Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
#1 Spot Bitch
This poll is closed.
Exum My Dude 12 13.95%
Wiggins Playa 51 59.30%
Parker My Dawg 7 8.14%
I choose the field because I am bitchmade 16 18.60%
Total: 86 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Goons have hated on some really good picks the past few years before they panned out so it'll be funny to see who we all needlessly hate that will be A Player

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i choose bogdan bogdanovic because i am bitchmade

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

double sulk posted:

Who do you think they're gonna take

No loving clue.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Would like to see Toronto draft a SF or C, every mock has them grabbing Ennis or Napier.

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

euphronius posted:

No loving clue.

:suicide:

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Andrew Wiggins moves so well. I would hate to be the team that doesn't draft him. I don't think the Rudy Gay comparisons are fair at all. Rudy Gay was passive in college, but took the "YOU GOTTA TAKE OVER GAMES" advice much too much to heart and became the player everybody loves to hate. Unless people are projecting that for Wiggins, I don't see it.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
relax philly fans you have an ostensibly competent gm and poo poo so you're way ahead of most teams in the lottery

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.
I can't decide if I want the Nuggets to take Saric or not.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Adam Silver profile is def a turtle.

His accent is great though.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Is NBA TV worth it, btw?

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Is the stream in the OP starting at 7:00/4:00 or does anyone know?

bearic
Apr 14, 2004

john brown split this heart
Zagsblog is saying the Cavs are set on Wiggins...if they keep the pick. Which means that they're taking Gordon.

NO shopping Ryan Anderson and Austin Rivers (lmao)

Aaron Gordon "guaranteed" to go before Randle and Vonleh. Jazz?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Sounds like after all the hubbub and rumors of crazy trades, teams are deciding to just loving stay put and draft whoever is there. Booooooooooooooooooo

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

vegaji posted:

Zagsblog is saying the Cavs are set on Wiggins...if they keep the pick.

NO shopping Ryan Anderson and Auatin Rivers (lmao)

Only makes sense if Phi is getting Embiid, then ORL goes Exum, Jazz getting Gordon makes sense

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

Sounds like after all the hubbub and rumors of crazy trades, teams are deciding to just loving stay put and draft whoever is there. Booooooooooooooooooo

it'll be a total shitstorm. have faith

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Its a gigantic poker game and its about time to put cards down.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

double sulk posted:

@WojYahooNBA: Philadelphia is still working on a final decision at No. 3, but Joel Embiid has a tremendous chance to be selected there,

Welp

Healthy Noel and Healthy Embiid would be a daunting frontcourt to attempt to score on. If they could trade for the Suns training staff I'd say go for it. Do it, Philly. Do. It.

bearic
Apr 14, 2004

john brown split this heart
A journo is reporting that Philly is offering 3, 10, 32, Thad Young, NEXT YEAR'S 1st for Wiggins. Holy poo poo.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

vegaji posted:

Zagsblog is saying the Cavs are set on Wiggins...if they keep the pick. Which means that they're taking Gordon.

NO shopping Ryan Anderson and Austin Rivers (lmao)

Woj says otherwise about Anderson and Rivers

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

vegaji posted:

A journo is reporting that Philly is offering 3, 10, 32, Thad Young, NEXT YEAR'S 1st for Wiggins. Holy poo poo.

I'd take that deal. That makes you think they saw more of Embiids file or more of Exum and don't believe in them at all.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

vegaji posted:

That can't possibly be true. Holy poo poo.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Philly is really dedicated to this tanking thing.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I love Wiggins, but that'd be dumb as hell for the Sixers.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah if there is a clear #1 guy a tier above go after him.

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.
That's totally a lottery pick next year too unless Wiggens and Noel turn out to be gods.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

vegaji posted:

that's the sort of deal that will look like the dumbest thing or the smartest within a season or two

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

vegaji posted:

Cleveland would have to be insane to turn that down, especially since Philly's #1 next year is likely to be top 5 again (and maybe the #1, because they're not going to be good next year regardless of who they get tonight). That said, there's no way that offer is real.

They're basically offering up 3 very good draft picks and their only serviceable player to increase their already not insignificant odds of getting the guy they want.

The B_36 fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jun 27, 2014

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Probably Magic posted:

I love Wiggins, but that'd be dumb as hell for the Sixers.

unless he's actually that good

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Next years 1 has to be protected.

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've got the TV on NBA TV right now. Should I watch this on ESPN or stick with NBA TV???

TIA

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Chris de Sperg posted:

australian accents

This is the summer of Australian Accents in commercials.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

PantsFreeZone posted:

Philly is really dedicated to this tanking thing.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Word is that deep-pockets, luxury-tax-impervious Brooklyn is pushing hard to buy a pick tonight in the 20s

views: Well it would be kinda embarrassing to not have a draft pick when your arena hosts the draft

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
ESPN or NBA TV?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

vegaji posted:

this cant be true

next years (protected) first is owed to Boston

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Julius Randle looks like an adorable little horse racing correspondent

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

WEREWAIF posted:

Andrew Wiggins moves so well. I would hate to be the team that doesn't draft him. I don't think the Rudy Gay comparisons are fair at all. Rudy Gay was passive in college, but took the "YOU GOTTA TAKE OVER GAMES" advice much too much to heart and became the player everybody loves to hate. Unless people are projecting that for Wiggins, I don't see it.

I won't pretend to watch college basketball enough to be a bonafied Wiggins expert, but every game I saw him in at Kansas his "passiveness" looked an awful lot like "nobody in this system is even trying to get him the ball or looking at him at all and the point guard is dribbling all over the loving place." Almost every time he would get the ball, he'd act quickly to make a play and make a good thing happen.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Its happening friends. Sixers fans group hug.

This is it. This is our time of the gods.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

LETS DO THIS THING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Vertical Lime posted:

views: Well it would be kinda embarrassing to not have a draft pick when your arena hosts the draft

hasn't bothered the knicks so far

• Locked thread