Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Côte de Buttertubs, is almost worth paying to be renamed.

I am happy Jens came back, I will be rooting for Nairo Quintana to take it to Team Sky this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
David Millar is on American TV trashing Garmin Sharp. :lol:

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

fartmanteau posted:

You'll have to wait for the Vuelta for that.

Oh dear, I was horribly mistaken. I watched him in the Giro and he was brilliant. I guess they decided not to send him for reasons?

Edit: I see, he is likely exhausted.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

What's going on here? Is sky trying to manage two talented riders and Froome gets dibs on stuff?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

thehustler posted:

Same for ITV, they start at 14:00 UK/15:00 local
NBC seem to be starting at 8:00 ET/13:00 UK/14:00 local

No point going on air any earlier really.

I think the only stage I see consistently start to end is the finale. Watching the maillot jaune smoke cigars and drink champagne while riding into Paris is thrilling.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Yeah. I remember stage 18 last year when they had to climb Alpe d'Huez twice. That was a loving stage. There was early coverage in USA for that stage.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Yes. I love mountain stages. Tomorrow is going to be a good sport day.

1. Wake up ride bike
2. Go golf
2a. Find rich fucks Titleist Pro V1's at the course we are playing with my new ball grabber.
3. Watch tour
4. 3rd place match at my favorite food bar in OKC.

:getin:

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Just finished watching today's stage. Golf was a bit slower than usual. That was pretty impressive from Saxo on the final climb. I really hope Nibali can hang on to the jersey over Contador and the next Sky doped rider.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

dema posted:

Disappointed by the lack of rest day drama.

I know. Where's the hotel room raids?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Working from home tomorrow so I can watch day 1 of the Alp's :toot:. Today and yesterdays stages were a real bore. gently caress.

Just saw tomorrow's profile, I love me a good Hors Catégorie mountain top finish.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Froome is on the American feed and just said that Wiggins has not expressed any interest in ever racing a Grand Tour again. Is this correct?

Edit: I have enjoyed this tour, even if it was just watching Nibali crush everyone. At least the Maillot Jaune earned it instead of grinding out the minutes.

Dirk Pitt fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jul 27, 2014

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

peanut- posted:

Wasn't the complaint last year that Froome attacked so much it was taking the piss?

People's problem with the green jersey seems like it's more to do with Sagan being so exceptional no-one can compete with him, doesn't seem fair to call that "mediocrity". If it was mediocrity there would be a contest.

I might be , but about all I remember from last year is a phalanx of sky riders pushing Froome up the mountain and by the time they were dropped, Froome just had to go a bit further by himself against no one. Froome didn't really have to do poo poo last year.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I just noticed the Vuelta starts with my favorite event, the team time trial :getin:, then I noticed it ends with an ITT. Seems like a buzz kill off a way to end a grand tour to me. At least compared to the crit at the end of the Tour de France. Is this normal?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I am pulling for Quintana this year. gently caress Froome, gently caress Sky.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Paddyb posted:

Nibali bossed it. It was the moment I stopped disliking him.

:agreed: still, gently caress Froome gently caress Sky

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Good try Fabian

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Today is a good day. Spartacus is in yellow.

Saw a pissed off Tony Martin interview, Cavendish is kind of a oval office isn't he?

Dirk Pitt fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jul 5, 2015

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Finally got a few hours to watch today's stage. I was not impressed with Sky attacking the yellow like that before Fabs retired. What a bunch of cunts.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Yeah. I saw them giving Prudhome some poo poo. I was just chuckling to see Richie Porte up front crunching away on the big ring the moment the race was de-neutralized the first time.

edit: I am really going to be salty if it is 17 days or Froome in yellow. Now that he is in yellow Sky is going to do everything they can to put him in the top ten in sprint stages. Which is just ridiculous to me, yesterday the scrawny mother fucker finished sixth and got green jersey points ffs.

Dirk Pitt fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jul 7, 2015

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Withnail posted:

Word is the EQS attacked as soon as word went out that the yellow jersey went down (before they neutralized).

Makes sense if they are sore over getting hosed by their sprinter.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
gently caress Chris Froome. That was a hell of a breakaway by Martin, he caught them sleeping. I know Sky isn't too worried though, they are probably happy that they don't have to be clenched butthole for a whole two and a half weeks.

Nibali tried and couldn't get it done in that sector.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

King Hong Kong posted:

It's sad that we have to settle for these "marginal gains."

'At least Froome attacked on the cobble stones' while being surrounded by friendly riders, and still couldn't elbow flick inspiration to others.

That'll justify a boring GC competition.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

African AIDS cum posted:

Shame on people not cutting the most blatant doper since Riccardo Ricco some slack. (Coincidentally they share the same agent)

The marginal gains you see are from climbing Mount Kilimanjaro in the offseason.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Boring stage. When to we start the Pyrenees?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
The only good thing to come out of today was that Martin didn't fall so Sky couldn't capitalize on a downed yellow jersey.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

JohnCompany posted:

and tomorrow's gonna be so much better, right guys? A long boring stage, with a 1.5k climb to finish? Yeah, lets have a finish neither sprinters nor climbers target!

Yes yes I know there's the classics guys, but they get, you know, the classics.

Sagan has a chance!

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Poor Tony :smith:. That is really sad.

The yellow really will take payment in the form of blood before it settles on Froome the anointed one with his goon squad.

Dirk Pitt fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jul 10, 2015

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Also the year a rider got mowed down by a French TV car. Was it Laurens ten Dam who went into the barbed wire?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Box Hill Strangler posted:

gently caress froome

I did like the TTT today though. That is one of my favorite events.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

African AIDS cum posted:

True. Lance also rode with panache at times and didn't quit cause he fell over.

You try being an athlete used to training on Tenerife and being forced to ride on wet cobblestones.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
How in the gently caress did Froome pull out 1000w?

Edit: I watched that monster of a stage in 2013 and was blown away by his performance. There is no way it was legit.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I dodged this until I got a chance to watch this stage. What the gently caress is going on in this sport? How are we expected to believe that pillows and bed rest in the middle of a three week tour make a 2 minute difference between the next best rider? Sky is really taking the piss at this stage.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Incremental gains through doing fuckall during a rest day, not participating in the Giro, and a visit from Dr. Aicair

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Virigoth posted:

I feel like jens voigt is always talking with half a potato stuffed in his mouth.

I think Christian Vande Velde is kind of a dick to Jens and tries to be alpha with him. It makes me sad for Jens.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Parody Threads posted:

I haven't watched a single second of this tour beyond some big crash vines and I'm feeling good about that choice.

I should've taken this approach. Instead, I watch nbc coverage for three hours after a day of work and go to bed in a seething rage

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Every time the camera shows Froome, his head is slumped down staring at the stem of his bike.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Gerraint Thomas, taking the piss 3 km from the finish. Where the gently caress did that come from?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Nairo Quintana

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Wait, people actually think that stages through the Netherlands, England, and Belgium are more interesting than the Pyrenees and Alps? Blame Sky for loving up the beauty of a mountain finish, not the mountain itself. I'll take Cadel Evans slow grind up the mountain, every time over watching Peter Sagan cheese the green jersey competition (I love Sagan, but still).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Was froome in that?