Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Season 1 ratings were really poor apparently, so if this season doesn't do well I don't think there'll be a third.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Sibboleth posted:

Channel 4 is supposed to cater to 'non-mainstream' audiences (this is literally the entire justification for its establishment and continued existence), so low ratings are not necessarily the kiss of death that they tend to be for programmes on the BBC or (especially) ITV. Utopia's ratings were low, but a high proportion were from 'demographics' that typically don't watch much TV drama.

True, but Channel 4 is not the Channel 4 it used to be.

Also, Utopia manages to make West Lancashire look nice. This is a strange thing.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Irisi posted:

Oh my, using the very real Airey Neave in a fictional drama like this is in...questionable taste. The rest is fine, it's a story, but Neaves' death was real, not the result of some fantastical comicbook plot.

There was a news story about this a few days ago:

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc....70810081,d.ZGU

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Lichtenstein posted:

I'm not really that much into British politics, but this paragraph

is a weird thing to say.

It's the Torygraph. They're weird.

• Locked thread