Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'll go ahead and commit myself to watching:

Seasons 5-7 of True Blood. I've watched the first episode or two of S5 several times but now that it's wrapping up I'll go ahead and commit myself to finishing it off. It's still airing but once I catch up I'll just stay live till the series finale.

Seasons 1-2 of The Wire. It's one of those shows I know I need to just sit down and watch but I keep getting distracted. No more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Just finished up season 5 of True Blood! Loved it, super excited to see Bill as Lilith and the ensuing fallout. Starting in on S6 this evening, hoping to be caught up with the current episodes by the end of next week.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
All caught up with True Blood! And quicker than I'd expected too; once I got rolling it was pretty easy to get through 6 and what's out for 7. Thoughts:

I'm going to miss Alcide even though his plots were never the greatest. Not so much with Tara, even though she's already shown up again and will probably have a few more crappy scenes before the end. I really think they could have done way more with her character as a vampire, but my hope for the end is she ends up killing her mom somehow.

Eric needs to get that cure and live happily ever after doing his awesome vampire thing :( Bill I don't care much about anymore, same with Sookie. Hoping to have Hoyt come back and get un-glamorized and be buddies with Jason again, him leaving the show really bummed me out at the time.

I've got other thoughts but I'll leave 'em for the True Blood thread. Now on to The Wire!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Just checking in to say that I'll be starting in on Season 1 of The Wire tonight. I've watched the first episode a few times but for one reason or another wasn't able to keep going with it. For a new watcher, is it better to binge-watch or take it 1-2 episodes at a time and let it soak in?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
4 episodes of The Wire under my belt! I'm home today letting a puncture wound on my foot heal so I'll probably be watching at least another 4. So far so good, I wish I hadn't waited so long to get started.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I've been stalled halfway through Season 1 of The Wire; really like it, but got distracted by The Blacklist since it's easier to have on in the background while doing other stuff. Time to suck it up!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Starting Season 2 of The Wire! I'm going to get there! Season 1 recap:

I really enjoyed this season and everyone who said to binge the first few episodes was spot-on. Watching them all in a row really helped give a continuity to the entire story from both sides and I was able to better understand each character way more than after every time I watched the first 1-2 episodes & quit.

Super excited to see how the drug plot line ties into McNulty being assigned to the port. Kima :smith: was such a rough episode+ to watch her get shot & the aftermath; McNulty crying in the hospital and whateverthefuckhisnameis, the dude who hates him, telling him he didn't do anything wrong was such a strong scene. Excited to see if Stringer makes a power play after being the top dog for a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Well poo poo, how am I supposed to follow that review?

Anyway, I binge-watched Season 2 of The Wire over the past 1.5 days or so. Overall, I wasn't the biggest fan of the port setting, but I think it's just because I've gotten so attached to the characters from season 1. I'm really looking forward to getting back to putting the Barksdale crew back in the spotlight, which it looks like Season 3 does. D'Angelo's death I can see being a big point of conflict between Avon & Stringer, but I can also see Avon/D'Angelo's mom letting it slide a bit because of how distant he had been getting from the crew. If they ever find out the truth, that is. Once I finish the entire series I'll come back and do a re-watch and see if the setting & characters hit me differently; it wouldn't be the first time I've enjoyed a TV season more on re-watch.

• Locked thread