Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Goddamn, I can't wait. This was such a gorgeous show from a cinematography perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Mr Omida was a delight. Such a thoughtful fellow.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

Vanderdeath posted:

I know this is probably a nitpick and likely to be wrong, but aren't the Roma descended from Subcontinental Indians? That would mean that a huge portion of the world's population would largely be unaffected instead of the small subsection of the population that Janus was originally meant to preserve.

I'm not a geneticist or anything but would the Roma even be in a distinct haplogroup compared to the other populations of the world?

Some of them might be but the bulk are, AFAIK, either HM82 or one of the European lines since the Roma aren't quite as genetically isolated as, say, the Amish (say, there's an ideal batch to repopulate the world: agricultural and non-industrial pacifists. Shame they don't get vaccinated! Even they don't constitute a distinct haplogroup, though) and there's been plenty of cross-pollination due to breeding and adoption. If you wanted to sterilize most of the world, you'd probably want to select only Australian aborigines or Papuans, since those are the rarest haplogroups AFAIK.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
A series directed by four different people, no less.

• Locked thread