Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«16 »
  • Locked thread
DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Warehouse

Poludnica reciprocates greetings. The disheveled man ignores attempts to shake his hands. Attempts to greet him are met with a grunt.

"Now that everyone is here, we can start the tour and you can begin your work here. By the way this gentleman here is Bob. He is your supervisor for your crew. Don't mind him, he doesn't care for ordinary pleasantries."

Bob then speaks up,

"Don't care for shaking hands."

"So," Mara speaks up to move things along, "We're going to go on a short tour of the facilities. The facility sits on a square property that is 40 acres total. This means that the grounds are a quarter mile in each direction. North of us at the gate to the road is also Basorus property, but it isn't guarded. Your priority is making sure the area inside the fence and the area immediately outside the fence is secure. Surrounding the property is a seven foot high chain link fence topped by barbed wire. At intervals along the fence are metal poles holding lights. Most of the property is lit up at night, but not all of it. At the North end, where you came in, is the main entrance. During the day, the guard house has someone manning it. At night the gate is locked and kept closed most of the time. At the southern end of the property is a smaller gate that allows access out. Inside the perimeter fence is a gravel road for security vehicles to patrol.

The building behind me is the security building. This building is where you will work from. Bob will monitor surveillance equipment from the operations desk. When security teams aren't patrolling, they will be located at this building. Bob will tell you more later on. Come on."
She guides the group towards the center of the property to the second gate and the second fence. Mara stops in front of the gate. This second fence is chain link like the outer one, but it is topped with razor wire. Also the lamp posts surrounding this are seem to have surveillance equipment next to the lights.

"This is the inner fence. The warehouse and the Warehouse administrative building are within this fenced in area. At night this gate is locked. The area inside of the fence has several alarms in place in case someone makes it this far onto the grounds. Anything larger then one pound that sets foot in this area at night will set off an alarm. At which point the security team will investigate."

Mara walks through the gate. She walks down a path as a three warehouse employees walk by her. They keep their heads down and don't look up at the security team. They say nothing. Mara points out that administration building takes care of the day to day logistics of the warehouse as well as any paper work that directly affects the building. At night the building is locked and alarms are set. She then brings the group to the warehouse building.

"This is the warehouse building. This building houses various Government and private sector shipments. The nature of these shipments is on a need to know basis. The reason they use this warehouse is because they know their property will be safe from theft or damage." She leads teh group inside the warehouse. She shows the group the small employee areas like the break room and a meeting room. She passes by a couple of offices and then leads the group out into the main room.

The main room takes up the majority of space of the warehouse. The ceiling is over twenty feet high the floor is worn cement with various markings. The room is largely empty. Inside are a couple of fork lifts and at least a dozen pallets on the floor. To the right (west side of the warehouse) are a couple of loading docks. At the back of the facility is a room that looks around twenty by twenty feet with a large "garage" door. The door is closed. Strangely the only property being stored here is one pallet with wooded crates stacked on it. A fork lift is parked next to it.

"I know this looks odd. A warehouse that is empty, but this is a security precaution. Even though we have multiple layers of security here, Basorus knows a determined force of intruders could make their way to the warehouse. The final layer of security for this property is that property is stored underground in a vault built underneath this building. The elevator over there is the only way to the vault where property is stored. The elevator can only be accessed during six hours during the day. At night the elevator is completely inoperable. So even if an intruder made it this far, they wouldn't be able to access the property they were seeking."

She pauses and looks at the group,

"Any questions?"

Bob meanwhile has put out his cigarette and is standing off to the side.

Jack finds that the security measures are thorough. Most intruders would be stopped before they could reach the inner fence and at that point they would then be spotted. The area outside the outer fence has twenty to thirty feet of open space with no cover and there's only a couple trees inside the outer fence for cover. Any intruder coming in would have a hard time hiding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Marion

"Very extensive, I have to admit. I imagined more crates and boxes, but that is very smart thing to do." She secretly thought it was rather odd that the security be likened to the level of many governments for just some crates. The idle thought of asking what was in the crates was replaced by a more direct and realistic thought. "So I have to ask, we won't be in the warehouse much if at all, do we even have keys if someone manages to get inside of it?"

She clears her throat, "I mean to say, if they get in since they are basically trapped are we going to just call in the cavalry and wait for them to come in or go in and apprehend them?" She says, secretly and not so secretly dreading the thought of going into a big empty warehouse with a very angry thief didn't really strike her as fun.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007
Fighting poverty...one bum at a time.

Kurt Williamson/Simon Marino

During the tour, Simon tried to commit as many security details as he could to memory. With such security, any shady things Basorus were up to had to be big. There could be any amount of contraband being stashed in that vault. Hell, if this was a money laundering operation like the Treasury believed, there could very well be nothing at all in the vault!

Another thing to look out for would be Bob. The guy would be watching all the cameras and Simon got the feeling that he might not be too open to persuasion. Simon remained silent when Poludnica opened the floor for questions.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Inside the warehouse

"Security should have intercepted the intruder before they make it to the inside fence. If an intruder can make it this far, it should only be after the security team has expended all available options. If the security team has to come in here, then it means you failed at doing your job or someone on the security team is actively aiding the intruder." Mara doesn't look at anyone in particular as she speaks, instead she makes sure each member of the team realize that they realize the severity of a break in of the building. Bob then speaks up.

"All the gates and doors are electronic, so there's no need for keys. The property has emergency power as well in case of a power outage. In the event of some emergency and entry into these areas is needed; say, a fire happening or hell a meteor strike on the building, the operations desk can open gates and doors remotely. In the event that something does happen that is beyond the capacity of the security team to deal with, Basorus has emergency measures in place."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Marion

"Oh okay, that makes sense. The last thing, I want to do is have to go in here after they managed to get through all of us and then fight them like a cornered rat." She says giving a shiver, imagining a giant robot smashing through everything and everyone and Marion having to fight it with a stick. "I will be more than happy to make sure we catch them before that. This place is spooky." She says out loud before realizing that she had.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jacob

He follows along, listening to all Mara says, but mainly looking around each area they pass through, his head constantly twisting this way and that to take it all in. Stopping inside the warehouse itself, he does have to smile in small surprise at the reveal of the building itself being a security precaution. It's not too surprising to find they will have no immediate access into the warehouse itself though. This might even be the first and last chance he sees inside the warehouse. A good thing there's so little in here to draw his attention then.

"Well, along with these defences and all of us patrolling the grounds, I'm sure we can prevent any such intruder from getting this far. Stopping a fire or, uhh, a meteor may be a bit trickier though, as you said." Mara's talk of someone aiding an intruder is seen as a small joke, given the woman's dry sense of humour, but it does make him think for a moment after.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Aaron

If there's one thought on Aaron's mind as they get the tour, it's that they're not walking on a warehouse's grounds, but rather, a drat fortress. Two sets of fences, barbed wire, alarms - pressure sensors, maybe, given how Mara described it as detecting 'anything larger than one pound' - it was a hell of a lot, and he pays rapt attention, with a hint of wonder.

And if that was crazy already, the inside - a drat false warehouse on top of a vault, if that could be believed - was downright ludicrous. That, and their 'tour guide's' casual mention of government and private sector shipments, seemed to help corroborate what he thought he had found the night before. This level of security, along with this level of expense, certainly had government fingerprints on it, even if Basorus itself wasn't fully owned and operated by the Feds.

There were still questions left, though. Big ones. And the biggest of all: what could possibly be so important to go to all this trouble? Of course, it wouldn't do to be too eager to find out; that would be the easiest way to run into trouble. And, from the look of things, it would be some top-level, real-bad-news kind of trouble.

So instead he occupies himself with more pedestrian questions. "Excuse me, let me make sure I understand: our job is mostly going to involve keeping watch on the perimeter then - gates and along the fences. Something slips past, there are alarms, and we go find whatever tripped them. Is that basically right?"

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Cheryl

Cheryl remains silent through the tour, but pays rapt attention, soaking everything in. The whole setup is much more elaborate than she thinks you'd need for something all the way out here, but that is none of her concern. They clearly know what they're doing, and clearly know the importance of secrecy. She can respect that. This could be a good place to work, though her talents could probably be put to better use at a position other than night-time security.

"I don't suppose we'll be handling receiving any shipments during our shift, will we?"

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Andre

Andre follows dutifully. His eyes are darting throughout the tour, paying attention as best he can, but also trying to soak everything in, acclimatize to his new surroundings as best he can, but he's also in a state of mild shock. He didn't expect to be guarding something as highly secure as the warehouse, let alone the vault under it. He's thinking this poo poo ain't exactly Paul Blart but tries not to let that show on his face.

As he thinks about all the security that he's being in charge of--no that's not right--that he's being left to not mess up, he can't help but wonder who it's meant to keep out. He sucks his teeth when he follows that to the logical conclusion, which is that he might find himself in the way of some very determined people.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Jack Plissken

Two fences, razor wire, alarm systems, a decoy warehouse, and an underground vault. Pretty damned heavy defences, Jack thinks to himself. More than enough to keep out punk rear end teenagers, but with an investment like that, it's obviously not teenagers that Basorus was worried about keeping out.

"Serious stuff," Jack says, nodding, "Probably safe to say you're worried about something more than just a little trouble from some hooligans trying to make a quick buck. You said you have measures in place for in case of something more serious than we can handle. An emergency team or something of the sort? And how do we activate or call on your emergency measures?"

Best to know what to do in case of something serious. Jack had a few clients in the past with elaborate security measures, but those were VIPs rather than an incredibly heavily fortified warehouse in the middle of nowhere. $20 an hour was beginning to look a bit low, with what this place was built to resist.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Warehouse

"That is correct," Mara says. "I hope you prevent anything from getting this far onto the property though."

Bob then speaks up to answer Jack's questions.

"What the nature of the emergency response is a secret. None of you have a Basorus internal security clearance high enough to be briefed about the emergency protocols. I do have that clearance and that's why I'm in charge of night time security. If something does goes wrong, I'll call in the cavalry."

DocBubonic fucked around with this message at Aug 7, 2014 around 19:43

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,
I can't hear you over the sound of how HIP I am.

Steve

Steve noted every detail of the tour, having a memory like his was handy, and one never knew what information would be useful. He had seen a few sensitive facilities but nothing on this scale. A decoy warehouse was certainly an interesting touch. Why would a private enterprise even have this kind of security? What could be in that warehouse that warrants it. His curiosity tingled, but he knew he would likely not find out anytime soon. As the time for questions came, Steve spoke up, "Are there any briefings on past incidents? It would be good to know what kind of things we should expect, and in cases of serious incidents, what mistakes others made that we could avoid."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Marion

"Do they also have a shift trade or a schedule board if we what to shift schedules for doctors appointments and stuff like that?" Marion asked nonchalantly,"or overtime I suppose too!"

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Warehouse

Mara looks at Marion.

"Do you normally schedule doctor's appointments in the middle of the night? You do remember this is a night shift security position right?"

Bob then speaks up, cutting off Mara.

"There's no switching shifts here. If you have to be absent, your team has to pick the slack. If you can't make it, you need a real good reason for not showing up. Being sick means you have to go to a Basorus approved doctor. And before you ask, you don't have vacation time until you've worked for the company for a year. Also overtime is two times your normal hourly rate." Bob then looks over at Steve.

"Information concerning past incidents here at the warehouse is above your clearance level. The company studies past incidents and mistakes in order to revise security guidelines. I'll be going over security guidelines after the tour is over, so everyone will be aware of what to do and not do."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jacob

"A year until vacation time is granted..." he mutters quietly. "Guess I might end up bringing the girls here to visit. Or even stay, if it comes to it..."

Speaking up a bit, he looks to Bob. "Well, I just certainly hope that list of previous incidents is a small one and not full of things we should worry about." He chuckles with a smile, trusting that any past incidents are not worth them worrying over if they are not mentioned specifically by Bob and Mara. Their clearance level doesn't seem to give them much knowledge of things, but that's understandable, given their current positions. And besides, right now, he's not all that worried about learning of emergency team responses or past incidents that don't concern them.

"Best keep our curiosities in check then. I'm sure anything worth us knowing will be mentioned." It hardly seems worth voicing it as a question to Mara or Bob, for what reason would there be to keep information that is worth knowing from them?

"You mentioned security vehicles? How many?"

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Simon considered some of the new information. Electronic locks? Goddamn it. Simon had no idea how to open those; he was only trained for more traditional locks. Even then, he would be hard pressed to sneak all the tools needed around. Simon wondered what kind of lock they were; if they used a card, code, or RFID, he could work with that. Biometrics, on the other hand, he would have to be crea, scratch that, MORE creative in how he handled any B&E work.

Not only that, Basorus apparently had a 'cavalry' that nobody is allowed to know about. Simon suddenly imagined getting gunned down by a jackbooted paramilitary thug. As if there wasn't enough incentive not to get caught.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Marion

"Ah just a common thing is all, I am glad I asked! I wouldn't know otherwise!" Marion said genuinely, but noted Mara's disappointment, She was going to have to see why she was so against her this time. Mara might be a in, with a bit of handling and care. A friendship could be very nice to have in general not just for her search for David. Whatever this was, Marion was committed to riding it out for the year and that was that.

"Oh good, I shouldn't be such a worry wort." Marion says before looking over to Jacob and giving a sympathetic smile. "You could take them camping for a few days, it would be an adventure." She whispers in Jacob's ear before he moved on to the question of incidents. The lack of information on incidents didn't betray any information from previous work experience, that would be too easy. If a break had happened it makes sense that they would be very wary about giving out information.

"I'm just glad that we won't have to worry about keys at all." Marion chips in after Jacob asks about vehicles.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Warehouse

"Most of the incidents involved the security personnel overreacting to situations. Also we have two humvees for the security teams to get around."

Mara then says,

"I think we're done in here." She leads the group out the door. After leaving the warehouse she goes through the interior fence gate. She walks over to the little blocky building where she and Bob first met the group.

"This is the security building. I'm going to leave you with Bob. He'll get you orientated for your first night. Before I go are there any questions?"

DocBubonic fucked around with this message at Aug 11, 2014 around 19:56

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Marion

"If we have to get in touch with you for HR purposes, do you have a card or anything?" Marion asks innocently, hoping that she could at least leave on good terms.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jacob

The interior of the warehouse is left behind. And if they do their job as they are expected to, it may even be the last time they set foot inside, or at least one of the rare times they see it. A good thing there is so little inside to see then.
"Camping may not be such a bad plan," he says back to Marion. "It would certainly appear to be the most obvious thing to do for fun around here."
The idea of being back in a humvee is a nice one. Two of them. Enough to split their numbers in two and have four persons in each then. The quick mobility around the ground and extra light source from the front of the vehicles will be very welcome.

Back at the security building, he lightly shakes his head at Mara. "Not from me. Just eager to be underway, truthfully. Any questions I happen to think of, I'm sure Bob can answer. Thank you for showing us around, Miss Południca."

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Andre

"Nope. No Questions right now." Andre says. All told, Andre is pretty happy to be out of that warehouse, considering his imagination is running wild with what could actually be in it.

He's pretty eager to get to work. "Me too," Andre says after Jacob. All of this is going to keep feeling surreal until he can build it into a routine, and doing that started tonight.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Aaron

It was hard to say that Aaron didn't have any questions. He could think of a good few dozen, easily. Unfortunately, none of them would be particularly safe to ask, at all. An opportunity for answers would come in time - even if it was starting to look like it would be a lot trickier to get those answers than he had first thought.

"Oh, I don't know," he eventually says. "I think everything has been pretty thorough so far, no questions here for now." He, too, was eager to get started - once they were getting into the swing of things, answers might present themselves.

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,

Steve

Of course they weren't cleared to know about previous incidents, but it was worth a try. He nodded and when Mara asked if there were any last questions he thought to himself, 'More like last words.' However he just shook his head, "None from me, ma'am. Thank you for showing us around." He said with a broad smile.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Jack Plissken

"No questions ma'am. Ready to start."

Jack looks at Bob. While the suit might be the person in charge of hiring, it's obvious who the real boss would be. Hopefully, he wouldn't be giving orders for Jack to be stuck patrolling with the bloody shrink.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Simon spoke up, "I think you already answered all mine, ma'am." That should do. Simon didn't want to seem TOO quiet. The quiet ones are always trouble.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Cheryl

"No, Ma'am. Goodnight, Ma'am."

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Security building

Mara pulls out a business card and gives it to Marion.

"Bob will also give you an employee's handbook that has information about pay schedule and other administrative details. The handbook will also let you know of the company's rules of conduct. Most of which you are already familiar with by now. Night everyone."

Mara heads off to the parking lot.

"O.K.," Bob says. His tone of voice sounds more positive as Mara leaves. "We'll head inside and finish up your orientation."

Bob heads up to the door of the security building. He takes out a small card and waves it at a sensor next to the door. He then heads into the building and waves everyone in. He then unlocks a second door and makes sure the group enters the building.

Inside a table sits in the middle of a large room. In different areas of the room is a small kitchen, lockers, a sofa and chair, stairs going up and down, and two bathrooms.

"This is lounge area and general purpose room for security." Bob then hands out credit card sized blank white cards with names on them. Bob hands out the tags to everyone. "These are keys to the security building and other buildings except for the warehouse building. These are your locker keys too. You can keep your work gear in the lockers here."

Still getting over a cold, but here's a short post moving things along.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jacob

The Englishman nods goodbye to Mara and looks after her as she leaves, clearly thinking something to himself. As the others then head through the door, he follows.

Once inside and handed his security key, he pockets it and looks around the room. He's happy to see the small kitchen and what he can see to be adequate tea making facilities. God knows he'll make good use of it. The sofa looks quite comfortable, as does the chair, but he decides to remain standing when he finds himself in here for fear of becoming too relaxed on a job where his alertness is key.

"An upstairs and a downstairs also. I assume the monitors for the security cameras are in this building as well?"

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Marion

This time she has a delighted smile and takes her card with a grateful gesture. "Thank you so much Mara! Have a good night." Marion added, trying to bury a hatchet, if not with Mara at least with the prospect of having someone in HR she knew. It might not help her much, but it was better than nothing. Marion turns away from Mara and starts walking along with Bob, waiting for him to scan her into the second door she gives a pause.

Marion thinks for a moment and realizes that she wanted to do something and would have to surprise everyone tomorrow. In fact, it was odd she hadn't thought of it before now really, but it seemed natural in the this environment. Marion stowed that fact and walked along admiring the break and lounge room. It looked comfy, but for some reason the couch didn't seem to be very inviting to her, and she couldn't place why.

"Oh good lockers! Thank you!" Taking her key she opens her locker and dumps her purse and her backpack in it. "That is rather handy." She says returning to the group not wanting to delay the tour. "This security office seems rather nice, do we have any like emergency gear or anything, or am I jumping ahead."

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Aaron

"Not bad, not at all. You betcha." Aaron seems a bit impressed by the facilities with respect to their break room, which was almost a break apartment. Then again, with the kind of place this seemed to be, he supposed that Basorus would have to pony up the cash for some comforts in order to keep people from bugging out the second they saw the security setup.

He turns the card over in his hands a couple times and looks at Marion. "Doesn't seem like jumping ahead to me, better to know where everything in here is while we're in here, you know."

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Security building

Bob points to a rather large metal locker off in the corner.

"That locker has emergency gear for medical incidents and other issues. Hopefully it won't be needed, but if something happens you know where it is. We're going to go upstairs next, the security desks are upstairs along with the weapons locker."

Bob leads the group up the stairs.

Upstairs there a small hallway, to the left are two doors with placards saying "Security Operations." Both of the operations rooms have small card readers next to the doors. To the right is an unmarked door and at the end of the hall is a metal door set into a metal frame there is a keypad next to the door.

Bob walks up to the second of the two doors and swipes his key card to open up the room. He opens up the door. Inside are a handful of monitors and at least two computer screens. Those with previous security experience notice that the set up has more to it then what a normal monitoring station might have.

"This is where I am most of the night. I'll be monitoring things up here, while you are out patrolling or waiting down stairs."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Marion

Expertly spying the other door she looks to Bob and asks rather innocently, "Bob, I don't mean to be difficult, but I just imagine running up here and picking the wrong door. What happens then? This is a rather secure facility, is that like going to ring alarms or just open me up to the broom closet?" Marion asks thinking for a moment, and resisting the urge to attempt to scan her card there later and see if anything is actually in there.

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,

Steve

Steve doesn't say anything as he walks through the waiting area and on upstairs. He instead makes some quiet mental notes to himself. It was interesting that Bob seemed more relaxed now that Mara was gone. He wondered what that meant. He nodded as Bob explained the rest of the facility to them.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Kurt went to ask a question. Couldn't hurt to talk a little shop. "Hey, what kinda security camera setup is that?"

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Security building

"Why would you pick the wrong door? There are only four doors up here. Two labeled, one is obviously the vault and then there's unmarked door. If you feel some dire urge to look behind the unmarked door, go ahead, but its just storage." Bob lets Marion think about that and answers Kurt's question.

"Its a specially designed system by a company named Portunes Security Ventures. I believe they handle the security equipment for all of Basorus. At least that's what I've heard. Not sure if they managed all the security systems for Basorus or not."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jacob

He suspects Bob has ignored his question at first, but as they go upstairs he sees that the man is answering by showing instead of telling. "Very impressive," he says, examining the set up from the doorway. Marion's question does raise an eyebrow, worded so strange as it is. Almost as if she were making excuses to go snooping later on. Secured as this place is, he reckons even supposed supply closets set off alarms of some kind.

"Bob, I suppose I should ask. Are there any specific areas of the grounds the cameras have trouble seeing?" If there is any spot an intruder is more likely to slip in unnoticed, he'll like to know about it in advance. He smiles a little to himself, figuring his own question might be taken the wrong way and sound just as devious as Marion's. "I'd simply like to know if there are any areas out there we should be extra alert."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.

Clapping Larry

Marion

"Oh!" She said looking surprised by the reaction, "When I last worked at a big corporation, every time we swiped the wrong door, we had to stand by the door till someone in IT or security came to us and we explained it was an accident. I didn't want to set off alarms cause I was tired and in a rush is all." She clears her throat and looks slightly uncomfortable, shuffling on her feet. She had been curious about the unmarked door to be honest.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Jack Plissken

Jack eyes Marion warily. This was a security gig, there was absolutely zero excuse for opening the wrong door. Hell, opening the the wrong door would be a breach of security. Any needing to ask about it? Well that's sketchy as a motherfucker.

"Weapons locker? Just for storing personal gear, or is Basorus going to be issuing weapons? And if you don't mind me asking sir, what's the plan for patrols? Are you setting up patrol teams, or are we just going to gently caress-off into the night with whoever's around and available?"

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Security building

"We handle things differently here." Bob says to Marion. He turns his attention to the others to avoid embarrassing Marion any more.

"The cameras are are mainly trained on the area surrounding the inner fence. There are some cameras trained at the front gate as well. Elsewhere on the property we have other means to detect intrusion, which I'd rather not go into at the moment."

Bob closes the door and walks down to the locker. He punches in a code and opens up the locker. Inside the locker is a space the size of a large closet. The locker has shelves from floor to ceiling. On the shelves are handguns and ammo. A table is in the middle of the armory locker.

"We assign handguns to the security teams. Everyone except Marion gets one assigned to them. If you would prefer to use a different pistol, then I'll need to see it first. Make sure its nothing that would be a problem. Now, everyone line up and I'll start signing out pistols.

Also we'll be splitting the group into two teams. One team patrolling, one team here in the security building. Alternate occasionally. Both teams get a dinner break. If need be I'll send out the other group or part of the other group if I think its necessary."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Aaron

"Differently." Yeah, they sure did handle things differently. No doubt about it. Aaron seems a bit interested in the monitor setup, but moves on with the others. Wouldn't do to be too interested, after all. Especially in a place like this, if his research thus far was even remotely right.

"I do have my own pistol," Aaron says. "Didn't bring it tonight though. Would seem crass to show up the first day with it before knowing it's okay, dontcha know. I'll bring it in to make sure it's okay for tomorrow's shift, if that's alright. Not that I've used it off the range, really, but it's still more familiar." Above-board, respectful; the best way to fly.

"Anyway, you said something about teams? Do you pick them, or will we?"

• Locked thread
«16 »