Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
I promise to make ze vaterland proud with gross incompetence and unwavering confidence! I shall make my impact as a German company commander!

These type of hyper-realistic sperg simulators interest me but I can never get past the terrible UI so I'm super excited for this lp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Unless somebody else steps up I would be willing to take command of the Germans. Just know I've never played this game before!

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

bunnyofdoom posted:

...Yes, my actions were "Exciting.". Certainly not criminally incompentent, ludicrous, illinformed, idiotic, and actively counter-productive.

This game is a lot like Company of Heroes right? I should be fine.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Not by a long shot. It's like comparing Counter-Strike to ARMA. However, you should still be fine.

:thejoke:

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Nenonen posted:

I don't have a problem with meeting engagements, it works better with the audience than sitting on your thumb waiting for the attack. Might be interesting though if the victory locations were edited so that there's nothing in the middle of the map but there were victory locations on both sides of the map, close to start zones (but not immediately in). I think this might encourage more mobile, aggressive tactics than just an initial :zerg: to the middle and subsequent camping by either side.

One thing I recall well from the last game is how abysmally the German heavy kitties fared against Yank tanks, I'm scared already how nasty it'll get with Soviet heavies... this Stalin took a dozen 75mm hits and a Panzerfaust to stop in my last quickie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6rAYBdu4Bs

Wait do you mean Shermans were killing Tigers from the front? Or were they just using hellcats, sluggers, easy 8s, etc.?

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Unless there is a massive imbalance between German tanks and Soviet tanks, them is sure the soviets will have the same vulnerability to getting shot at by guns that can penetrate them.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

eigenstate posted:

Combat mission: Oregon trail is what this map looks like. How many tanks/ squads will meet their end at the bottom of the river?

Panzerkampfwagen V ausf. D has caught dysentery!

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Grey Hunter posted:

I'll make sure to tell you if something is impossible, but each thread should have someone who can play in it, if not, I'm fine for the penut gallery to chip in for purely mechanical things.

SO its sometimes Very dIfficult to sET up AT guns TACtically and effectively. tanKs are tricky buggers and will poo poo ON your defences with Little lEeway. you must overwhelm them with Firepower and Take them out one by one. Finally, i LeAN towards the "tanKs as infantry support" theory so keep that in mind.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
I regret nothing

(Except for being bad at videogames)

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
While the drama was undoubtedly fun for the observer thread. I'm sorry for letting my team down so badly. With a lack of experienced officers and declining thread participation, I had no idea how to command a battalion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
I'll sign up for a company command like I originally intended to, for ze guhmans of course

• Locked thread