Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Really wish he got the finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRBass
Apr 25, 2008
That was like a scene from a movie where the drunk dad gets his poo poo together finally and shows up to his daughters ballet recital, except it was too late anyway and she'll still become a stripper

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

GRBass posted:

That was like a scene from a movie where the drunk dad gets his poo poo together finally and shows up to his daughters ballet recital, except it was too late anyway and she'll still become a stripper

hahaha

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Fentry posted:

That fight seemed like it was going to be really fun until it was stopped way early

Bedford/Gibson was a good stoppage, the ref just moved too slow

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

GRBass posted:

:lol:

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

tesilential posted:

The last 45 seconds were cool.

The first 855 were decidedly less so.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
So close corn rows so close.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
Seriously, the end of that fight where he somehow stood up was really cool. I think that's been my favorite part of the card so far.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Count Roland posted:

Anyone know what that throw would called? It looked a bit like osoto gari to me but I feel that isn't quite right.

harai goshi

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Dilemma. I always feel the need to root against the guy who missed weight, but on the other hand Ke(l)vin Gastelum is cool

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Agent Tough Juice posted:

Dilemma. I always feel the need to root against the guy who missed weight, but on the other hand Ke(l)vin Gastelum is cool

Yeah, it's even tougher because Musoke is pretty cool too. But I'd say back KG for making literally all the dicks on his season look a fool.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It was only 2 pounds so there's that

could have been worse

GRBass
Apr 25, 2008
I find it funny that Dolce's key to success is that high level athletes are huge babies that need to be babysat so they don't shove awful things in their mouths when preparing for a fight

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

GRBass posted:

I find it funny that Dolce's key to success is that high level athletes are huge babies that need to be babysat so they don't shove awful things in their mouths when preparing for a fight

Yeah he literally travels around with them and eats what they eat because they're children who need to have someone set a good example for them.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

maffew buildings posted:

Agreed he seems like the kind of dude who'd get shot at white trash family dinner

gently caress I can't remember anything. Whose the other dude who got murdered that isn't mccully

Justin Levens

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Kelvin Gastelum owns so much

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Let's spin around against the fence for awhile

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

GRBass posted:

was Dolce even dealing with Kelvin for this fight? I thought it was just a one off deal a few fights ago?

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

-Atom- posted:

was Dolce even dealing with Kelvin for this fight? I thought it was just a one off deal a few fights ago?

No he had some quote where he said Dolce was too expensive

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
kelvin gettin owned

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Brian, you are wrong. Kelvin is definitely still hungry.

GRBass
Apr 25, 2008
Kelvin said he was still on the diet (bought dolce's stupid book)but that Dolce was too much money for him. He made weght fine when he had actually paid for DOlce, so I'm assuming Kelvin's meal planning kinda went like "Kale shake?... gently caress it *eats burger*"

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

No he had some quote where he said Dolce was too expensive

I wonder if he will have saved or lost money if he loses with the 20% penalty

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

GRBass posted:

Kelvin said he was still on the diet (bought dolce's stupid book)but that Dolce was too much money for him. He made weght fine when he had actually paid for DOlce, so I'm assuming Kelvin's meal planning kinda went like "Kale shake?... gently caress it *eats burger*"

To be fair kale is loving gross

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I want Swedish Chef in my corner when I fight

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Brian Stann can't stop talking about Kelvin and eating.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Kelvin was always rad, but beating Story solidified that thought.

Go Go Gas Man

GRBass
Apr 25, 2008

-Atom- posted:

I wonder if he will have saved or lost money if he loses with the 20% penalty

Kelvin said he costs 10000 for 2 weeks of babysitting then Dolce countered on twitter and said it was more of a sliding scale, but I'd assume the length of time dictates the price so 10 grand for 2 weeks was probably accurate. So he probably still saved money lol

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Looking forward to finding out how many judges gave kelvin the first

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Those body kicks are my loving jam

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
kelvin is such a loving gutsy fighter it's impossible not to like him.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

-Atom- posted:

Those body kicks are my loving jam

Word

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Marching Powder posted:

kelvin is such a loving guntsy fighter it's impossible not to like him.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

kelvin is such a loving gutsy fighter it's impossible not to like him.

you and Brian Stann need to stop with the subtle weight jokes

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
This fight is pretty cool.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

It seems to me like Kelvin keeps launching uppercuts from a foot away.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
goddamn that elbow sounded like a gunshot

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

you and Brian Stann need to stop with the subtle weight jokes

lol

GRBass
Apr 25, 2008
It would be nice to see what Kelvin could do if he werent on that awful TUF contract. Having more money to put into S&C and more training, with the advances we see in his technique with what he's got to work with now I can only imagine what a higher budget would do to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

If Kelvin lands that uppercut its game over. And he needs to keep up the liver work.

• Locked thread