Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«16 »
  • Locked thread
paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007
Fighting poverty...one bum at a time.

Kurt Williamson/Simon Marino

"I'm probably going to only do this job temporarily; I mean, solid pay AND rent free living? Great way to save up some money!" Mostly true. Simon puts a little bit of everything on his plate and eats slowly, still kinda full from his meal at the diner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Aaron

"Looks like the gang's all here," Aaron pronounces, unceremoniously taking a swig of beer as he does, before standing up to grab a few bites to eat. Well, more than a few. "This looks fantastic, by the way, ma'am. Thank ya." He even takes some of the tofu, though whether it's because he thinks it'll be good, or out of simple eat-what-you're-given politeness is anyone's guess.

"Really does sound like we all got here in real different ways, you know," he says after a bite or two and another sip. "Nothing wrong with that, mind. But here's hoping we all get what we're hoping for out of this."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jacob

"My thoughts exactly, Kurt. Living rent free certainly means there's plenty more money for me to send back home." And with the fine scented food bringing Cheryl to them, they are all together. Not a bad way to spend their first evening. Having even a basic sense of familiarity with everyone will surely help the group when the first shift begins tomorrow.

Tucking in still and washing it all down with his drink, he listens to Marion's answer. "Forgive me if I am incorrect, but do you mean to say a job like ours is what caused your friend's...distress?" It's a worrying thought, to be sure, if this is indeed what the woman means. "Regardless, I am sorry to hear of your friend's health."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Marion

"Yes, high stress for someone who has anxiety issues and other things. Now I wouldn't say that is his issue, but you would be surprised at what it would do to someone with preexisting conditions. Most people find a way to cope with it, but I am afraid that he could not." She says signing as she dug into the tofu and takes another deep drink of her wine. "Thank you though, I really appreciate it." Marion takes a moment and watches over the others noting Cheryl.

Cheryl seemed to want to keep to herself, through out this situation and so Marion let her be once again. "You don't need to hear me ramble on about myself though, I hope everyone is enjoying themselves."

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,
I can't hear you over the sound of how HIP I am.

Steve

Steve mostly let others do the talking and he just chimed in with an acknowledgement here and there. As he poured himself a second glass of bourbon he mentioned to Marion, "I hope you see your friend soon. It must be hard to take positions like these, so far from the lives we led before this. I guess it wasn't hard for me, although I do wonder what my sister will do without me. She's always finding her self in some drat kind of trouble." He laughs lightly and takes a sip of bourbon.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Marion

"I'm envious, I was an only child, only had imaginary friends growing up. A whole fairy kingdom if you can believe that, never was into unicorns, but fairies I was into massively." She laughed, happy to have a good memory to relate with.

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Andre

"Definitely a minute to kick back and stack some paper," Andre says in response to Kurt. He gets up from his lawn chair, grabs a paper plate and heaps a steak onto it. "This looks tight," He says to Marion, "Thanks." Before returning to his seat, and digs in.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Simon got and opened another beer. "Yeah, I'm hopin' to save up enough money to move outta this state. It, uh, doesn't agree with me."

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,

Steve

Steve chuckles at Marion's reminescince, "Well that sounds more appealing then all the sibling drama I had to go through. There are some great parts too though." He reflects.

"It sounds like you'd have made a great sister in any case, after all, you're pretty concerned for your friend and that's certainly a good mark of character. It's important to stick by your friends and family, even if they do gently caress up once in a while." He chuckles, thinking of the times that he's bailed his sister out of one thing or another.

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Andre

"I got no problems with Michigan," Andre says, washing down some of the steak with a pull from his water bottle. "But I could see myself doing pretty well in a place with a beach and cost of living less than ten dollars a day."

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Cheryl

Cheryl cracks a genuine smile for the first time since she arrived. "Yeah, I'm sure glad I'm not an only child. All that responsibility? No thank you."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Marion

"Aww, thank you very much. I really do care, family and friends are all you have really. It would seem wrong to leave them stranded. I do so wish I had a big family growing up, but that is life." She laughs heartily and takes another drink of wine more concerned with conversation than food at the moment.

"Andre, I like your style, sometimes it is the simple life is all you need." She says slowly drinking and imagining herself on the beach relaxing as the waves rolled in. That would be peace and quiet in spades.

"Yeah, I would say there is a lot of pressure being the only child, but that is part of growing up in general really. You have to grow beyond what your parents want you to be, and become what you want you to be." Cheryl opening up gave Marion a wide smile and a quite innocent thought that the night was perfect.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at Jul 18, 2014 around 14:02

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jacob

He listens to Marion's explanation, remaining silent for a moment even when she is done speaking. "I see," he says simply. Surprising that a man with such conditions would take such a high stress job, let alone be hired for it if Basorus knew about his pre-existing health. However, he does not know the whole story and it's not his place to press the subject further. "Well, I do hope you find him soon and that he's in better health. Forgive me for being somewhat nosy."

Finishing most of his meal, he checks the rest of the meat that's still cooking. When it's all looking thoroughly edible, he adds it to the serving plate on the table.

"Oh, indeed. Family and friends are the most important thing in this life, after all. I fail to even imagine where I would be without mine. Although I suppose 'back in Britain' is the most obvious answer." He looks to Cheryl with a grin. "Oh, I don't know. I was an only child and I quite liked the attention. I do agree that you have to learn not to worry so much of what others expect of you, and that can be somewhat harder as an only child. Of course, the real trick is figuring out what it is you really want for yourself.

"I couldn't work it out at first, so I joined the military. That's when I met Sarah and, well, what I wanted suddenly became very clear."

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Cheryl

Cheryl has to hide her shock at this talk of children shirking their predestined responsibilities. Luckily, she is very good at hiding things, as is her duty.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

Hail SS-18 Satan, May His Passing Cleanse The Earth

Jack Plissken

Jack sits, sipping his beer, listening to the others shoot the poo poo. They seemed like decent people, aside from the damned shrink. The Brit stood out as a good man to have at your back though.

"Joined because you didn't know what to do? Hell that's better than my reason for joining up, Jacob," he says with a sheepish grin, "I got pulled in by the fuckin cheesy moto bullshit adds on TV. gently caress, if I'd seen the one for the goddamned Marines with the loving guy fighting a dragon in dress blues with a sword, I'd have joined them."

The talk of family doesn't get much response. Sure, he had his sister out there, and they kept in contact, but they were never very close. And friends? He only had a few, and most of those were just drinking buddies from security jobs.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jacob

He laughs good and loud, finishing his cider and opening another. "Well, I would be a liar if I said the cheesy moto commercials didn't do their part to make me join too, Jack. Say what you want about those things, but they certainly do the trick. It sounds like plenty a Marine went to Iraq to hunt dragons though."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Marion

"You aren't being nosy, don't think that." She dismissively waves her hand and takes another sip of wine. "Just a long story, basically, without going into much personal detail. Well, him and I dated for a year." She settles back against the table looking toward Jacob and the others, with her browse furrowed with sadness. Her eyes started looking down and staring at the ground as she started recounting what happened.

"Near the end of the year, I went to Ireland to do a study on the progression of myth throughout a small community. At the end of it, I took a trip to a small castle by the ocean. It was really breath taking. Either way, a groundskeeper found me outside my car, unconscious and non responsive. The school paid for me go back to the states and I spent a few weeks in a coma." Marion said crossing her legs, tossing her hair.

"After the coma, he seemed to change. He started something was after him constantly, pulling pranks on him. Eventually, he seemed to say it was protecting, or at least surrounding me. So we said our goodbyes and I left it at that. He was a function successful analyst. " She said tactfully. "After we broke up he got worse and worse things seemed to happen to him. Eventually, he fell into a deep depression and anxiety about people out to get him."

Tapping the glass, Marion seemed to be marking time as she came down to present day. "Either way, as far as I know he left this job and had a complete break down. He had everything looking up until just a few weeks ago. Had a fiance, a new decent job and had things finally looking up after two years of struggles. So, here I am. Hopefully, I can convince him to seek help, or at least go back to his fiance. This is the reason I never became a therapist. Better to be in research finding different methodology and more larger scale actions to help out a lot more people at once. One of the reason why I think they might have chosen me despite my regards with guns." Smiling she raised her glass to the others and downed the rest in one go.

Marion felt like such an idiot secretly as she admitted the reason she was here.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Simon lets out a chuckle, "Christ, those commercials were goofy, wasn't there one where the Hero Marine climbs up a goddamn mountain and kills a smoke demon? Or am I remembering it wrong?" Simon sipped at his beer and considered some of his coworkers. Jack seemed alright, Simon respected him for his military service. Marion's reason for being here was weird, but was ultimately not Simon's problem. And, Jacob, he's annoying. Wife and kid this and wife and kid that. Ugh.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Aaron

Listening quietly, Aaron chips away at his plate - and his beer - while the others chatter. He nods and laughs and the mention of all those crazy armed forces recruiting commercials. At least Aaron had found something a bit less dangerous rather than falling for that stuff, though he certainly didn't disrespect those that did. But still, for a time, he says almost nothing, as if grappling with something, and he seems more intent on what Marion is saying than anything else.

Eventually he does speak, softly, in that classic Minnesota lilt. "Sorry to interrupt. Sorry to hear about all that, too, ma'am. Good to hear that you're looking out for the guy, you betcha." Aaron shakes his head. "But." He kills off his beer, starts to crack another. "All of us here, we have known each other for something like three hours, maybe? And that's, well, a pretty heavy story, don't you know. Very personal, and, I would bet very unique too." Looking Marion in the eye, he pauses, the question on the tip of his tongue. "I know we'll all be working together, but isn't that something pretty private to be telling people you hadn't even heard or seen before dinner?"

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Andre

"Those commercials were nuts. I always wanted 'em to be a whole show about army dudes juking dragons and demons... way more interesting than just brown people."

Andre finishes his steak--he tends to eat quickly--and leaves a few bits of chewed but not swallowed gristle on his plate. "That." Andre nods to Aaron's concern, "But, also, your ex thinks he has a poltergeist? And he's up here too?" Andre asks, not quite following.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

Jack Plissken

Jack laughs and finishes off his beer. "Had a guy in basic, some real fuckin' deep south Deliverance mother fucker, thought he was honestly gonna be fighting goddamned demons because of that loving smoke demon commercial. Poor fucker made it through, ended up in a supply company driving trucks all day in the fuckin' States."

He goes quiet through the shrink's story, and listens. Either her ex was as crazy as he was, or the world was stranger than he thought. Still, the fact that she was sharing might be a good sign. "Might be goddamned heavy, Aaron, but we're gonna be working armed security. Even if it's loving crazy, it's still better to know the person who's gonna have your back. Got a good chance of keeping you alive if poo poo hits the fan."

He gives in, and pours himself a glass of bourbon. "Plus, I'm willing to bet we all got secrets, or things the rest of us should know before it fucks everyone else right over."

Should he mention his own PTSD? The flashbacks? The nightmarish memories? Jack was unsure. Maybe after a few more drinks, if everyone else loosened up and started spilling.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jacob

He sits back and listens to Marion's tale, sipping away all the while.
"That's, ahh, quite the story, Marion." It's all quite a lot to take in all of a sudden. And he can agree Aaron's point of view. It may seem a bit much to be sharing with a group of recently met people. "You just suddenly fell into a coma that lasted weeks? Well, i'm glad to see you are doing better in that regard at least. Again, I am sorry to hear about your friend and his troubles."

Turning to Aaron, he shakes his head lightly and smiles. "Now now. Perhaps Marion here has just grown rather comfortable with us in the short time we've known each other. In which case, it's hardly a bad thing for her to share her reasons for being here and we should not make her feel bad for doing so. It may be unexpected to hear so quickly, yes. But I agree with Jack. It's good that some of us are willing to talk freely about ourselves if we are to be looking out for one another."

He laughs and shrugs his shoulders. "I can't say I have any such secrets though. With me, i'm afraid what you see is what you get."

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Aaron

He looks to Jacob and Jack both, and nods, eying the bourbon for a second - something stronger might go well later, but for now Aaron simply nurses his second beer. "Trust is important, sure. Being open, not keeping secrets, sure. Won't argue too much with that in terms of all us here, working the exact same job." A shrug. "But I expect our job's going to be a lot about making sure other people aren't nosing around, people don't get into things of Basorus's that they shouldn't - both from the inside and out. The fact that almost no one knows what this company actually does tells me they take discretion seriously, you know."

"And in any security plan," explains Aaron, "people are the weak point, more than architecture or software or surveillance or whatever, don't you know. The more someone knows about you, the easier it is to push your buttons, or to just go all magpie-like with your information and bypass you entirely, use it to get where they shouldn't." He takes a long, slow drink. "That's why I brought it up." Looking to Marion again, he adds, "And, Dr., you're not the only one to have laid your cards down a little early, so don't feel that I'm calling you out in specific. Sorry."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Marion

"That is a good point, though, I imagine that a bottle of wine helped with it. Not only that, but since I'm the group psychologist, it would only make sense for me to be upfront with everything." She taps the wine bottle she had been pouring from and put it on the ground next to the rest of the trash before continuing. "Also, when I say I have errands and run off to some lovely section of the town, it keeps the rumor mill down. It is quite mundane, and it isn't like I am getting something out of it. I mean, Basorus did mention quite a bit about 'getting your foot in the door' and it is better than waiting another year of begging for research grants." She says finishing her meal.

"I don't mean to burden you, just to make you all understand that my motives aren't some sinister thing, to root out someone or something. It might be a bit silly nostalgic and a bit weird, but I'd rather be up front now. People-" She takes out a bottle water and starts to nurse it slowly,"-have a rather negative view of my profession you know? I'm sure he is in some place in town, and if he moved on? Well then I did my part." She said sincerely, and a bit softly. Marion's mind was thinking other things, the real reason she had tracked it down. Now that was the crazy thing.

Turning to Andre, she nodded slowly, "Something like that, basically like pranks. You know? Like he would go out and find all his tires flat get a tow truck who would come and none of them were flat." Marion did a good shrugging at that. She was quite sure that they had been connected to her emotions to him at the time, but to say that was not mentally healthy way to think. "As for being up here? I think he left the company and might just be shacking up with someone around here, that is all I know." Marion said with a bit sly half truth.

Better to have a large splash and not let anyone recognize the ripples in the water. "I hadn't considered security issues, I kinda dread what he would do if he was held hostage, to himself or anyone else. I am a chatter mouth about some things, you are right. Honestly, I don't know what you would want out of a warehouse. I mean it is just boxes and boxes-" Filled with cursed, she thought, but continued, "-filled with junk that they can't use now right?" She said softly, her mouth behind the water bottle mid drink.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Outside the apartments

Marion looks at the grill. The flames below the grate undulate in unison. She stares intently at them and they begin to take the shape of little humanoids with wings. They all seem to be dancing to some tune that Marion can't hear. As she watches them dance, they begin to grow.

Kurt, Steve, and Aaron all begin to pick up on the tell tale odor of marijuana. Its not something you could mistake as something else. It doesn't take long to realize the source of the odor is Dre. You all can tell that he either smoked or was around marijuana smoke quite recently.

Jack looks off into the woods for a moment. Something catches his eye momentarily. He then looks in the area to see if he can see what caught his attention. It doesn't take him long to see what it was that caught his attention. About a hundred yards into the trees behind the apartment complex he spots something in the shadows. Jack sees something sticking out of the ground. He can not see it that well, but it has the shape of a hand. A skeletal hand whose flesh has long since disappeared or perhaps only a hand dessicated by heat and dryness. The hand doesn't seem to be moving, but perhaps its only waiting for the right time.

Cheryl keeps seeing the animal she killed. She can see it looking up at her. Its eyes are big and pleading with her not to kill it. These thoughts are then interrupted by the voice.

Blood! Energy and life. Power to those who seek it. A bullet for a gun. Armor and shield for those who need protection. The more blood, the greater blood will bring superior evocation. Flesh fails and steel can only hurt the mundane. Blood is the greater weapon. Your destiny lies in blood. And death.

Steve notices a gum wrapper by his feet. Without thinking about it he picks it up. He reads it.

gum wrapper posted:

Betrayal. Wolf among the sheep.

Dre looks around and notices that some of the others (namely Kurt, Steve, and Aaron) looked at him oddly. It seems as if they noticed something off about Dre. Why they did this is hard to determine.

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,

Steve

Steve noted the details of Marion's missing friend in his mind. It would seem there are some cases here after all. Although, he didn't quite yet think she would be the one who sent him the note telling him to come here originally. After all, why would she send a note and then come herself? It was an interesting happenstance and perhaps the events are connected in some way, but nothing obvious yet.

He took another sip of his bourbon and then picked up a small gum wrapper tossing about his feet. He notes the message and crumples the wrapper up. Picking up the smell of marijuana he looks over at Dre. He hoped that Dre didn't smoke on the job. His thoughts return to the message on the wrapper, he wondered what it meant. Surely it seemed we were all here for our own reasons, but did one of his coworkers have malicious intent? Or perhaps there is someone here that has a malicious intent for all of them. His mind tossed around the possibilities and permutations of events.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jacob

Perfectly content that nothing at all is out of the ordinary here (because, of course, why would it be?), the Englishman basks in the last of the day's warmth and makes himself a burger. And it's a good burger, as food often is for him when he has not a care in the world. Leaning back in his chair, half-eaten burger in one hand, half-full cider can in the other, he looks up to the sky and smiles.

"What a pleasant evening."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Marion

Watching them dance seemed to bring back a memory older than she knew how to deal with for just a moment. She leaned back memorized and completely distracted by the growing faery. "-Yeah, I always wanted a big family=-" She said watching the dancing fire. Marion knew at that moment she had had a lot of friends growing up, maybe they had come to her? That didn't seem to make sense, but they were getting bigger on the grill.

Marion leaned back and let the fire faery dance on the grill, consumed by the image. Her water bottle grasped in her hand.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Cheryl

Cheryl lets out a sharp noise somewhere between a squeak and a yelp. She tries to force a smile, to tell herself that it's OK, that everything will be alright. But she can't even tell herself that, not over the booming echo in her head. By the time it finishes, no matter how hard she smiles, she can't stop the tears that start to form in her eyes.

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Andre

Andre notices the trio of guys scoping him out a little bit more closely than the rest of the people at the barbecue. Sniffing in his direction, even. Real subtle. Being stoned in public is nothing new to Dre--but he thought that showering and being outside in front of a grill would hide the traces of his weed smoke. Looks like he thought wrong. Must be his clothes. He'll need to be more careful.

He wonders if they'll bring it up before or after their next glass of bourbon; from the porch of their glass house or from inside the living room.

xian fucked around with this message at Jul 21, 2014 around 21:46

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Aaron

For his part, Aaron didn't so much care about other extracurricular activities as he was just a bit surprised that it was noticeable, the extra sniff or two to make sure he was right also making it obvious that he'd noticed in the first place. He shoots Andre a glance and a slight shrug, his hands open and facing up in front of him. What he hopes is a universal sign of hey, man, whatever. No worries.

Which wasn't to say he wouldn't take note, of course. But it was hardly worth being judgmental about, especially on a day where everyone here had traveled quite a ways and was looking to relax a bit. Of course, Aaron did also have to wonder - was it something brought with, or something sourced locally? Either would tell him something.

In any case there was plenty other than that to be concerned with, in a much more immediate way. Marion seemed to be watching the grill now like it was a TV show she didn't want to miss. The mostly-quiet Cheryl - was that her name, even? even Aaron wasn't quite sure - seemed like she'd just seen a metaphorical ghost, and was on the verge of an utter breakdown as best he could tell. Both of them seemed to get weird out of nowhere.

"Uh. I don't mean to be a bother," begins Aaron slowly, looking back and forth between them. "But...is everything alright?"

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

When Simon noticed the telltale smell of marijuana, he tried his hardest to pretend that he didn't. Still, he was fairly sure Dre noticed Simon giving him a look. Eh, shouldn't be too much of a problem. Simon had more important things to deal with. Still, Dre could prove useful. Hmm. Simon sipped at his beer while considering the possibilities.

When Cheryl began freaking out, Simon stayed awkwardly quiet. He would have to keep an eye on that one.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Cheryl

"What? Everything's fine." It takes absently reaching up to wipe her eyes for her to realize that her facade is starting to crack. She almost starts to panic, but she know she can do better than this. She forces a laugh. "Hah hah... Of course I'm alright. I'm only hundreds of miles from home and can never have my old life back. Why wouldn't everything be alright?"

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Marion

The voice seemed to come from a long way "I'm fine. Everything is just fine, just lost in thought." She said a bit distractedly, the flame faery was still dancing back and forth across the grill. Marion paused a moment to drink her bottle of water, and watch the flame dance, she wanted it to get bigger. It was hard to tear away from for sure, Marion thought she heard crying and almost thought it was herself as a little girl.

Marion starts to turn her head toward the sound, unsure of the difficulty of the attempt.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Outside the Apartments

The flames in the grill begin to change. They lose their shapes and become flames again. As the flames lose their shape, they begin to grow smaller as well.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Marion

The were normal now and didn't hold any spell over Marion anymore, turning her head toward Cheryl, she said "Are you alright, Cheryl?" Marion got up almost immediately and walked over to her and gave her a big hug.

"It is okay, Cheryl. I know it is your first time away from home." Marion said in a concerned voice, "Calm down and lets talk about it."

Going to try to use psychology to calm Cheryl down (if needed) psychology 16

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jacob

His declaration of it being a pleasant evening is shot down almost immediately as Cheryl begins to have what he would describe as a mini breakdown. He sits up with a concerned look for the girl but is at a loss for what exactly to say or do in this type of situation. A person of Cheryl's age in this state is not really something he knows how to handle. Still, he feels he should do something and begins to rise out of his seat.

Thankfully though, Marion breaks from her near trance-like state and comes to comfort the other woman. He may think the hug is a bit much, but who is he to question Marion when she has clearly stated that she knows more about this kind of thing.

Sitting back down, he looks amongst the other men with a slight shrug. Jack seems to be staring off into the woods. He gives the man a light tap on the shoulder. "Are you alright, Jack?"

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Andre

Andre catches Jacob's shrug and mouths 'the gently caress?' in Jacob's direction. The fact that he smelled like weed was definitely not the most out-there thing going on at the moment. He had Cheryl pegged as a former cop in the diner, but watching her now, he doesn't know what to think. He wonders about the split in the group between people keeping to themselves and people sharing their secrets at the first opportunity, and figures he'd be on the keeping to themselves side.

After Jacob does, Andre also notices Jack staring into the woods and asks, "You hear something out there?"

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

Jack Plissken

Was that a hand? A hand sticking out of the ground, in the woods? No loving way. Gotta be the drink and the PTSD and the memories loving with him. No loving was was on of those THINGS from the tomb here in the goddamned USA. It's gotta be a tree, just an old branch sticking out of the ground.

Jack jumps a bit at the sudden noise and commotion around him. "I'm fine Jacob. Just thought I saw something guys. Andre, you got a camera of some sort by any chance?"

A picture will prove it's just a stick right? Not like sticks can swing rusty swords, or murder his coworkers again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Andre

"Yeah," Andre pulls out his phone and swipes up to activate the Camera without unlocking the phone, "Probably not gonna get a good shot though. Light's too low and the flash on this thing sucks."

• Locked thread
«16 »