Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Pietre is way too attractive with the beard, it's messing with my head :gay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

I thought it fit in well with the talk of dedication and sacrifice Milner was going on about. The guy they met in the food court saying he was willing to die for the cause, etc. So far we'd mostly seen them kill for the cause, not die.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Slamhound posted:

Normally you would receive one complete internet, but you used the racial slur "gypsies" so I've reported you to Tumblr.

In which case the prize is one public shaming and two hours volunteering, rebutting racist comments on youtube or similar social media.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

That's only compulsory reading. Blind-posting isn't a problem.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Slamhound posted:

You're worse than John Yoo.

Oh wow I think you misunderstand! I'm saying forcing someone to read youtube comments is for sure a violation of the natural rights. Posting, however, is not.

Wait. I just now realize the consequences. Posts even less connected; Facial hair debates on Lonely Island videos, wild atttempts at phonetically reproducing famous voices, typed yelling on system of a down videos

Truly, I am sorry. I take it all back.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

To get back on track, I'm having a hard time hating on W. Wilson. When the plan seemed to be genocide in the first acts of series one, he was against it. When he was told that it was about saving the human race in the least bloody manner, he was into that. And so on, constantly trying to be on the side with the fewest possible casualties. He did kill Ians brother, and that's a hella lovely thing to do, but it's straight up ethical necessity in his eyes. In his world, if he does not shoot Ians brother, the world will end. If he does shoot him, the world may survive. Classic dilemma right there.

He shouldn't have done it, but it's really hard for me to fault him for doing it, considering the information he had at that time.

gently caress I love this programme.

e: also I look forward to the confrontation cause with those two actors it's bound to be amazing.

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Aug 8, 2014

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

savinhill posted:

Speaking of Wilson, I loved when he got yelled at by Becky last episode when he was trying to suggest there was a silver lining to the latest tragedy.

haha oh loving hell "At least you've lost someone now, like me and Becky have" he bloody says to Ian about the brother he literally killed. If Becky hadn't called him out on that I don't know if I could have kept watching

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Seconding Wilson as a fave crook. His dilemma is believable, just trying to limit the numbers. Also he's completely insane that he can even have conversations with Ian without exploding or being struck by lightning. But still, fave bad guy ever p much.

e: also I felt really bad for Dugdale there at the end. Or like, his whole life since he got roped into this poo poo has been hell, and now it's getting worse, for the second time. gently caress, man. I feel for Dugdale.

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Aug 17, 2014

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Rhyno posted:

What makes him work so well for me is that from what we saw him go through, the eye torture, his decent into madness and evil for the greater good is absolutely believable. Like, I loving get it, dude went through hell and didn't come out of it even slightly the same person.

Yes! And they were really emphasizing it with like "you are not yourself, this isnt really you" etc etc and then he just kills the hell outta Lee and I was like gently caress yeah but aslo like oh poo poo this is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

like cause that was his big thing, that it needed to be a necessecary kill. but now he can kill for revenge, or yeah anything basically, if he can do some hosed up math, convince himself its for the good of humanity...

e: Yes, he is a great actor, I bought that all the way

• Locked thread