Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

TelekineticBear! posted:

Every single one of them is, if you're in the top 20 in the world, you're on PEDs

I can't actually tell if you're being serious, but that's a pretty extraordinary claim to make without a shred of evidence. For sure doping happens in tennis and every sport, but making sweeping statements like this casts unfair aspersions on a lot of clean athletes.

Tacier fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jul 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

TelekineticBear! posted:

clean athletes arent beating doped ones, either they're all clean or the top ones are all dirty

If this is actually the prevailing opinion of the thread then I'll just show myself out because that statement, in regards to tennis specifically, sounds completely insane to me. There's no reason a world class clean tennis player couldn't easily beat a doped one in a routine 2 or 3 set victory where the difference in physical conditioning barely comes into play. This is doubly true for a player with an attacking or serve-and-volley style which keeps the points short. I have no trouble believing some of the top guys are doping, but every guy who cracks the top 10? That's almost inconceivable.

• Locked thread