Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
holy poo poo it's the goonbender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
These new villains look promising; I'm pretty optimistic at this point.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

dj_clawson posted:

Did they think we didn't like Dante's voice enough?

They probably thought he didn't sound "old" enough.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
oh hello Beast Boy

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
AWESOME ending hook. This season could be so good!

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
It really does benefit from binge watching. You know if it had aired once a week there would be much complaining about how annoying Kai is or how boring the first episode was. But when you watch multiple episodes at once it's easier to see how all those things fit together into the overarching plot. This season I'll try to watch 2-3 episodes at a time instead of following from week to week.

FourLeaf fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jun 28, 2014

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

SirKibbles posted:

Saw something on tumblr which seemed to make sense what if the new villans are the reason Korra was couped up in one place for her training?

Interesting theory, that would make a lot of sense. Something done out of necessity goes a little too far, leading to negative consequences.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
That finale was incredible. Part of me hopes Ghazan faked his death and goes to live quietly under another identity somewhere in the Earth Kingdom (maybe Ming-Hua too but she seemed a little too batshit crazy).

Rosalind posted:

I mean that scene almost had to be intentional. "If you want to talk... or anything" as Asami holds Korra's hand after dressing her. I know I'm a pervert who sees innuendo everywhere, but that's got to be intentional.

Why are there always so many creepy idiots in the Korra threads. Do you remember that person who said the show was clearly showing hentai and tentacle rape influences after the season 2 premiere?

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Un-l337-Pork posted:

This show either needs to stick to the lighter tone of TLA or go full badass. I'll give the writers points for creative bending this season: Sucking the air out of someone; forcing mercury through someone's skin; someone's head exploded (which, I guess, sort of happened in TLA, but that was more of a cartoony "UH OH!!~~" moment). Oh, and then your protagonist is paralyzed and the last shot of your finale is a close-up of her in tears.. I'm not saying the tone is bad. I like that the show has a darker tone with more mature characters. But you can't have Bolyn making (really bad) jokes and Bumi doing retarded poo poo and the little bald kid eating his snot and THEN have all of the dark poo poo in the same episode.

Yeah the constant LOL SO RANDOM bullshit with Bolin and Bumi really created some mood whiplash. It's often poorly timed. More importantly, it's not necessary. It's possible to do kid-friendly humor that is clever, fits with the tone, and is funny for adults too. Look at A:TLA. Look at Disney or Pixar films. Hell, even early Spongebob had that kind of humor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
I understood it in a "remember these minor characters who we're also fighting for" way, but I didn't find it particularly cute or funny.

• Locked thread