Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I loved every second of it and can't wait for more. The concept of every dog who saw someone disappear just short circuiting and going feral is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Is 1.77 really that bad for this show though? True Detective got 2.3 with two huge movie stars and Game of Thrones got 2.22 with a built in fandom and Sean Bean. 1.77 doesn't seem that bad for a 10pm summertime premiere with no stars (sorry Liv)

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

No wonder everyone's gone nuts, I don't think I would want to live in a world where a Perfect Strangers reunion is an impossibility either.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Get out of the city!

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

The real unanswered question in all of this is whether or not the down syndrome guy had more than 30 sexual partners.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Imagine if the chief's dick disappeared with the woman it was inside of. It would explain why his wife left him.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

It's not about the number of people who are gone. 9/11 was a hosed up thing, but it was terrorism. We understood terrorism. It wasn't the first time it's happened. It wasn't even the first time it happened to those buildings. The average human being however, can not process people just disappearing into thin air. It would break your loving mind if it happened. I actually think society is holding up pretty well in The Leftovers compared to how we'd react if it happened for real. I think it would play out more like Children Of Men or something.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I enjoyed the Game of Thrones funeral reenactment with the baby.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

She's hot, but I can't figure out what the hell she's wearing in that scene. A bikini top and shorts that go up to her tits?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

DangerZoneDelux posted:

Ahh yes, I misread. Anyway that issue of the Nat Geo has a story about the Minoan civilization http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minoan_civilization pretty cool little reference that probably doesn't mean much

edit: from my googling looks like Christine said something about a spider living in the water and that's on the cover as well http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diving_bell_spider

There's also a story about Cairo. "Cairo" was spoken over the police scanner right before Garvey opened his front door. It's also the title of the next episode.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

thehustler posted:

Why is there a phone on Patti's desk? I am very confused.

Dial-A-Song.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Not me. I'd jump on the beds and watch grown-up movies and set hilarious slapstick booby traps for the burglars breaking into my house.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

life is killing me posted:

Yeah, Jill sure as gently caress isn't.

Speaking of Jill, does anyone remember in the first episode when they played that spin the bottle type game with an iPhone? What was the deal with Jill and that skinny dude going in that bedroom and her undressing into her skivvies while he jerked off? I never understood that, like when she walked in and said they didn't have to do anything if he didn't want to, what were they supposed to do and why did they half-undress?

Guessing it was like Seven Minutes in Heaven except with a bedroom instead of a closet.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

That kid better win the science fair, his experiment made someone disappear.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Tomahawk posted:

So those people in the car knew the rapture was coming, right?

They were :geno: and thought Kevin was one of them because he was wearing white and smoking.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Maybe they got an older fetus to play the role, like with the 25 year old playing Aimee.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

What was the deal with the exploding manhole?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Not to sound like That Guy from every Game of Thrones thread but when the hell are they gonna put this up on HBO Go?

Edit: it's up now

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Was it ever mentioned if the Mapleton event was the only one? Or was every GR chapter across the country doing this exact same thing?

I like to think a GR chapter in Los Angeles had to put a Gary Busey realdoll in a tree or something.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I wonder if the GR broke into the Mapleton Motel and put a realdoll of Kevin's businesswoman on the bed with her legs spread open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

As long as Carrie Coon is still around :getin:

• Locked thread