Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Okay, you convinced me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Slamburger posted:

This is a good group of players for my first game in months.

Yes indeed! And only one name I don't recognize!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

I meant players! And no I read some of Salute Your Shorts so I knew you yours already despite us not having played together :)

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I love you :sun:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
How could I forget the magres diqnol boss mason pair??

For the record it was Philip J Fry

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I am clearly #1.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
voting hal out the gate for poor taste in films

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
it's worth watching once

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Ernie. posted:

It's an average-length movie that basically beats you on the loving head with the words 'wait for the keyser soze moment' the whole time.

To be fair I hadn't seen The Usual Suspects until after seeing Lucky Number Sleven so perhaps my view was skewed

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

merk posted:

Bruce Willis had hair in the beginning of Looper. #merkfacts

Looper is an excellent movie.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
game !!!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
It is our duty to concentrate all our influence to make popular that which is sound and good, and unpopular that which is unsound.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Philip J. Fry posted:

It's a shame there's only 7 irresponsible people ITT

God judges men according to the use they make of the light which He gives them.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Byers2142 posted:

Convince me Magres is scum.

The best way to obtain truth and wisdom is not to ask from books, but to go to God in prayer, and obtain divine teaching.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Shall we not go on in such great a cause?

##vote Byers

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

windshipper posted:

BIG WORDS BRAIN HURT ANGER MAKE

Never be discouraged. If I were sunk in the lowest pits of Nova Scotia, with the Rocky Mountains piled on me, I would hang on, exercise faith, and keep up good courage, and I would come out on top.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
When God commands, do it!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

windshipper posted:

And to you!

Never give up an old tried friend, who has waded through all manner of toil, for your sake, and throw him away because fools may tell you he has some faults.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
The important consideration is not how long we can live but how well we can learn the lesson of life, and discharge our duties and obligations to God and to one another.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Ernie. posted:

Also maybe this is just me, but can we ignore the Kumba thing? Post restrictions are almost always noise, and if it's self-enforced we've seen it happen enough times that the person in question was just afraid of letting the truth out due to not wanting to be puppy cuddled. Let's start a new meta: ignore all post restrictions to hell.

You don't know me; you never knew my heart. No man knows my history. I cannot tell it: I shall never undertake it. I don't blame any one for not believing my history. If I had not experienced what I have, I would not have believed it myself. I never did harm any man since I was born in the world. My voice is always for peace.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Hi guys I'm moving right now and can't really PC so no more role-playing from me

Philip and Opop are pinging me, I'll make a proper case when I'm at my work computer tomorrow

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I ran out of time at work because gently caress Mondays so here's my case

Philip J. Fry posted:

##vote magres

He's -1, who's got the stones?

awkward. if you're turbo happy why would you care about notifying everyone that they're at -1. this post is a scum post trying to get a townsfolk to do the dirty work for him.

goading into a bad hammer

Philip J. Fry posted:

It's a shame there's only 7 irresponsible people ITT

Philip J. Fry posted:

Well it would be funny... just sayin.

more goading

Philip J. Fry posted:

Ernie. we better stop this whole bussing plan, Byers' has us dead to rights.

awkward bussing comment referencing a flipped scum.

Philip J. Fry posted:

##unvote

The old fake turbo to catch a scum truck aye?

Byers why are you so confident with so little information?

this one here is my favorite. the "GOTCHA!" moment comes with an unvote off of the magres turbo, however despite being turbo happy as illustrated he does not actually vote byers in this post. he waits 6 hours to vote byers. this is bullshit!!!!

notice also how he never answered wind's question re: quidnose. he dropped off the face of planet and then made fun of quid's list which was pretty rude.

Philip J. Fry posted:

It was on a turbo though that really didn't have any teeth behind it. Sure he was at -1 but I for one didn't think he'd actually get hammered. Furthermore, if the role matters that much, I highly doubt PM would neglect to provide fakeclaims. Just textbook.

says the guy that was basically begging for someone to hammer. you are a bad guy.

##vote philip j. fry
(don't worry I remembered the period)

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Talk about picking you up just to put you down :drat:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Opopanax posted:

I have a well documented hatred of everyone waiting until deadline to Do anything and I rail about it often, don't try to spin that into something else.

Also did you just scum claim? I'm not sure how else to read the "trying to stay on fry instead of switching to scum" bit

i thought this same thing when i read that

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

merk posted:

Where did he flake off to PJF?

This is a good point, as this never actually happened. I'm assuming he's referring to this:

Sandwolf posted:

I really dislike this post and would probably vote for PJF off of it, but I've been where he is before and I feel like scum are more likely to force reads.

Which is hedgey for sure, but at no point does sand ever actually move his vote to fry.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I do have to say though that Sand's posting with respect to fry is really back and forth like he forgot his own thoughts: start here and read that post and the next 4. He goes from a really hedged sort of scum read on Fry, then in the next post says he "still doesn't think he's scum" despite insinuating he at least sorta thought he was scum, and then definitively calls Fry scum 10 minutes later without a vote. The next morning, despite his last thoughts about Fry saying he thought he was scum, he unequivocally states he'd rather not vote him.

This a logical line of reasoning does not make.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Also that thing where he voted me because he read way too much into my hard-on for mormonism.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
##vote skinty mcedger

This feels right

I'm on a phone but I will make a proper case when I can

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Bowmore jumped on both turbos with nothing but emotes which was scummy. He then unvoted for a weird reason when Byers was at -1, maybe he realized he ernie and opop were all voting for the same dude and wanted to change that. There's a soft defense of Ernie here, then not much else. bowmore also has a tendency to replace out as scum which makes this post weird:

bowmore posted:

I'm not worried about Ernie being scum because if he is he will probably throw a tantrum and replace out

So if he doesn't he is probably town imo

Cause ive never seen ernie replace out.

Also bowmore invited me to a masonry D1 and never said anything. I would think town bowmore would at least say something, maybe he was nervous. Skinty is in my masonry now and his only contribution was agreeing with my Sandwolf case from whenever that was (d2 I think), which is more than he's posted in thread (considering his only post is here). A townsperson would at least say something, or post what he posted in the masonry in thread instead at least.

Also this game has stagnated super hard and I'm not sure why

In conclusion, vote skinty unless he gets modkilled then i dunno

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
good job

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
mag it's you isn't it

it's okay you can tell me :ssh:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
:smug:

##vote magres

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Magres posted:

Does anyone have any links to good 'in the spotlight' scum play? I have no confidence in my ability to do that and would like to read some good examples of it and try to learn it. Being a "scumhunting" scum looks really effective.

if you want to read a 123 page game, sure http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3576260

• Locked thread