Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
manyak
Jan 26, 2006
That was a good fight

cub sorta had to go to the head when Stephens was hurt to the body, because Stephens kept his hands down and was just protecting his body which is why he ate a shitload of clean shots to the head in those flurries. Hes just tough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
that was a great fight and good card overall, but I had to doublecheck to see that all the main card fights went to a decision after all the cool things in the prelims.

I don't think Cub is going to pose much of a threat against Aldo until the dreaded 4th & 5th round like every other featherweight against Aldo, but it will be nice for Cub to redeem himself after the first 8 second match between the two.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Yeah he'd have been hitting arms and elbows with all of your strikes. Punch or kick someone in the elbow and see how much you never want to do it again.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Critiquing a dude for hitting a body shot and following up by punching the dude in the head a bunch is silly

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Cub has gotten cool and all but I hope Aldo double knee KOs him in 7 seconds

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

maffew buildings posted:

noooooo

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

maffew buildings posted:

He would probably pull a Rampage if that happened

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
Kevin Guh-STELL-um

Cruz really struggled with that name

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Correction I meant double knee KO in 6 seconds. I know Aldo can bring that time down

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

maffew buildings posted:

Critiquing a dude for hitting a body shot and following up by punching the dude in the head a bunch is silly

Yeah, I was being unfair. The first time Cub slammed Stephens's liver he followed with about 10 hard punches to the undefended brain area, and Stephens survived that. Obviously it's less a matter of Cub having the wrong strategy to finish Stephens, and more Stephens being really hard to finish no matter what he did. It's just that sometimes it seems like there are guys with iron-plated chins who just absorb head shots all night but show considerably less resistance to body shots, like it appears Matt Brown's face can take a zillion punches without effect but he's stunned by hard body shots in every other fight.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Were any of the fights good?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Vitors prodigy against the Riff Raff impersonator was really exciting all the way through

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

No, every fight was unwatchable, now go back to fyad.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Bubba Smith posted:

I don't think Cub is going to pose much of a threat against Aldo until the dreaded 4th & 5th round like every other featherweight against Aldo, but it will be nice for Cub to redeem himself after the first 8 second match between the two.

Is this the extent of Cub's ceiling? Just the latter rounds of a championship fight against Aldo? What about a possible matchup with Edgar or even Mendes? Since injuries are a thing.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Fozzy The Bear posted:

dude i don't think you should be telling people to get out.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Anyone got a link for the presser, I'm abysmally bad at finding those on my own

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
This fight makes Yves' knockout of Stephens even more impressive.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Main event was great, Gastellum looked awesome in his fight,Ellenburger's fight was good

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

maffew buildings posted:

Anyone got a link for the presser, I'm abysmally bad at finding those on my own

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJKth1TCTTk

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Dana White isn't at either fight, did something happen?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Fozzy The Bear posted:

He looked at the cards and couldn't stop barfing

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
That was a good card, at least the main card was

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

There was a lot about the main event that reminded why I got so excited about mma back in the day. Good stuff. I really like Swanson, I don't think I've given him enough credit in the past.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Probably getting prepped for the coming week since it matters more.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Fozzy The Bear posted:

bitch please

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i like that people are referring to kelvin as kg (kilograms, a measure of weight). great, natural gimmick

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
and don't give me that mass crap. i live on earth

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i like that people are referring to kelvin as kg (kilograms, a measure of weight). great, natural gimmick

Huh. What's funny is that I made a bad unit of measure joke in the OP without even considering KG which makes much more sense.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Don't do this.

Don't do this, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

https://vine.co/v/MwOdmAEb5lg

• Locked thread