Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
So Carvill kept talking about how he made an adjustment to Janus, and then when old crazy Carvill he sees on the tv that Janus is going to go global he says everyone is going to die. So he must have done something to make Janus lethal? Or maybe tie it back into Pietre and it'll make everyone (or all the kids) total crazies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

DarkCrawler posted:

Jesus, is that man immortal? He was old in the original trilogy!

He was 39 in the original trilogy. You see the thing about movies is they do no always represent reality 100% accurately.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

I love that it's also 5 families all on the exact same day. Can't space it out over even a week, nope has to be the same day. Might as well have coordinated the times too.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Metropolis posted:

I think a line in the first season is meant to be prophetic. I think it's the kid talking about Utopia part 2, they ask him what it's like, they didn't think there'd be a part 2, and he says it's kind of the same story, but different.

That's pretty brilliant right there.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Gorn Myson posted:

Nothing has been confirmed yet, but the creator of the show has said that he hopes for additional seasons because hes never seen the show as being a short one off thing.

As much as I enjoy this show, I don't think it has the legs for much more. I'm still on the fence whether its had the legs for even the two it has.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Snapchat A Titty posted:

To get back on track, I'm having a hard time hating on W. Wilson. When the plan seemed to be genocide in the first acts of series one, he was against it. When he was told that it was about saving the human race in the least bloody manner, he was into that. And so on, constantly trying to be on the side with the fewest possible casualties. He did kill Ians brother, and that's a hella lovely thing to do, but it's straight up ethical necessity in his eyes. In his world, if he does not shoot Ians brother, the world will end. If he does shoot him, the world may survive. Classic dilemma right there.

He shouldn't have done it, but it's really hard for me to fault him for doing it, considering the information he had at that time.

gently caress I love this programme.

e: also I look forward to the confrontation cause with those two actors it's bound to be amazing.

I appreciate that Wilson did not do a 180 either. It was a more subtle shift, still largely in line with his beliefs, but now with bigger stakes and reprecussions than he'd had before. He also needs for his father's murder to have been for something, to not be a waste. He could shift his thinking from, "My dad is dead because of me," to "My dad was a sacrifice to save the human race." But for the latter to be true he needs to throw in with a lot of crazed murderers. Who then proceeded to keep pushing him deeper into their line of thinking.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

I wasn't all that thrilled with this episode or the season over all. I think that Season 1 was the strongest both in terms of musical use, visuals, and story. Season 2 was just Season 1 but less well done all around. I can only imagine Season 3 will have Ian get framed for a crime he did not commit, gov't people will reluctantly keep supporting a conspiracy, Becky will get sick (for real this time?!?!?) and the heroes will narrowly thwart the release of a bioagent meant to save the world long term but devastate it short term only to find out that the conspiracy is still going ahead but different with someone else taking up the mantle of Mr. Rabbit.

If the creators think that Season 2 was anything but a rather large step down from Season 1 I don't have too much hope for a theoretical Season 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Casting someone who seems so likable and the fact Wilson's character reflects that as well was a really good move. It's a fantastic fit.

For Wilson being the new Mr. Rabbit I wonder what direction he'll take the Network, since he clearly has at least some morals and wants to keep death tolls to the barest minimum to ensure the plan. Course he still appeared to have feelings for Becky, and with how love and emotional attachments were the big theme this season, and how they ruin everything, I wonder if that'll be his downfall.

• Locked thread