Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

That's about as broken a collarbone as you're likely to see. drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Watched from Clifton Green before the racing started. Great atmosphere, big crowds.

It owned

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Carpet posted:

Now drinking a pint and watching an old Yorkshireman try to get his dog to let go of a stick

:britain:

e; Purito looks really hosed, poor guy.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

TraderStav posted:

I meant for the whole race, not the stage. Unless it's the same on the whole.

It is that for the whole race. The rider with the lowest cumulative time over all the stages wins.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Andy Schleck's career decline has been pretty spectacular.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

I saw half a replay of him untangling himself from another Astana rider. What happened?

Teammate went down ahead of him, Nibali stayed up.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

Also re watched when he abandons, he stand ps there waiting for the car just looking dejected, car pulls up and he gives the I'm done sign, then realizes he should act like he's in pain so winces a bit.

At the finish when they interviewed Geraint Thomas after was the first he heard Froome abandoned he had an interesting reaction, something like "oh thats disappointing for him" didn't seem to care .

Ah yes, I'm sure Geraint Thomas was completely unaware that his team leader abandoned the race.

No arguments about Froome being a little bitch who can't handle his bike though

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Until you mentioned that, I'd forgotten about Thomas riding like half the tour with a broken pelvis, too.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Nice finish, that. Wish Kwiatkowski could've held on, that would have owned.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Vino is a good looking man imo.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Phil & Paul really pissed me off trying to blame Tejay's crash on the Movistar rider. Fucker was all over the road, the guy behind had nowhere to go. Tejay's a 'GC contender' though, so it couldn't have been his fault :shepface:

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

IndustrialApe posted:

He whines when he loses in the most annoying way and when he does win he gets so smug that it's hard to root for him.

He also has a poo poo name. Having said that, I don't really have anything against the guy, I just never really think about or support him.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Nibali reckons he had the wrong gear on that last stretch:

quote:

On the final climb Alberto kept attacking but I managed to follow him quite comfortably," said 2013 Giro d'Italia winner Nibali of the stage's final climb.

"I got the wrong gear and he accelerated straight afterwards.

"The important thing was that I was there. He took three seconds in the last 100 metres. I don't know how significant that can be.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

There will be no attacks from GC contenders today, but I hope someone cool wins from a breakaway.

e; anyone other than Voeckler really, I can't stand the sight of him gurning away.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

Sagan to try something on the descent?

I can't see it. I reckon Sagan will take it easy for a few days, people aren't going to let him get away easily enough to put in decent time on a day like today.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Anyone got a gif or a replay of Contador's crash?

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Left them for dead like it was nothing, nice.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

Tours turned into a real bore now.

Stages like this were never going to be some amazing spectacle were they

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Sagan doesn't even look like he's arsed about winning a stage. Also lol at Greipel fuming at Chavanel.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

HC mountaintop finish :getin:

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

They wouldn't be able to broadcast live from them, they are fine for getting video post race but the motos have huge satellite uplinks on them and stuff. The tech needs to catch up a bit

It'd be cool to have dash cams in the team cars imo, could probably get some cool stuff from them every now and then.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Mr.Nice posted:

OPQS does this every time they win.

Stage 7 Team Car Emotion (Trentin) They needed the photo finish, DS really had no idea if he won or not.
Stage 9 Panzerwagen Powers to Solo Win

Haha yes thanks, I'd forgotten they did these. I love their DS.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Hegay posted:

cmon Valverde please

This, loving this. He hasn't done anything meaningful in the tour for so long, and it bums me out.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Setting up and instigating an attack, then getting dropped like it's nothing, yeah that's the Valverde I know and love.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Ah, that settles it then.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Pretty sure no one gives a gently caress about the cash value of finishing in x place

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

This was top in the recommended videos, and is always a pleasure to watch: Cancellara's Descent « An Ordinary Cyclist:

Also, Voeckler is a loving dick.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

It's cute that Mollema and ten Dam are so close in the gc again this year.

Also I probably won't get to watch tomorrow, ffs

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Bet Nibali will storm to victory like Contador did a few years ago when he beat Cancellara.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

I hope its good news and not just 3 weeks of them marking each other.

Read this as merking each other. I hope it's that.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

How far did he go then?

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Withnail posted:

Retire at 29?

Win the game of life...

Not many bike races though

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

JingleBells posted:

Track cycling doesn't get more exhilarating than this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVQNlyYXqjg

That's cool, and it's kind of surprising how many of them gently caress it up.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

That could make for some good celebrations, here's hoping someone like Sagan is in yellow for a bit.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

As expected, the riders that jumped the level crossing have been given a pass because there were so many of them and not all of them were possible to be identified.

Lame, I actually thought they'd get deservedly hammered for it.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

It was a shame Sagan got edged off his line, he was coming through nicely.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Anyone got a gif/video of Thomas' crash?

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Stunning view on that shot of Geschke descending, those black clouds phwoar.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Pinot has lost his bottle on this descent, probably not that surprising really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Quality beard on Geschke, wonder if he uses Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo on it.