Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Arcturus

The last thing Arcturus remembers is the demons - a vast horde of darkness washing over him, snuffing out his light.

He awoke in a cool, dark forest, a single ray of sunlight interrupting his sleep. He did a quick once-over to make sure he was alright and to make sure he still had all of his possessions. Armor, check; staff, check; LANTERN OF TRUTH AND JUSTICE, check.

Now if only he could remember what all of it meant. The LANTERN was clearly an artifact of great importance, but where did he get it? Why is he so well-equipped to fight just to go out for a casual stroll through the woods?

Clearly there is a GREAT DARKNESS in these woods, and he is an arbiter of TRUTH AND JUSTICE! Yes, that must be it!

There's no time to waste! Evil awaits!

pre:
Arcturus
Level 1 Lantern
Glowing eyes, styled hair, practical tunic, tattooed skin

STR 13 (+1)
DEX 09 (+0)
CON 12 (+0)
INT 15 (+1)
WIS 08 (-1)
CHA 16 (+2)

Damage d6
Armor 0
HP 16/16

Drive: Enemy of Darkness
Take steps to destroy a place or creature of the shadows

Source: Stolen Property
Your little light is able to lift anything up to 1-weight, and will
frequently pick things up just to move them around.

Your Little Light (Monty)
You carry a piece of the great god Sola with you at all times. This glowing ball of light will
generally float about wherever it wants, although it sticks around you and rests in a lantern
you carry. It will usually obey your commands, but it is quite fickle and may require some
convincing. Your little light cannot speak, but it can communicate to you by changing
colors and point things out using beams of light. It will always provide light for you. Your
little light cannot physically touch anything, and it cannot be harmed in any way.

Light Weaponry
When you command your little light to change its form, choose a form from below and
it will take on that form until it thinks you need another one more. When you roll a 6-
while your little light is in one of these forms, it reverts back to its harmless form and
refuses to change back for a short while.
• Arrows of Light: Near, Mystical, Piercing 2. When you would spend Ammo with this
weapon, instead reduce the Piercing value by 1 until the next time you Make Camp.
• Shield of Light: Armor +1. You can lend this armor bonus to anyone within Reach.

Bend Light (CHA)
When you convince natural lights to bend to your will, choose one and roll +CHA. On
a 10+, the chosen effect works perfectly. On a 7-9, it works, but the light is fickle and the
effect will not last long - you'll need to hurry to take advantage of it. On a 6-, the light is
sick of being bossed around - the GM chooses one from the list and uses it against you!
• You command the light to attack - temporarily blind or stun a group within Near range
• You calm the light until it stays still - create a wall of light that blocks off one passageway
• You praise the light until it draws close - fill an area with light
• You terrify the light until it flees - shroud an area in darkness

Reveal the Way (CHA)
When you show a non-hostile NPC their best course of action, roll +CHA. On a 10+,
they will take that course of action, although they will take it in the way that benefits
them most. On a 7-9, they aren't sure it's something they want to do, but you have their
ear now - you gain leverage over them.
When another player comes to you seeking advice, tell them what you think is their
best course of action. If they act on your advice, they take +1 forward. At the end of the
session, if at least one player who acted on your advice actually benefitted from it in
the end, you mark XP.

Gear (3/19)
Dungeon rations (5 uses, 1 weight)
Lantern (1 weight)
Hooked quarterstaff (close, two hands, 1 weight)
One healing potion

New Tag: Mystical
When you Hack & Slash or Volley with a weapon with this tag, roll +INT
instead of +STR or +DEX.

Bonds
I must show the truths of the world to The Nameless.
I don't think Pyotr is as fond of the light as I am.
Svetlanka knows the secret I've been hiding forgot.
Alexander shines so bright that they hardly need me to
light the path for them.

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jul 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Here's my bonds:

I must show the truths of the world to The Nameless.
I don't think Pyotr is as fond of the light as I am.
Svetlanka knows the secret I've been hiding forgot.
Alexander shines so bright that they hardly need me to light the path for them.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Error 404 posted:

[*]So uh...Hashtags, do you want to define the secret, or do you want me to?

My idea had to do with his Source; maybe he stole the lantern from your order, but doesn't remember it due to ~convenient amnesia~ after being killed by the demons.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Yeah that owns, I like it. Definitely want to go with the thief angle.

• Locked thread