Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

accipter posted:

And Tony Martin :swoon:

In this sport of marginal gains, that lip of his has got to be slowing him down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I can understand the Froome hate, he is immensely dislikeable, but the love of known cheat Contandor I just cant get my head around. This thread :psyduck:

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

True, though they are hardly the only team run by a former doper

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

So the fact he got caught cheating doesn't bother you all?

Genuinely asking because I just can't understand it

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

ah right, the 'they are all on it but he's totally cooler than the rest!' argument

I shouldn't have asked

African AIDS cum posted:

He took his ban like a man and hasn't been trying to sell the world some clean cycling mumbo jumbo like Froome who is a histrionic oval office with a stage mom for a girlfriend

Also this is bullshit, get caught cheating, dont get to ride again

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Sep 3, 2014

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

As I said, I really can understand not liking Froome, and I'm sure he is on some pretty good stuff, but there must be someone else this thread can get behind that isn't a proven cheat?

Also did anyone else notice Quintana took that saddle clean in the nuts (and ripping it off in the process) when he fell? Might explain why it looked worse that it was when he was lying on his back all that time

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Supporting him is hardly going to help much though is it? He should have been booed from the moment he was back

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Well, until Africa gets around to producing bike riders

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

He is from south Africa, that is just a satellite county of England:britain:

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Sep 3, 2014

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

There was a thing on the itv coverage today about giving bikes to Africa for charity, and hopefully a magical future champion will appear. Sounds sensible anyway. They should send rain coats too though

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Pvt Dancer posted:

:psyduck:

As far as I'm concerned every top rider toes the line that's been drawn by doping authorities, using every method available to evade detection and appear to be within limits. Those caught & convicted and have sat out a season or two serve more as a warning to others than reach a 'clean' sport, whatever that means.

Not entirely sure what the confusion is here.
An outright ban would be a much better deterrent no? Supporting him is also supporting the current 'slap on the wrist' system. If you really want a clean sport, you shouldn't be supporting either. Does that make it less :psyduck: for you?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Has anyone ever been caught with an electric motor in their bike?
I thought it was all just silly rumours from journalists who needed a story for the week

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Ted Ed Fred posted:

Can anyone else see average speed, current speed etc, or is that too much to ask? At the moment I am just watching a man cycle round a velodrome with a timer and number of laps, not much good to the layman...

I'm watching on freeview tv channel Pick in the uk

Nothing on sky either so I guess it's a problem at the drome

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/33170616

Sounds like it was mostly her fault unfortunately

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Russian Bear posted:

This was terrible race organization

It was also the race organiser she crashed into :v:

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Pimp Cauldron posted:

no, that will encourage those who dont actually watch cycling to post in it. which usually ends up being rather irritating.

Agreed, this thread is only for people who hate cycling to complain in

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

He's taking the piss a tad with the cars

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Cav went too early

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Is Mr Nice still around? His stage write-ups were amazing last year

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Smirr posted:

holy poo poo, what a crash

Fuuuuck

Dude in white got run over by everyone

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

With that time bonus it'll be froome in yellow

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

African AIDS cum posted:

Peloton needs to be smaller. Less teams or less riders per team. Thoughts?

I think you're an awful poster who hates cycling and only watches it so you can poo poo on it? :shrug:

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

African AIDS cum posted:

What the hell prompted this? Every true fan of cycling loves and hates it. Maybe one day you Sky fans who discovered the sport in 2012 will learn this.

You asked for thoughts, it was the first one that popped in my head.

But mainly because you never post anything good or nice

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

And if he does stack it, the sky car will be first on the road behind

Cant wait, a cobbles day is a good day :)

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

he just really likes his hair

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Finally

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Or they're just not fussed?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Cavs gonna spend this tour being beaten by a tall German dude

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

vodkat posted:

Well its just to the point that the last couple of pages make it sound like no one is actually enjoying watching the race.

I think that's the whole point of this thread

Though to be fair, these sprinter stages clumped together don't really lend themselves to much excitement. Once it gets to the mountains it'll really get going.

Only chance of much happening today is if the wind is up, and someone gets left behind in a split. (it'll be Quintana)

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Yesterday had this though:

http://video.eurosport.co.uk/cycling/tour-de-france/2015/motorcycle-crashes-near-chris-froome-in-tour-de-france-scare_vid379384/video.shtml

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Oops

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Well that was messy

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Ted Ed Fred posted:

Did you guys hear that Nibali threw his bidon at Froome because he was blaming Froome for the crash?

As hilarious as this is, I can't see how on earth he thought it was froomes fault.
He was the one that piled into froome after being smashed into from his left :psyduck:

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

to be fair, the neutralised zones tend to have an awful lot of stuff to crash into

So does that mean 'cant control a bike' froome is the only one of the contenders yet to hit the deck?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

ah ok, must have missed that one!

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

You can see his motorised wheel spinning away there

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Finally, go on cav!

Nice lead out by Greipel

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

newreply.php posted:

Why is this even on the substances list? Coke isn't performance enhancing at all. This is like that olympic snowboarder that got busted for smoking weed.

Its a health of the riders and reputation of the sport thing, rather than performance

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

His heart rate doesn't change a blip during those attacks. As in, not in the tiniest bit.

Are there PED's that can do that, cos it sounds more like the HR data is wrong to me?

I'm not defending him, he's clearly on something, but I don't think this is the evidence that's gonna get him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Maybe his HR is like a boiling kettle and by constantly watching, it never changes