Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Sounds fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Asiina posted:

I actually didn't like New Vegas as much as Fallout 3, ending notwithstanding. My secret shame.

Same. I liked the Capital Wasteland better than the New Old West :shrug:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Kumbamontu posted:

Yes indeed! And only one name I don't recognize!

Aw man it's me isn't it :smith:

Everyone else I see on the list are names I recognize so I assume it's me.

KUMBU YOU MODDED MY FIRST GAME OF SA MAFIA AND NOW YOU HAVE BROKEN MY HEART

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Kumbamontu posted:

How could I forget the magres diqnol boss mason pair??

Yaaaayyyy :neckbeard:

I was afraid for a moment :(

I'll pick 11 for my number

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Woo my first game in forever and D1 and excited and

Votecount for Day 1

Magres (6): Ernie., Opopanax, mr.capps, Hal Incandenza, bowmore, windshipper
Quidnose (1): Quidnose
merk (1): Philip J. Fry, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, Opopanax, Opopanax, Ernie., Ernie.
Ernie. (0): Opopanax, Opopanax
Hal Incandenza (0): bowmore, bowmore
windshipper (0): Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza
Opopanax (0): Opopanax, Opopanax
bowmore (0): Quidnose, Quidnose
mr.capps (0): Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza

Not Voting (6): Byers2142, Kumbamontu, Magres, merk, Sandwolf, Slamburger

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 04th, 2014 at 9:01 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 19 hours.

:stare:

Oh.

Whelp. D1 is stupid anyway, whatever

Loving all the 'hey let's make this an actual turbo for no apparent reason' bandwagon votes.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Ernie. posted:

You're at -2!! Want to claim?!

What even is this poo poo.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

I am pretty sure I have an 80% success rate on hitting scum with D1 turbos.

What more do you need?

Also his reaction to the turbo was pretty meh... why not just claim?

My reaction to the turbo was meh because you're a moron. If it's a game where people are going to actually turbo me for no reason, then it's going to be a stupid game and I want none of it. If you want my claim you can have it in my flip.

Also this thing on Byers is stupid. Use your brains a little and ##vote Ernie. Turbo happy as gently caress.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Votecount is Byers at 5 iirc. Not positive, I'm at work and votefinder gets blocked here :( but I checked it on my phone a couple hours ago

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Ernie. posted:

How is this a thing? I made a joke vote on you and it turned into a turbo (I would've stuck with it), and then I made a serious vote on Byers and it also turned into a turbo. Just because I'm the first one on turbos doesn't change the fact that people are agreeing with them, and that half the thread is turbo happy, and where the hell do you get off not voting Byers is really what I'm trying to ask here.

Capps gets it.

On me you threw it down and then spent the rest of the day fluffposting until you switched to Byers on pretenses I still don't really get, because I don't see where Byers implied he knew I'd flip town :confused:

Just seems like a couple of bad votes trying to slip under the radar as 'oh poo poo I jokevoted then killed someone whoops *whistles innocently*'

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

windshipper posted:

Turbos are serious business, bro.

You can also learn a lot about people through their reactions to them, how they vote, and when they vote on them. I mean that completely seriously, as well.

In addition, what are your thoughts on Quidnose?

I like neither his vote/unvote on Bowmore (like he gave a justification that's plenty good enough for D1 votes then immediately dropped the vote for no apparent reason), nor his vote on Byers (for the same reason I didn't like Ernie's vote on Byers).

I'd be perfectly comfortable with lynching Quid (ie I will vote him as needed, and you can consider this a soft vote), but I'm currently happy with my hard vote where it's at.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Googling them says they're quotes from Joseph Smith.

Kumba, if it's forced drop a line from his writings about slavery.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Ernie. posted:

puppy cuddled

Oh god did this become a permanent fixture in the local lexicon because of the candy game?

Yeesssssss

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

windshipper posted:

I personally blame his face butt.

Actual question, because I have the 'cloud to butt' chrome extension installed. You actually wrote butt here and not cloud, right? Just making sure

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Magres posted:

Actual question, because I have the 'butt to butt' chrome extension installed. You actually wrote butt here and not butt, right? Just making sure

What that extension makes that post look like for me :v:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
In other news

##vote Quidnose

for reasons discussed yesterday

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Quidnose posted:

What reasons?

The vote/unvote on Bowmore was really awkward and scummy, the case on Byers was pretty crap (his flip aside, it was not a good case in the first place). Yup

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
So would someone explain to me the conviction that Quid's a good guy? Like idgi and I still think his D1 is odd enough to be scummy.

Alternately Quid, if you'd explain the really weird Bowmore vote then immediately unvote (I think you even self-voted instead of unvoting, and the whole thing gives me the willies basically) thing I'd be a lot more comfortable, because while the Byers casing was wrong I don't think it was inherently malicious (aka it feels to me in the context of the other behavior and not independently scummy)

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Quidnose posted:

I voted Bowmore as part of joke phase and parsed it as ##vote bowmore[b/] or something similarily ugly because I was on my phone.

I then ninja edited it and then made a joke about my ninja editing it, and voted myself.

It is really odd that this is the hinge pin of your case when there was plenty of other stupid poo poo happening during jokephase too?

No that's actually good enough for me

[b]##unvote

Sorry I meant to write a little more in the post you quoted and meant to say that the Bowmore vote stacked on top of some other stuff was what was setting me off. I got distracted, came back, glanced at it, forgot I had meant to write more, and hit post. It happens, my bad :shrug:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Goddamnit

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
This is why we can't have nice things Quid.

Either way ##unvote

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Quidnose posted:

Magres one is the worst of those for me because he goes from a hard "Quidnose was weird D1!" to a "oh no nevermind I guess you're ok since you explained it."

Part of the reason I had a hardon for you was that I believe I asked once or twice D1 for wtf happened wrt Bowmore (or poked you on it) and got literally no response, amplifying the weirdness - it went from kinda weird to kinda weird and he won't talk about it huh that's extra weird. Once I actually got a response (especially one that made sense) instead of weird silence on it, it stopped being weird.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Oh my bad I thought I asked. I'm kind of a downs sometimes

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Like for real I thought I had asked for an explanation of the Bowmore vote while I got up your rear end about it instead of just getting up your rear end.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I popped my head in when I got to work and wait loving what.

Why is our deadline at 9am PST? Like I'm normally PST and I'm not generally even up by now, only reason I am is because I'm mountain time at the moment and don't have a choice because I have to be up for work.

I'm re-reading now, I meant to yesterday but wound up doing a 15 hour work day to get poo poo done.

PM can we get a 12 hour extension so we can have more than 2-3 people active at deadline?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Also, the picture in merk's last post is just Fry's avatar, right? My work internet doesn't block forums.somethingawful.com but blocks everything else about SA (as in I can't see the picture)

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I don't think Fry is being super scummy tbh. Like can someone give me something as to why his defense has been scummy? I don't get it. Merk? You seemed to have a bit more to say on the matter

Also I'd way, way rather lynch Capps than Fry. Zero content trollpost playing is infuriatingly unreadable.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Philip J. Fry posted:

I don't understand... Why? There aren't even enough people here

I've seen crazier swings :shrug:

The worst was a last minute swing vote (like literally in the last minute before deadline) that swung through FOUR GODDAMNED DIFFERENT PEOPLE in the half hour before deadline. Like putting them all up to -2 or -1. That was an exceptionally stupid game though.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
##vote Capps

SWING VOTE SWING VOTE

I can 'case' Capps if people want but there isn't a whole lot of poo poo to case, considering his posting has been devoid of any content thus far. Which is, in and of itself, why I want to lynch him.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Fry your slash is the wrong way.

##vote Fry

I'll let you do the final honors :smith:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

I WAS TRYING TO EARLIER IN THE DAY AND NO ONE EVEN GAVE ME THE TIME OF DAY

Case him. You've just said "OPOP SCUM :colbert:" without giving any casework beyond some light stuff D1.

I won't vote you yet because speedvoting our way through a day when we've got lots of time to deadline is dumb, but seriously demanding that we lynch someone with just "SANDWOLF GOOD OPOP BAD KILL OPOP" is dumb as gently caress. The closest you came to a case was calling one post hedgey and some meta-analysis poo poo.

It's about noon here, I'll give you until midnight, my time, to come up with something. Twelve hours should be plenty unless you've got stuff going on all day today (in which case, speak up).

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Quidnose posted:

Skinty, what are your thoughts, as the newcomer?

I still want to vote Slam, dude isn't playing.

I'd vote Slam, Hal, or Bowmore (sorry Skinty :()

Slam for what you said, Hal because the D1 turbo push still pings me, or BowmoreSkinty because Bowmore was hugely non-participatory and just kind of did driveby vote drops and said random poo poo that didn't really pertain to the game. If Bowmore were still in the game he would definitely be my preferred lynch candidate today, but I feel like a butt for wanting to vote a guy who just replaced in.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Actually gently caress it ##vote Slam

Yo slam get in here and post things

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yeah I really want to see stuff from Skinty and especially Slam before we get at all close to hammering or deadline or I'm going to be a little grumpy.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Seriously I'll need a tummy rub if I get a little grumpy or I might get

irritated

:gasp:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
##vote Skinty

Already talked about why - Bowmore was lurky as hell and pretty scummy when he wasn't lurking.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Sandwolf, any luck?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
In Hal vs Quid, I believe Hal

Volunteering a fakeclaim seems kinda crazy as the last scum, particularly before it's down to mylo/lylo. Also the flavor lines up and giving scum town power role flavored fake claims doesn't seem right to me.

(on a random sidenote that's not game related, is XyloJW's name mafia related at all? He's a D&D mod who I've never seen in tradgames so I'm guessing not, but it just occurred to me)

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
##vote Quidnose

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
poo poo the jig is up

CHEESE IT!

##abscond

(just kidding)

Congrats on the victory, town, good game. I should have realized this was unwinnable at dawn this morning, I wouldn't have drawn it out if I had - I forgot Wind was cleared and was hoping I could get Quid mislynched today, not get investigated tonight, and play hard for a mislynch tomorrow but it's impossible.

Gonna be honest, this is a kind of frustrating loss. You guys had a literally perfect N1 and scum could not catch a break, ever, so this was a really uphill battle. Five of ten townies dead, all VT, and of the remaining five of you three are the three power roles.

Thanks for the game though PM! You ran a good game and it was fun on the whole, and the first time I've actually felt like I played an okay scum, normally I'm completely outed by like D2 unless I do nothing but lurk super hard.

Also I'm going to tear my loving hair out if you're the doctor, Wind, we were between you and Merk for N1 and went for Merk.

E: Fixed the link to be better timed. Game's over, means I can edit poo poo right? :shrug:

Magres fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Jul 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
My big blunder was definitely forgetting that Windshipper was cleared, if I had shot him last night and he were the doctor this would still be workable. I took a 'dear god please doctor be stupid' shot at Sandwolf because unless I popped the doc last night, even if Windshipper weren't already cleared then the game would have been unwinnable if I had killed a VT or Hal.

If Kumba's the doc I was just hosed though. Ugh this game was brutal

• Locked thread