posted:

I'd like to take some time out of my day to mention that Byers has disappeared after laying it on thick earlier on. HOW CONVENIENT.

What do you think of Quid?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Ernie. posted:

How is this a thing? I made a joke vote on you and it turned into a turbo (I would've stuck with it), and then I made a serious vote on Byers and it also turned into a turbo. Just because I'm the first one on turbos doesn't change the fact that people are agreeing with them, and that half the thread is turbo happy, and where the hell do you get off not voting Byers is really what I'm trying to ask here.

Capps gets it.

On me you threw it down and then spent the rest of the day fluffposting until you switched to Byers on pretenses I still don't really get, because I don't see where Byers implied he knew I'd flip town :confused:

Just seems like a couple of bad votes trying to slip under the radar as 'oh poo poo I jokevoted then killed someone whoops *whistles innocently*'

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Magres posted:

On me you threw it down and then spent the rest of the day fluffposting until you switched to Byers on pretenses I still don't really get, because I don't see where Byers implied he knew I'd flip town :confused:

Just seems like a couple of bad votes trying to slip under the radar as 'oh poo poo I jokevoted then killed someone whoops *whistles innocently*'

Turbos are serious business, bro.

You can also learn a lot about people through their reactions to them, how they vote, and when they vote on them. I mean that completely seriously, as well.

In addition, what are your thoughts on Quidnose?

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

##vote Byers

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Philip J. Fry posted:

##vote Byers

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Same question to you, bro.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
When God commands, do it!

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Kumbamontu posted:

When God commands, do it!

And to you!

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

I'll vote byers as well, but I want peoples' thoughts on quidnose first, before I do so.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

windshipper posted:

Turbos are serious business, bro.

You can also learn a lot about people through their reactions to them, how they vote, and when they vote on them. I mean that completely seriously, as well.

In addition, what are your thoughts on Quidnose?

I like neither his vote/unvote on Bowmore (like he gave a justification that's plenty good enough for D1 votes then immediately dropped the vote for no apparent reason), nor his vote on Byers (for the same reason I didn't like Ernie's vote on Byers).

I'd be perfectly comfortable with lynching Quid (ie I will vote him as needed, and you can consider this a soft vote), but I'm currently happy with my hard vote where it's at.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Also I'm kind of getting a feeling that Ernie may be being disingenuous.

Ernie. posted:

##vote byers

Pretty much confirmed scum imo

The way he's trying to push that what I'm doing is scummy screams that he knows magres will flip town

I agree with this, but...

Ernie. posted:

Ernie of all people should know that there's like, a million reasons, why people wouldn't be around during the middle of the day to respond.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

windshipper posted:

Also I'm kind of getting a feeling that Ernie may be being disingenuous.

To be honest for a second: I did that intentionally, and I didn't enjoy it. I've been intentionally scummy for my past few games just to mess about but I don't think I'll be keeping it up this game.

windshipper posted:

What do you think of Quid?

Quid's scum when he's being dumb. Usually he has convictions and reservations and he'll stick pretty strongly to them, but when he's scum he usually gets hung up on pushing bad cases and responding to non-issues. The only thing I remember of Quiddy this game is his little fight with you, and that seemed earnest.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Ernie. posted:

To be honest for a second: I did that intentionally, and I didn't enjoy it. I've been intentionally scummy for my past few games just to mess about but I don't think I'll be keeping it up this game.

Why? On all accounts in this quote, why to all of them?

posted:

Quid's scum when he's being dumb. Usually he has convictions and reservations and he'll stick pretty strongly to them, but when he's scum he usually gets hung up on pushing bad cases and responding to non-issues. The only thing I remember of Quiddy this game is his little fight with you, and that seemed earnest.

How so?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

windshipper posted:

And to you!

Never give up an old tried friend, who has waded through all manner of toil, for your sake, and throw him away because fools may tell you he has some faults.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Hey guys, I'm going to be out and inaccessible for a few hours here. So, just in case, NO POSTING AFTER THE HAMMER!

• Locked thread