Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Mr.Nice posted:

Pierre Rolland is going to attack soon.

Nice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Where did Majka lose almost 2 loving hours in GC? He's a great rider, I don't get it...

Clugg
Apr 21, 2005

Mr.Nice posted:

Pierre Rolland is going to attack soon.

yep

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

scaevola posted:

Somebody better lift their rear end soon or I'll be proven very very wrong... And more importantly bored.

All sat their waiting for each other to attack. All of a sudden they're at the top.

Clugg
Apr 21, 2005

Nib's off

e: holy poo poo

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
Nibali you crazy son of a bitch

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Lmao Nibali just going 'gently caress you all im not even tired.'

scaevola
Jan 25, 2011

serious gaylord posted:

He's going to go past them sat down with a massive grin and no-one will say anything to him because he's italian.

I saw him out of the saddle for a few seconds, at least. Nothing to see.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
Holy poo poo, Nibali's acceleration is crazy.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
Valverde dropped

scaevola
Jan 25, 2011
Frank not dropped? Colour me surprised

E: order restored to the world!

scaevola fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jul 19, 2014

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Come on, kick Valverde out of 2nd place at least.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
This is disgusting.

Clugg
Apr 21, 2005

Looks like we've got a new KOM anyway

e: my bad, thought the finish was HC. :downs:

and Niabli was #2 anyway. Insane.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Well this was kind of a lovely stage, and not just for Démare.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
We've replaced the Sky Drug train with the Sky Blue drug train.

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
Hope Pinot and Bardet keep themselves in the mix for the rest of the tour. White's quickly become the only properly contested jersey left.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
Valverde still 2nd, Nibali increasing his lead again.

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003
God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog!

serious gaylord posted:

Bullshit. That was AG2R and Peraud pulling all the way until Nibali attacked. Astana has been stronger than expected but this doesn't look anything like the last 2 years.

If all you're going to post is "someone's winning? DDDDDDOOOOOOPPPPPPEEEEEEE" then just stop.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.
serious gaylord is a massive poulidor fan.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
Stage 13. Chamrousse (18.10 km, 7.36 %, 1333 m) | prov. Vincenzo Nibali: 50:03, 21.70 Kph, VAM 1598 m/h, 5.84 W/kg [DrF]

5.84Watts/Kg isn't that crazy.

Ten Dam's strava for stage 13 (354 W = <5.30 W/kg), he was only 1:36 slower than Nibali yesterday.

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003
God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog!
Evidence? BUT DOPING.

Clugg
Apr 21, 2005

Nibali's only riding as hard as he needs to in order to win (obviously). On the other hand, both of his serious rivals crashed out before the mountains, so of course he is going to look dominant in comparison to the rest of the field. <6 W/kg is not extraordinary for a GC rider.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Smirr posted:

ahahaha Arnaud Démare has the shits or something

goatface posted:

Diarrhoea and endurance sport isn't a great combination. You need those fluids.

goatface posted:

That is a lovely looking river.

:barf:

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
Stage 14 Grenoble / Risoul 177km

EN - Summary - Stage 14
Demarre emergency stop at camping van
Climbing lautaret
downhill from Col d'Izoard

Full Result

Stage 15 Tallard / Nîmes 222km

Stage analysis

Mountain passes & hills

/

Intermediate sprint

Finish

Weather

Storms, Strong Wind, up to 75km/h at time, could be echelons day tomorrow.

Stage 15 Winner odds

Time schedule

Start : 12h10
Finish : around 17h20

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

VacaGrande posted:

Evidence? BUT DOPING.

Everyone was so quick to jump on Froome when he was doing exactly this last year. Giving everyone a quick wave as he just cycles away stage after stage. Didn't even look out of breath.

Clugg
Apr 21, 2005

serious gaylord posted:

Everyone was so quick to jump on Froome when he was doing exactly this last year. Giving everyone a quick wave as he just cycles away stage after stage. Didn't even look out of breath.

What Nibali is doing now isn't really comparable to what Froome did last year. I've never called out Froome for doping, but his effort on Ventoux alone way outshines anything Nibali has done so far this year.

Nibali didn't look out of breath because he wasn't straining. There are no other GC contenders on the radar in this race and he has the luxury of opening whatever gap he thinks he needs; he's in total control.

For all I know he could be doping, but based on what we've seen so far I don't know how you could make that case based on the results alone.

Clugg fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jul 19, 2014

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Clugg posted:

What Nibali is doing now isn't really comparable to what Froome did last year. I've never called out Froome for doping, but his effort on Ventoux alone way outshines anything Nibali has done so far this year.

Nibali didn't look out of breath because he wasn't straining. There are no other GC contenders on the radar in this race and he has the luxury of opening whatever gap he thinks he needs; he's in total control.

For all I know he could be doping, but based on what we've seen so far I don't know how you could make that case based on the results alone.

Read your second sentance back to yourself and then you might realise why i'm finding him a bit suspect.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

serious gaylord posted:

Only last year, Froome sat up and rode away from Nairo Quintana? :confused:

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

The thing is that if he's doping now, then he has been for a while because his current performance is ordinary for him.

Clugg
Apr 21, 2005

serious gaylord posted:

Read your second sentance back to yourself and then you might realise why i'm finding him a bit suspect.

What I'm saying is that Froome's being ridiculous doesn't mean that Nibali is a drug cheat. What we are seeing from Nibali is patently not on the same level as what Froome was doing last year, so your argument of "Everyone was so quick to jump on Froome when he was doing exactly this last year" is rubbish.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Bolivar posted:

Where did Majka lose almost 2 loving hours in GC? He's a great rider, I don't get it...

He rode the Giro and is not really in peak shape to do the Tour, so he just falls off the back and doesn't give a poo poo. GC times are irrelevant outside of the top 10. Why push yourself so you can finish 30 minutes back instead of 2 hours back?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

serious gaylord posted:

There is a massive loving difference between a truly extraordinary time only proven drug cheats got close to (and for fucks sake, riding away from Quintana uphill like his an amateur?) and a guy who has done nothing that has been anything beyond what he has done for the last half decade nor approached suspect performances.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

serious gaylord posted:

Just as a small demonstration of Froome being a good rider who shouldn't be hounded out of the sport could you show us on this graph where Froome's time last year was

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

serious gaylord posted:

Kazakh Blue. Sky blue is a different colour.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Of course Nibali is doping, they all are. He is a Ferrari client as well, however he isn't putting in otherworldly performances, nor did he come from being a poo poo domestique to winning, and he is riding with panache. No comparison to Froome in any way lol.

By the way, watching riders ride to protect their podium spots is poo poo, these French cowards need to start taking some risks, this has been a poor spectacle.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
If Froome were here hed be doing to nibbles what nibbles is doing to everyone else. Sky/Froome were/are next level poo poo and were/are absolutely takes the piss. Thats why this nibbles effort seems more believable. It helps that nibbles isnt a giant fuckstick as well.

Also, friendly reminder that Valverde isnt going to win a TdF. Ever. Hes not the hope for a close race this year. There is no hope for a close race this year. Barring DNF's Yellow is done, and green is done. 3rd lovely tour in a row.

Again, it all comes down to the Vuelta to give us a good GC fight, and with Froomes wankhands all fixed by then he'll poo poo all over that and gently caress us for a hattrick of poo poo GTs in 2014. With the classics season we had this year, we were always going to be too deep into karmic race-fun debt to get good racing for the rest of the year.

Edit: GT enjoyment levels are like a bank account....

Roobsa
May 1, 2011

African AIDS cum posted:

He is a Ferrari client as well

Is he?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/nibali-fights-off-probing-questions-and-provocations

... posted:

Nibali was asked: "Back in 2009 there were accusations about you an Michele Ferrari. Can you look us in the eye and tell us today if you have ever met this guy and where do you think these accusations came from?

After the question was translated into Italian, he looked the Scandinavian journalist who asked the question in the eye from just two metres away and replied.

"No. I've never personally met him," he said in Italian.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

I'm so hoping for Jack Bauer to win this stage :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.
John Degenkolb continues to win my heart by stopping by the belgian radio commentator and sending his regards to the belgian tv commentator :-)