Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am required to sign up for post-apocalypse games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

I saw this movie. It is real bad.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

mr.capps posted:

Did you know it is the last film to feature Willis with hair before he went bald in upcoming movies?

Bruce Willis had hair in the beginning of Looper. #merkfacts

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote magres

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Byers2142 posted:

All I see is scum trying to bully their way to a turbo, ready to excuse it later as "did it for the laughs."

What if Magres is scum?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Who are the scum bullies?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Byers2142 posted:

You're a claimed serial killer pushing a D1 turbo in a smaller game. You've moved beyond joking to disguising scum tendencies behind the defense of "joking."

Fry's backing you, but my call on him is not as strong because I don't have a meta read on you. But you, Ernie, are scum.

##vote Byers - you can't honestly believe this case.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Ernie. posted:

##vote byers

Pretty much confirmed scum imo

The way he's trying to push that what I'm doing is scummy screams that he knows magres will flip town

Yeah, pretty much. I was teetering on it before that case he made on you.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Literally using "intentionally obtuse" sounds ten times more intentionally obtuse.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Windshipper, do you always play with a recent copy of "Trending Mafia Buzz Words Monthly" next to your computer?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

windshipper posted:

Do you always decide to go cold turkey on cocaine before playing mafia?

I'm straight edge, son. #sourbeer

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Sorry Byers!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Sandwolf

Sandwolf ignored posts by Ernie and discussion of Ernie. That's the strongest thing I get from d1.

Could also vote Fry since this almost looks like gloating:

Philip J. Fry posted:

Ernie. we better stop this whole bussing plan, Byers' has us dead to rights.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Slamburger posted:

##vote Quidnose

Ernie did a meta-defense of him when questioned, and Quids -2 vote on Byers wasn't great.

I think the Sandwolf case is stronger, the guy seems to actively avoid Ernie posts. They were posting at the same time and ignoring each other.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Actually they weren't posting at the same time, just the same page.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Quidnose posted:

Merk: what are your thoughts on this since Byers actually had pinned Ernie's intentions?

I still think the case was bullshit.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
My Sandwolf case isn't that great reading through again. There isn't a connection between him and Ernie - he just didn't do poo poo on d1. ##unvote

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Quidnose posted:

This is a lazy vote, and disingenuous. First of all, Ernie meta-defends me when prompted to do so. Secondly, I'm one of the only people (besides Byers) that Ernie makes an alignment call on. Do you really think he'd go hard on someone he knows will flip town while at the same time defending his scum buddy? That's super loving poor play.

But more importantly, "Ernie defended Quidnose + Quidnose made a bad vote on Byers = scum" isn't any sort of reason to vote for me. Every vote on Byers was bad because it was a mislynch. You can vote me for a bad vote if you'd like, although I don't know why you would do so above any other bad vote (Bowmore's hammer? Slamburger's poor reasoning? Any of the other :effort: votes that lead to what was essentially an apathy lynch pushed by a scum team member?). To act like this is solid evidence and vote me out of the gate on D2 is super loving scummy.

I agree with this too. Ernie giving a meta-defense to Quid actually makes Quid look more town than scum to me.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Fry

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Philip J. Fry posted:

##unvote

The old fake turbo to catch a scum truck aye?

Byers why are you so confident with so little information?

This post is what sets it off for me. It doesn't feel like Fry - town Fry would just vote and hehe his way to Byers' lynch here.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

fronz posted:

Good morning, Propaganda Machine! Welcome to the SA Mafia community! Because this is the first game you've hosted I'll be lenient on your rulebreaking, but there are a couple things you should know.

Firstly, this flavor is reserved, by me, and it is somewhat uncouth to use flavor ideas before asking if it's okay first. But more importantly, current community standards state that any game with more than 13 players is known as a "Big Game". I notice you didn't use the Big Game Queue before posting this game. On the SA Mafia community we have a queue system in place for Big Games so that everyone gets a shot at hosting.

This in mind, I'm going to have to ask you to shut this game down. Sorry about that, but rules are rules! I hope you have a good rest of your time in the SA Mafia community.

Still waiting on abandoned ship mafia I see.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
What do you think of fry Hal

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I think you look scummy and scared you're going to get lynched at this point.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Quidnose posted:

Where is this? I haven't seen this. Quotes?

I haven't made a real case yet. I would like to do a reread of the game with an intent to make a case on someone - it will probably be on Fry.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Opopanax posted:

I still want to vote Fry but it's pure gut, for the life of me I can't come up with an actual reason and it is vexing me.

My case, that I haven't written yet, is probably something like:
1) Remember that Byers guy? He sure was right on Ernie;
2) Fry was lock in step with Ernie on pushing the Magres turbo, could have been the scum's plan for the early d1 (quote the Fry post where he lols about bussing);
3) After a little, small, lovely amount of heat on d2, Fry started thrashing around trying to look helpful but is not helping; and
4) Fry attempts to discredit my case, even with a :tinfoil: at the end.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Stop, no one cares about a lovely meta read you have of Opo. Spend time in this thread, not another thread.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

I just posted two of my reads, what else would you like of me? A LumpenList?

My point is that no one is going to read the Opo meta thing regardless of how many examples you find. It's a rabbit hole that isn't worth anything. If you're going to put time into the game, put it into this game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
That's better than any case I'd write. The only point I'd add (feel free to add for me) is the thrashing around today trying to look like he's helping.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I take that back. It's not better. That could have been ten times more persuasive, but whatever.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Having trouble getting into this game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'd vote bowmore. He's doing that thing where he's kind of here posting but not providing any help whatsoever. He also jumped on the Magres and Byers lynches.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
hahahaha what?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The stealth deadline strikes again. Well, ok, I'm fine with a Fry lynch. I was just about to quote a big defense of his with a 'this is scummy' comment, so let's just do this.

Fry, do you want to claim?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Slamburger literally has zero opinions about alignment this game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Slamburger posted:

##vote Quidnose

Ernie did a meta-defense of him when questioned, and Quids -2 vote on Byers wasn't great.

Slamburger posted:

##unvote I acknowledge that my Ernie analysis wasn't much to go on, and Quid's response is OK.

Literally zero.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
windshipper, make some posts so people see in their Control Panel that the game is active and come in to check it out so we don't miss deadline.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Philip J. Fry posted:

I jumped on both turbos for fun, just like everyone else. The sole intention of which is to get someone to react oddly and push them on it. That's how we got out of jokephase and caught scum in the last game I played (crazyeyes' LotHT game) so that's exactly what I was trying to do here. When Byer's reacted oddly, I asked him why. Sure I didn't vote him right away, because I felt that we had just come out of jokephase and I legitimately wanted to hear his answer. When he didn't respond for the next 6 hours I decided to put a vote down so my opinion was seen. Wouldn't it have been scummier to make that comment and then not vote?

Anything you called "goading" was merely joking around to gently caress with people to get a rise out of them. A tactic I've used in both of my previous games (the other one being Chili's hunger games). I won't make excuses for my play on either turbo nor apologize for them cause that's my style. If that's why I get lynched, so be it.

Re: wind's question. I looked back through his posts and couldn't figure out which question I was suppose to respond to. Tell me which and I'll respond to it now if it still matters.

As far as the comment on bussing with Ernie, that was just hosed. Nothing I can say besides that it makes more sense as a mistake than as an intentional buddying to a scumbuddy. I mean come on, why the gently caress would I ever do that.

And regarding the hammer comment, you're grossly misquoting me, applying my post on one turbo (magres) to the other turbo (byers). So that's just bullshit.

and merk I expected better from you, what's with this apathy poo poo?
__O
_o

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Philip J. Fry posted:

Basically.

We could get slamburger gone if two more people show up but that looks like a tall order.

This is uber lame. If I'm gonna go out I'd at least want it in a blaze of glory, not this lame "well there's no other option" bullshit

Hey, why don't you vote yourself before you leave?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I would've probably put a ton of energy into getting people to vote for Sandwolf had you voted for yourself right there. :(

• Locked thread