Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
Excellent somersault there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
First day I can watch the whole stage, looks like I made the right call.

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

Swink posted:

Anyone got it in gif form?

e: mine's bigger

Knitting Beetles fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jul 10, 2014

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
Having 10 km of cobblestone roads in wet conditions ahead with a wrist injury must have played some part.

Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steroid-induced_osteoporosis hmm interesting

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
Wiggins getting cucked even more

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
The hits keep coming for Wiggo

Brailsford posted:

It's just unfortunate for Chris, he's worked ever so hard to be in good shape and really believed he could win this race.
We will, I'm sure, see him in the Vuelta and go from there. If it makes sense, if it's the right thing to do from the performance point of view, then why not?

Brailsford posted:

It (the Vuelta) is not confirmed yet (for Wiggins)

http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/news/55388/froome-eyes-vuelta-and-wiggins-too

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
I really don't like the Astana yellow jersey design, it's like Nibali's wearing dungarees.

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
Talansky spots a hot babe in the stands or something

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
9 minutes, it's going to be a good day for Kwiatkowski

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

He was saying you get really inconsistent braking especially when they heat up. He pointed out that these guys are all pros and something has gone wrong if they keep crash in on relatively simple descents. Where contador crashed was a straight.

While I've heard that carbon wheels have worse braking than aluminum rims, they've been using them for years now.

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

Withnail posted:

Sky is a clean team. hth

They might be, now

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
Apparantly it fell off a car, so that doesn't tell much about quality.

e: vvv ah so they're lying, that makes much more sense

Knitting Beetles fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jul 14, 2014

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
Do spare bikes have rider number plates on them? Googling some team car pictures there's quite a lack of plates on the bikes. Hmm.

Or did they change the plate over to show that it really was Bert's spare bike.

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

Chenghiz posted:

Apparently Contador's mechanic likes to put the rider number on the spare bike as well.

http://cyclingtips.com.au/2014/07/tinkoff-saxo-tangle-with-belkin-bikes-identified-as-cause-of-snapped-contador-frame/

Seems plausible to me.

Only took Specialized six hours to strongarm the right people and get their story straight, another successful coverup by big carbon :tinfoil: They also photoshopped the picture to show the clean (or ... cleaned) bike in front of Contador who's just crashed.

But really this is the most boring outcome, boo.

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
RIP Talansky

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
More like Betalansky

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
Talansky is 17 km behind, the 22 minutes they give him is quite optimistic.

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

dema posted:

InRng said he finished before the cutoff. AFWIW; I'm reading that Garmin management asked him if he wanted to drop out but he wouldn't. And that he didn't want any teammates to come back for him. Pride.

Even though the fall that caused all this was completely retarded, good to see him finish. Hope he doesn't crack on Friday.

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
Degenkolb gonna take a big poo poo on Sagan

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

Pvt Dancer posted:

Degenkolb Kristoff gonna take a big poo poo on Sagan

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

Good Dog posted:

I dont know how you guys can watch this poo poo live on TV/broadcasts with ads. I wake up (west coast) and am able to fast forward through commercials and typically end up catching to the live thing around the end of the stage, it works out perfect. It does mean I a late start on a morning ride (9am~) though.

Broadcast here doesn't have ads :smug:

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
Enjoyable stage :)

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
Belkin has a new sponsor: Lotto. No not that Lotto, that's the Belgian lottery. It's the Dutch lottery, Lotto.

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
They have the exact same color as the yellow jersey

https://www.lotto.nl/

(I see there's a joke picture already by mr Nice, drat)

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

African AIDS cum posted:

lol at FDJ riding like they are in yellow

Mollema is a better TT rider than Pinot, so they don't want him too close.

e: from last year

code:
11.	NED MOLLEMA Bauke	164	BELKIN PRO CYCLING	38' 34''	+ 02' 05''
55.	FRA PINOT Thibaut	71	FDJ.FR			39' 57''	+ 03' 28''
118.	FRA BARDET Romain	82	AG2R LA MONDIALE	41' 09''	+ 04' 40''
vvv worse even

Knitting Beetles fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jul 23, 2014

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

African AIDS cum posted:

Yeah just funny how they have all conceded yellow. I'd like some crazy long range attacks.

Those French riders have lost sight of everything but each other, which is kinda fun but also a bit retarded. Valverde must be laughing his rear end off.

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

Cat Terrist posted:

And yet again you miss the point. There is nothing remarkable about what Nibbles is doing.

If you take out the times before 50% hematocrit was enforced only Armstrong remains with a better time. That's somewhat remarkable.

serious gaylord posted:

Yep, okay, you're absolutely right. Its the bike, totally the bike. Nothing to see here, move on people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaVcb0iTRFo&feature=youtu.be&t=1m26s

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
Belkin did terrible today, Mollema blamed it partly on the bike after the race. Bianchi gave them new TT bikes on the second rest day and they only got to ride it twice, the second time being this morning.

Now the team is freaking out and saying how unprofessional Mollema is to blame the bike. Good show.

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
I dunno, Mollema said he was cramping up after 10 km and his form was pretty good in the Pyrenees two days ago.

The team response is just retarded. Mollema's always the first to blame himself when he underperforms, the director even acknowledged that and then goes on to say that it's really unprofessional to suggest that riding on a new TT bike turned out to be a bad idea.

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
that pass at 0:45 :staredog:

e: Marianne Vos and Tony Martin should hook up. Their children will be the fastest and ugliest motherfuckers on earth

Knitting Beetles fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jul 28, 2014

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
... his victories to rampant drug abuse

But he's Spanish so I can forgive him.

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

Skarsnik posted:

Supporting him is hardly going to help much though is it? He should have been booed from the moment he was back

:psyduck:

As far as I'm concerned every top rider toes the line that's been drawn by doping authorities, using every method available to evade detection and appear to be within limits. Those caught & convicted and have sat out a season or two serve more as a warning to others than reach a 'clean' sport, whatever that means.

Contador is fun to watch (unlike Froome) so sure I'll cheer him on.

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

Skarsnik posted:

Not entirely sure what the confusion is here.
An outright ban would be a much better deterrent no? Supporting him is also supporting the current 'slap on the wrist' system. If you really want a clean sport, you shouldn't be supporting either. Does that make it less :psyduck: for you?

Cutting off their heads and putting them on pikes at the next start would be even better.

I want a sport that's fun to watch, decent incentives for a level playing field and athletes that aren't killing themselves are a nice bonus. Zero tolerance lifetime bans would kill it off pretty quickly.

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
My favorite kind of doping story is back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ideiS-6gBAc

:tinfoil:

e: oh it's turning the wrong way

Knitting Beetles fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Sep 4, 2014

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
Team car injects him with fresh blood.

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
What a terrible way to cover the last few 100m, how did Contador lose that much?

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
If the 3rd guy you bring has never won a pro race maybe you just live in a garbage country that doesn't deserve more spots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
'Only' 17 from Astana, 38 is the total.

I feel bad for teams/riders that are clean because they believe that cycling's changed, if they exist.