Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

achillesforever6 posted:

I was at a Pirates game tonight, how did the premier go?

The general consensus is surprisingly, refreshingly good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Xun posted:

I wish the goon went with them, he was way better than Kai

I disagree with the idea that he's better than Kai, but I will make two arguments on why he should have gone along:

1: Seriously what kind of goon passes up the opportunity to join an ancient order of mystic martial arts practitioners? It would make sense for him to be obsessed with bad radio dramas and dime novels about adventure and be continuously disappointed by what reality turns out to be
2: If he did go along he would constantly perv out on Korra and Asami, being a walking parody of a certain type of Avatar fan. Though I can't really imagine how that would go over with Nickelodeon's S&P so I can understand why they wouldn't pursue that angle.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Boy am I glad you're not writing this show.

So am I, I come up with dumb ideas sometimes

ImpAtom posted:

Tenzin was literally raised his entire life with this expectation and idea foisted upon him as the centerpiece of his entire life. He is not the best at thinking outside of that.

Tenzin has every reason to want to keep old Airbending culture in a box and lock it away from the modern world, after all if he doesn't, that culture dies completely. Being viewers we know tradition without adaptation is actively harmful both for the culture that shields itself and the culture surrounding it, just ask nearly every society/religion/philosophy that has ever existed, but change is also a very painful process by definition, so I don't blame him for acting that way.

• Locked thread