Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
So all MLB players that chew tobacco are bad people, too? It encourages others to do the same because of how tightly it is associated with the league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
No, there is a contingent of posters that is all for controlled doping. Especially when it comes to things like using HGH for recovery.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Since no one is posting anything with any numbers regarding homeruns and steroids, here is an article/study about it:

http://steroids-and-baseball.com

also, this which is how I found it

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Mornacale posted:

e: Oops, I undersold my case. I hadn't read over Kibner's link before but I guess some people do know the effect of PED use on HR and it's 0.

Not necessarily 0, but close enough that since there are so many other factors that have a much larger impact, it is not a significant amount.

e: My guess would be the players having a better chance of staying healthier throughout a season would be the main benefit for homerun totals.

Kibner fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jul 3, 2014

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I don't want this side-argument to detract from the point that many of us wish players didn't feel taking PEDs was necessary to compete.

• Locked thread