Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Vando posted:

oh they're much further from the top than I thought nvm they're easily getting caught

Gotta give them mad props they've been out there for like 200km

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Lmao yes lets just let Michael loving Valgren gently caress off up the road lmao.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Skarsnik posted:

This is why race radios need banning

Its great isnt it. He's got 30 seconds and no-one is really chasing him.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Smirr posted:

I think the entire loving Dutch team is still there

Valverde following wheels to 3rd place again.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The climbs not long enough for them to catch him. I think Valgren might make this stick.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Lol never mind.

The great French hope has cracked too.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Moscon do a racism and kick Valverde into the crowd please.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
DUMOULIN SPOTTED!!!

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
GO YOU WOODSY BASTARD GO

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Lmao do NOT drag Valverde to the finish to outsprint you you muppets.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Choo choo, Dumoulin train coming.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
To be honest I can't wait to see Bardet sprint for a world championship its going to be so loving funny.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Big tommy has a mechanical according to race radio.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Race radio can gently caress off.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Lmao hes loving unstoppable.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Lmao.

You know Valverde is going to win this, but its okay.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
You know Valverde is a dick head, but he is legit going loving bananas over this.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I hope someone catches those tears to test later.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

colonel tom posted:

I think the UCI itself makes the video available. Phone posting so I can't really search for you.

That was a really exciting race and a great venue. Can't wait for next year in.... Yorkshire :confused:

Yorkshire will be great tho because it will be full of short 15% climbs, narrow rolling roads and about 10 million people on the side of the road.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Smirr posted:

Yes, and particularly in Belgium. It's noticeable

Football had a spike just like this about 6-7 years ago. Nothing was learnt and everything remained hush hush.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/spanish-court-authorises-release-of-operacion-puerto-blood-bags-to-italian-olympic-committee/

quote:

Athletes involved Operación Puerto may finally be publicly named, as the Spanish Court overseeing the case has authorised the release of the remaining blood bags to the Italian Olympic Committee

lmao sorry Alejandro, just as you got the stripes too.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
We've been spoilt this year.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Why is it painted like a Sky Pinarello?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Smirr posted:

I bet it's this. IIRC (and I'm too lazy to check PCS) they're still at risk of losing their WT license. Being able to point at a big name might get them some of those nebulous non-sporting brownie points with the UCI.

Although tbf re-signing someone who in all likelihood will never win another race outside of 2.2 Africa Tour poo poo (if that) should also give them negative financial points

e: just checked: they're dead loving last in WT points. Even Katusha dunks on them

They were reliant on Cav getting loads of points and well, we all know how that went.

The only thing in their favour is I don't think any of the Pro Conti teams have the finances to step up to the world tour.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

nwin posted:

So now that Remco Evenepoel turned pro, how will the tram likely start him out this year?

No the tram comes later, during the grand tours.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Viviani has started to perfect that 'Where the gently caress did he come from??? winning move.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Big fan of Trek and Cannondale not able to chase down 2 sprinters and ended up finishing 2 minutes behind them.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/salas-has-biological-passport-ban-overturned-by-spanish-authorities/

So this is pretty huge news. Theres now precedent that the biologial passport is worthless.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

kimbo305 posted:

> According to the TAD, the biological passport does not account for knowing whether or not the athlete did, in fact, take a prohibited substance

Was that ever the point of the bio passport? It was supposed to be detecting if your biology changed in unusual enough ways, right?

Yeah, but is seems the spanish (lol) courts have decided that isn't enough grounds for 'proof' of cheating.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

paddyboat posted:

I’ve never watched the Tour of Colombia before but the last 10-20k of this is off the hook. Leave the sound on as god intended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55laxi1R4s4

A perfect example of how to finish 3rd because you didn't want to risk finishing 2nd.

This is loving art.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Grimson posted:

Nice to see that the Omloop organizers are consummate professionals and decided to neutralize and stop the womens race for 5 minutes because the mens race were going slower than the slowest scheduled time, while the womens were going faster than the fastest scheduled time.

Should have let the women overtake.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Theres another Operation Puerto brewing over in Germany & Austria

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-hopes-to-secure-information-on-cyclists-involved-in-blood-doping-investigation/

It's mostly about skiers at the moment, but 2 cyclists have already confessed to being part of it.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

vikingstrike posted:

QuickStep has quite the start to the season. Knew that when WVA caught back up and his shoulders were rocking that much he was done. Still a good effort.

They've won every single one day so far right?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

peanut- posted:

Turns out he can still haul this bulk over the line fast

He was anticipating the crosswinds and laughed as all his rivals got blown into ditches.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Luke Rowe just casually murdering a peloton today.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Van Aert 'I'm not too worried about cyclocross I'm focusing on the road now'

Mvdp 'lol'

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Im enjoying this a lot.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Bettiol might have this, too many egos behind.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

kimbo305 posted:

How many meters was MVP in the wind on that sprint? Jesus Christ.

2kms he was on the front for, pushing something stupid like 500w apparently.

Led himself out, everyone else get in the bin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Kittel has quit cycling