Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
I will finally get off my rear end about watching The Wire and watch at least the first three seasons of the show by September 22nd. If I complete that by September 1st I will probably just finish the drat thing by the deadline. I have heard so many people recommend this show so it is time with Hannibal/GoT/Fargo/every other drat show on hiatus to do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Haven't even had time to start yet, but I promised myself I would get one in tonight so I will.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

1/3 of my The Wire Toxx complete, before August which is awesome. Thought it started a little slow but really ramped up in the second half. Really enjoyed the characters (especially Freamon and Prez), and really liked the performance of D'Angelo and Griggs. Was disappointed with how the season ended but it was expected and written that way deliberately; they talked about how the war on drugs never ends. Thought it was really well written, really liked the character development, and it felt like a realistic cop drama which reminds me of True Detective. Going to get through the next two seasons by September, probably be done with the whole series by the deadline.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Still haven't started season 2 of The Wire, but will do so tonight. Goal is again to be through my toxx by September 1st so I can finish the series by the deadline.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

My rear end is still pushing through The Wire seasons 2 and 3, but I am really enjoying it.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Whew, finished season 2 of The Wire and I am really liking this show. I am loving Omar Little, and though I was shocked by D'Angelo's death it wasn't surprising. Man does each season not like ending on a good note, but it makes me really want to watch the next season. I should be able to finish my toxx on time, as I am enjoying binging through this series. Chances are I will have the whole thing done in a few weeks. I really want to see how the drug investigation with Stringer and Prop Joe develops, if anything comes of the Greek, and if any of the story of the port is going to show in future seasons. Overall I think this show accurately portrays police investigation, and can create really compelling storylines and characters. No wonder everyone loves this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Finished my 3 seasons and Toxx of The Wire and all I can say is I am pumped for the last two. I love the continuity with involving previous characters in concurrent seasons, despite the case change. It is also nice to see call backs to previous cases. I am surprised with what happened to Stringer Bell, and it is sad to see some of the characters go, but as I said in the previous write-up I love the attention to detail in the story writing, and Omar/Mouzone was loving sweet. It feels very realistic as far as police investigation goes and is a good series to binge watch. Glad I took this Toxx.

• Locked thread