Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hellzno
Jan 15, 2008

Primo
Who did you buy the vehicle from? Did you do any sort of inspection before the vehicle was bought? Any other specs of the vehicle (km, year, etc.)?

Here's what the Office of Consumer Affairs says:

quote:

If you have unknowingly purchased a defective used vehicle from a Canadian auto dealer, you can contact your provincial or territorial consumer protection authorities. Whether the vehicle was originally purchased by the dealer in Canada or in the United States, consumers purchasing used vehicles in Canada from an auto dealer can check to see how they are protected by their province's or territory's consumer protection laws.

Believe the BC one is called the Motor Vehicle Sales Authority (of BC). Call them and see what they can do (link: http://www.mvsabc.com/consumers/consumer-complaints).

I don't know a ton about fixing cars but DO NOT RUSH INTO ANY RESOLUTION WITH THE DEALERSHIP WITHOUT EVALUATING YOUR ALTERNATIVES. Take your time and make sure that: i) they don't gently caress up your car (even more) and ii) they can't legally weasel their way out of it. I'm looking at used cars now too so I feel your pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hellzno
Jan 15, 2008

Primo

xzoto1 posted:

The first shop sure seemed that way. I have a feeling they work closely in conjunction with the dealer I bought it from and did as little as possible to make it look like they fixed it. It's a 2010 with just under 100,000 km's on it.

I actually just spoke to the financing department. The person seemed shocked that I was having issues with this car. She said she is talking with the manager and will try and get it sorted it.

Call the Motor Vehicle Sales Authority in the meantime. The dealer is going to look for the cheapest solution to this problem. It wants to minimize its costs and any legal recourse you might have.

Figure out the rights afforded to you by your province and what you're entitled to. Don't just wait around for them to make it right (hint: they won't).

hellzno fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jun 29, 2014

• Locked thread