Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
New trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfPU9gpcdl8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Yeah, I was surprised when I first heard there was a second series, the first really seemed to wrap everything up on an appropriate down-note. But this was a good opener and I like that the whole episode took place in the 70s, it made it feel much more cohesive.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
I'm waiting for the Carville Family Reunion. Should be fun!

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I'm really enjoying this season so far, but this was brought up in the chat thread so I'll share it here. Having Ian suddenly on the run again for another crime he didn't commit, and reuniting at an abandoned building with Becky, felt like a return to the status quo for the show. They do it well, so it's not a bad place to return to. But having this group suddenly reunited, after several months was very, let's quickly return to this dynamic of them in hiding.

Jessica's story line doesn't have these issues, because her involvement is set in stone. It's hardly a criticism, it's just the nature of tv.
I don't think it's so much a return to status quo as it is a mirroring/inversion/progression of roles; Ian's "A Fatman or Fatman" reflects Jessica's "A Tramp or The Tramp" interrogation. In season 1 Jessica was nuts but focused on protecting them while Arby thinks he has a local; now Arby is the Nutty Protector while Jessica tries to be a real girl. Framing Ian a second time is just The Network heaping on circumstantial evidence to convict him in the court of public opinion.

I thought the bigger weaknesses were making Carvel a Holocaust survivor and reintroducing race as a genetic factor. The former seems like something that should have been mentioned long before now, while the latter is bullshit.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
What I liked about the conspiracy in season one was that it seemed plausible that a group would be intelligent enough to sterilize 95% of humanity, but dumb enough to believe that wouldn't result in mass-murder and war they were trying to prevent. Treating race as genetic feels like the writer has bought into the whole thing. The show is still entertaining as hell and can probably recover, but it's step down.

Milner smiling for the hostage photo was up there with Vic throwing a peace sign in Orphan Black.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

StickyNavels posted:

Free and comprehensive education for everyone isn't as exciting as mass-murder, though...
It's also not as likely.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Budgie posted:

I've never called a thing before, how many internets do I win?

Normally you would receive one complete internet, but you used the racial slur "gypsies" so I've reported you to Tumblr.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Snapchat A Titty posted:

In which case the prize is one public shaming and two hours volunteering, rebutting racist comments on youtube or similar social media.

Compulsory Youtube commenting is forbidden by the Geneva Conventions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Snapchat A Titty posted:

That's only compulsory reading. Blind-posting isn't a problem.

You're worse than John Yoo.

• Locked thread