Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis
Large piles of dead Germans incoming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

The Germans should know, but I don't think the soviets should on account of the fog of war.

Dirt Worshipper fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jul 21, 2014

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Neophyte posted:

Well, you call your preplanned in.

You push your right flank out.

You pull your Panther in and it takes the southern route.

You do the platypokey and then turn your troops around.

That's what it's all about.

Goldmine.

I cannot wait for the infantry fighting to begin. Russian SMGs are stone cold murder in this game.

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Which would be correct. I'm going to keep it as a point target. I'd rather have shots on the crossroad, than on any other segment of the road.

I have no idea why he's being so stubborn. He deserves a demotion for the next fight.

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

I get the feeling that Herp is just more stubborn than anything, and really doesn't want to be told what to do.

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Yep, one SMG comrade can shred a whole squad of Germans in a few seconds if they're in the open.

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

JcDent posted:

Can't say about Red Thunder, but yeah, mount up to fill up seems to be the case in Shock Force demo... Well, I never really needed it (and those need it, the Syrians, either didn't have vehicles at the time, or didn't survive long enough to run out of ammo), but the Manual mentions ammo cooking off. The game actually keeps a list of ammo left in a wreck and each piece has a chance of cooking off each turn until there's none left. Was playing metal smash scenario, some wonderful secondaries off T-72s.

It definitely happens in RT, I've lost some infantry that was advancing past t34 wrecks to ammo cooking off.

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Welp, most of the northern German force is trapped in a field under fire, trying to get to some bushes? This game is very much over.

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

markus_cz posted:

God, the Germans just continue running into the meat grinder as if they were trying to copy the human wave tactics.

So what do you do in a situation like this when you face SMGs in a building? Do you stay back and bombard them with artillery and mortars? Perhaps you could bring in tanks to destroy the buildings? The Germans still have options, and instead they zerg rush the SMG fortress.

You certainly don't maneuver in the open like an RTS. You get as many small arms as possible firing on the enemy positions and suspected positions until you get fire superiority and the russians are pinned or broken.

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Am I just cluttering the thread by volunteering for a vehicle or infantry platoon command? German side. I have CM experience.

Let me know if there's a google doc.

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

I think calling positions has been pretty premature. We won't have a good idea of anything until Grey gets the new threads up.

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=332&Itemid=572

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Bacarruda posted:

Ok, German roster is basically full at this point.

Grey's given me the run-down on points and I've got a basic force composition laid out. Once Grey posts the map, I'll make the appropriate changes and listen to your input on our kampfgruppe's build.

I have a decent amount of CM experience, so I'll take anything that might seem more difficult or less "fun" to play for my platoon level command.

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Everyone keeps alluding to December 7, is there going to be a new War in the Pacific LP or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

TehKeen posted:

I just broke down and bought red thunder. :negative::hellyeah::negative:

Fear the Russian SMG.

• Locked thread