Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

I hope we don't have to put up with three weeks of these tremendously stupid Tommie Copper ads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

TraderStav posted:

First TDF follower this year. Someone mind explaining the yellow/green jersey thing? Just watched the first hour on replay and enjoying it so far. Man, is the English countryside beautiful. I need to jump the pond and take a week riding through it.

The Tour has lots of sub-competitions, and the leader in each wears a distinctive jersey. The overall leader (ie, quickest time through all the stages so far) wears yellow. That will be Kittel tomorrow, since he came first today. The best sprinter gets a green jersey - there are set places to sprint throughout the course, and there's points for first, second and so on in those sprints. Similarly with King of the Mountains competition, there are points available at the tops of climbs for the first few riders, and the rider with the most points gets a polka-dot jersey.

There's also best young rider, who gets a white jersey, and the team leading the team competition wear yellow numbers.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

Seems he put a nice dig in at the top of Jenkins Road and Contador couldnt follow him. Its going to be a good contest between those two.

That was my takeaway from it, too. I'm pretty firmly in the ABF camp, but I don't know how big a factor Contador is going to be.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Russian Bear posted:

Do you have to pay for nbc tour tracker?

Yeah, 14 bucks. Well worth it, though, it's ad-free, and the quality is pretty good. You do have to put up with Phil and friends, but it's an app, not magic, unfortunately.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Froome reportedly down again.

e: or maybe not? Excellent commentating there.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Froome down again! Really!

He looks hosed.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

So is there a vuelta app similar to the tour one? Because I'd pay another $15 or whatever for that, especially with the all-star field this year.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Into the goddamn light post. Ugh.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Made a pointless and unsuccessful attempt to bridge to the breakaway group.

e: the helicopter pilot loves these cliffs.

Albinator fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jul 9, 2015

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

"An amazing piece of bike handling by Chris"

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

Is that Froome that Nibali hits?

I think it is, he certainly looks gawky enough. And I saw a bit more of that video; the Sky rider does stay on, but it's a pretty close thing.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Really, if it upsets Phil Liggett it is probably the right thing to do.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

The fan was trying to give him a shove up the hill and hosed it up? That's the charitable explanation, but dumb any way you look at it

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

goatface posted:

I could see Cav being done.

Feels like it, doesn't it? All those crashes, and then not really being competitive this tour, it might be time.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Smirr posted:

I do have to say that I've never wanted to visit Glasgow less, and I've never wanted to visit Glasgow at all

Glasgow is a great city to visit, just find a pub when it rains. It rains a lot, make sure you like pubs.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

paddyboat posted:

Sylvain Chavanel aka The French Thomas Voekler retired, RIP
You know what country Voeckler was from, right?

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Clearly needs to work on his remounts, but good on him for going for a laugh after that last 100m.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

I dunno, I paid some money and get to watch the ad free stream and listen to enthusiastic Australians who ( unlike Phil ligget) are generally able to identify the riders and their teams. It’s quite good.

It’s been lance-free thus far.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

That sucks.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

And now they're showing a bunch of icy water flowing over it. Yeah, right decision.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

StarkingBarfish posted:

I want to know what the uran/nibbles beef was

I think Uran didn't believe it and thought Nibbles was doing a gamesmanship. Looked like they made it up later, though.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Movistar - clown princes of bike racing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Want to know what happened to Lopez and fuglsang while they were in the twilight zone